In Denial

Sing With Me

 

Hongki P.O.V

“Oh my god!” I panicked. “What do I do?” Q ~ Q I put her back into lying position and lifted her chin. I opened and gave her CPR 4 times…I lifted her back into my arms and hugged her tightly. “Chebal… Please, please wake up! Hongki-oppa is getting worried. Mianae, I’m sorry for what I’ve done… Chebal, just wake up!” I pleaded. A tear rolled down my cheeks and then landed on her face. I let go of my grip and laid her head on the pillow.

I cupped my face with my palms and sighed. “Why did I do this?” another tear rolled down my cheek, then all of a sudden I felt a cold embrace on the back of my hand. “Wae are you here? Gwetchana?” she looked confused. My expressions changed dramatically and quickly tugged her into my arms… “Sorry for what I have done,” I genuinely apologized and cried a little.

Eunjung P.O.V

“What is he doing?” I thought in my head. I escaped his hug to face him, “wae are you crying?” I asked as I wiped his tears away from his face, “gwetchana? What happened? …” “You don’t remember what just happened?” he said in a nerve-wracking tone. I gave a confused expression and tilted my head, “what do you mean? I just woke up right now…” His eyes widened and his face lit up, “oh! Never mind! … ANYWAYS MERRY X MAS!” he leaned in close to my face, as the tip of our nose touched, and our lips were only a cm away from each other. I leaned forward as well and blushed at the moment when he smiled. I closed my eyes and stretched my lips…

Hongki P.O.V

“Oh what if she falls unconscious again!? I’m so scared….” I quickly turned my head around and sprung out of the bed. I rushed to the washroom and closed the door behind me. I put my hand onto my chest; my heart raced like a galloping horse. “Aw … What did I do? She thought I was going to kiss her and I just chickened out! She probably thinks I don’t like her now… Then later she might even consider Jaejin again! ! NO!!” I gripped onto my hair and shouted, “ARGH!” while clenching my teeth. I bit my lip and looked at myself closely in the mirror. I used the tips of my fingers to fix my hair, I smiled handsomely; “don’t worry, Hongki… I am more handsome than Jae…” I told myself. I breathed onto my hand and sniffed the stench, “augh! I kissed her with my breath smelling like this?” I quickly grabbed the unopened brand new tooth brush and started brushing my teeth.

A sudden knock on the door alarmed me, and it was Hyomin. She invited herself in and hugged me from the back, “merry Christmas Hongki-geun<3” Her cheek pressed against my back and her grip was held tightly around my stomach. She didn’t bother to let go for the whole entire time when I was cleaning up… It bothered me a bit because I couldn’t get the job done as fast and she was starting to creep me out. I was paranoid that Eunjung would come in accidently and catch us in this position, so I quickly pushed her away, “I need to pee…”I said, she pouted in response, “arasseo,” she gave a sly smile.

Eunjung P.O.V

I was about to knock on the washroom door, till someone had already opened it. Hyomin walked out of the washroom and we both stood their looking at each other. Hyomin gave me a sour face and flaunted her hair than walked past me. Hongki was behind her… “They… Were in there… Together?” I thought in my head. I sighed, “Don’t try to interfere. Don’t try to interfere,” I repeated to myself in my head as I stared at my feet fidgeting, and clamped my hands together behind my back. I looked up and found Hongki staring into my eyes. For some reason he looked sad… “Gwetchana?” my voice cracked. He looked down and nodded; trying his best to avoid eye contact.

My feet clicked together on the ground as I nervously bit my lip and unlocked one of my hands from my grip to put a finger up to my lip, “Mianae” I apologized quietly than bowed and walked downstairs, trying my best not to let the tears come out. I covered my face with my hands, “Pabo! Why am I so stupid?” I cried to myself.

I let out a big sigh and told myself to get over it. I walked to the kitchen and prepared some breakfast, “merry Christmas,” I said to everyone. Everyone helped cook and prepared food except for Hyomin who just stood there in the kitchen, looking at Hongki the whole entire time. I was a little bit annoyed by her… I don’t know why… Well I’m not too sure If I was even angry in the first place… I was never genuinely angry at anyone in my whole life… It just feels like there’s a small spark of flame in my heart that made me a bit hot tempered, but I didn’t want anyone to notice, so I just stayed quiet. I knew she gave me secret glares, but I didn’t bother exchanging looks with her; mainly because I was afraid that I might catch Hongki looking back at her… “No wait… What am I thinking!? My first intention was to pair them up but why am I feeling like I want to be with hi-? No! Ugh!” I shook my head, hoping the thoughts would escape. “I don’t like him. I don’t like him.” I repeated several times to myself. “You don’t like who?” a familiar voice spoke in my ear.

“Ah.. Hyomin… ani.. ^^ I’m just…” “psh” she snorted and walked over to Hongki once more, embracing him into her arms. I turned around and made sure I avoided any physical contact when they were together, because I hated the feeling I got every time I saw them together. Yet I don’t know why… And I don’t want to believe that I liked him… I guess my heart is still hiding behind that imaginary wall I built in front of it a long time ago… Always telling myself, “no, that’s not it. Don’t think that! Think positively... Keep telling yourself that those bad things won’t happen! Your parents are fine… they are okay… they still love you… they just don’t have enough time to take care of you…” I lived my whole life underneath denial… I don’t know what these new feelings are… And I am too scared to accept it… Because I’m afraid I might not be able to maintain it.

We ate our meals quietly in the dining room… The atmosphere was as if it was a damp and foggy day… Jaejin had a hangover since he drank too much last night… Hongki was ignoring Hyomin for some reason… Maybe they’re in a fight? … Hyomin gave up on trying to converse with Hongki… And I was a bit embarrassed when I mistaken him for kissing me in the morning, so I kept my mouth shut…

I didn’t want the whole Christmas day to be gloomy like this so I decided to finally bring out the outfits for us to wear, than go skating at the arena outdoors…

I handed over Jae’s costume to him in a box, his costume was a reindeer outfit. I gave Hongki’s his, which was a normal Santa costume. Hyomin has already received hers, which was a red santa dress… At first I wanted her and Hongki to match, but now I don’t want that anymore… Maybe I’m being a bit too selfish…

We all went in our rooms and changed into our costumes; only Hongki and Jae were unaware of what the costumes were, so I was excited to see their reactions… :D