Giving You my Attention.

Sing With Me

 

2 More days till Christmas!!

Eunjung P.O.V

It was 9:00 pm and everyone was already awake… It was just Jaejin, Hongki, Hyomin and me, while everyone else left for their own celebration… I have less than 2 days to help Hyomin and Hongki get together! >3<

“What are you doing there just staring at your food?” Hongki looked me in the eye. “Um… I’m just wondering… Are you busy Jaejin?” I said, totally ignoring Hongki. “Aniyo.. Wae?” he smiled. “Can we go shopping for Christmas stuff?” “Of course!”

-__-“And what we’re not invited?” Hongki blurted out. “I want to get to know Jaejin more…” I lied… the truth was, I wanted Hongki and Hyomin to get more alone time while I was out with Jae… Hopefully this plan will workout.. :D

 

Jaejin P.O.V

“I want to get to know Jaejin more…” My heart beat kept pacing every time her voice replayed in my mind. Over and over again… It made me happy… It made me realize that, my feelings had probably fallen deeper for her… I can’t seem to get her out of my head…

Hongki P.O.V

“What the hell is she trying to piss me off? Doesn’t show know by now I hate-- -…”

& just then I had an epiphany, “she must of misunderstood when she caught us kissing...O.O” Crap! I exited my room and looked into the living room… They already left and Hyomin was the only one standing there, besides me…

“Hongki I made cookies! Try some,” Hyomin said as she rushed over towards me… She tripped on the carpet and spilled some of the cookies. “Ow!” the glass bowl shattered and her hand started to bleed. “Gwetchana?” I said as I ran over to her side. She nodded, “ah! My cookies…”

“Aish!” I grabbed hold of her hand and started applying some alcohol to it, “does it hurt?” She shook her head, and bit her lip. “Don’t worry it will stop hurting soon,” I wrapped the bandages around her hand and then sealed the wound with a kiss.

Hyomin P.O.V

He kissed the top layer of the bandages on my hand, his cuteness made me blush so much~~

“We gotta bring you to the hospital to get stitches…” he said. O__O “No!! I don’t want to! Look it’s all better now, trust me!” I said as I bent my hand. “Ow!” I yelled in agony.  :O “Gwetchana?” I nodded.

-----------------------

We drove to the nearest clinic and entered the room with Hongki by my side. He was such a gentlemen, ah~ I didn’t care anymore if it hurt, when he was next to me, I felt more relaxed than ever<3 Every time the doctor stuck in the needle and took it out, he was next to me comforting me all the way and even let me lay my head on his shoulder.

Is it bad to say that I am glad I got this cut today?

 

Meanwhile…

Eunjung P.O.V

“Ah, oppa!! Look at this outfit~ I think it will suit you so well<3” I handed him over these partly white skinny jeans, with a white shirt, covered up with a gray patterned cardigan and a blue scarf.

Jaejin looked at it and smiled, “you really think so?” “Eung!” I nodded and put it inside the cart.

Jaejin looked at the pile of clothes inside the cart, “yah! You chose so many things for me! It’s my time to choose something for you!” :P

Jaejin P.O.V

She stared at a red dress for a moment and started to tear up. “What’s the matter Eunjung?” I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my chest. She shook her head, “ah nothing… It’s just that dress reminds me of Umma…” I patted her back and comforted her, “Your parents are now your guardian angel~ They will always be there looking after you! Be happy that they are in a peaceful place now… Do you think by crying, will solve anything? Crying makes Jaejin oppa upset and it hurts to see a crying angel in front of my eyes.”

She started crying harder and hugged me tighter. I her back slowly and let her cry it all out. Personally I didn’t mind her hugging me, actually I really liked her this close to me, but I was too worried about her being upset. =/

She finally calmed down after a few minutes and apologized. “Ani, gwetchana! It’s better to let it all out, and I’m happy to hold you in my arms when your crying :P, so when you feel sad, run to me, not Hongki~” I chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

We shopped for hours and finally found outfits for us to wear, and she paid for the stuff, After debating over who was paying I let her win and decided to get her  a new cellphone, since hers is rly outdated… Although I wanted to pay for it, but I realized I could get her something better later…

--------------

We went home and found Hyomin and Hongki chit chatting away. “WE’RE HOME!” I shouted.

Hongki P.O.V

I heard the door click and I assumed it was Jae and Eunnie~ I got off the couch and ran towards the door. I tripped on a pair of shoes and fell onto Eunjung causing both of us to fall. Her head hit the ground really hard while I fell on top of her. “OMO! MIANAE! GWETCHANA!?!” I cried in panic.

Eunjung P.O.V

I nodded, “Eung, don’t worry~  Did you have fun when we were gone? :D “ I got up and shook off the dust on my pants while Hongki pulled me in for hug and tightly wrapped his arms around me. “Ani! I missed you so much! Hyomin hurt her han- OMO! Your head! It’s bleeding!! Jae go get some band-aids!!” “Hmm?? What happened to Hyomin Unnie? o-o” He pulled my hand and grabbed me over to the couch while Jae came in with the first aid kit. Hyomin sat next to me and watched them apply the medicine on my head. “Hyomin, I heard you hurt your hand, are you okay?” She gave me a cold glare and twitched her lip, then rolled her eyes, “eung.” She folded her arms and avoided eye contact with me.

Hyomin P.O.V

Hongki sat Eunjung next to him and put one of his arms around her waist. His head was so close to hers, their cheeks were practically touching! Jae grabbed the Q tip and rubbed some alcohol on her wounds. While Hongki held her closely into his arms, and comforted her,“it’s going to be okay<3 I’m sorry oppa hurt you,” he pouted. “Ani! Gwetchana,” Eunjung said shyly. “Aigo!” Hongki kissed her cheeks at least two times then kissed her again on her forehead. “I feel like I abused my little kitty. LMianae..” he cried. Jaejin finished applying the alcohol on her wounds then sat next to her, “Hongki you have to be careful next time!” he said while he her back.

I couldn’t stand looking at them anymore, so I rushed to the washroom. “Why are they treating her like this!?!? I got hurt too! And I thought Hongki was finally giving me attention, but what the heck is this? She gets like 100% of his love while I had to get friggn stitches and she got only a few cuts!” “Aish!” I screamed in pain, than started to cry. Even though I was loud, no one even noticed… “You’re like a dark shadow… You walk around like a zombie, and no one notices you! No one cares about you! You’re a disappointment!” the voice in my head continuously repeated, over and over again. I cried and cried. -Flashbacks of my childhood played in my mind like a broken record.

Then a sudden knock on the door snapped me back into reality. I cleared my throat, “who is it?” “It’s Eunnie. The boys went out to get some groceries, so I guess you’re stuck with me..” she paused. “I have an impression that you don’t really like me, even though I don’t know why, I hope we can try to get along… I have something to give you… Can I come in?”

I opened the door for her and I saw her holding a cute Santa dress, it was defiantly my style, and I loved it! But I didn’t know how to accept it; I was angry, upset, and scared at the same time… “Gomawo.” Then all of a sudden a bright smile lit upon her face, “DO YOU LIKE IT?” 

I nodded. She jumped up and down, “AHH IM SO HAPPY! I WAS AFRIAD YOU WOULDN’T LIKE IT!” she hugged me and handed me the dress. “We’re going to be all wearing outfits later at the ice rink! So put it on later~” I nodded. I really didn’t know what to do, I hated her so much but at the same time I liked her… I never had a true friend, but she was such a nice person, also really stupid but… Ugh I don’t even know, I just wish I can like her, but she’s always pissing me off when Hongki is around her…”

I walked towards Hongki’s bed room to lay the dress down but as soon as I approached in front of the door I heard weeping, I opened the door slightly and saw Eunjung crying over a picture frame… “Why is she crying? Just a moment ago she was so excited and happy… Has she been always this depressed? How can she pull off a smile everyday than..? This doesn’t make sense…” I thought. “Sigh… why my soft side must have to open up now!?” I walked into the bed room and laid the dress on his bed while I held Eunjung in my arms. I looked at the picture frame, and it was a photo of her when she was a child, holding onto her parent’s hands.

“Mianae.” She apologized. “Why are you apologizing?” “I don’t know how to deal with this… I can’t stop grieving over the loss of my parents.” I her shoulder and told her, “it’s going to be okay.” “I’m sorry if this makes you angrier when watching me cry…” she said. “Mwo? Angry?? Why would I be angry?” I raised my eyebrow. “You don’t seem to like my energetic side, and I’m afraid this side of me will make you more upset…” I chuckled and shook my head, “don’t worry about me; I’ve just been really mood swingy these days…” She rubbed her eyes with her hand and told me, “I really wish you were my sister.” She looked at me than hugged me tightly.

O_O my heart sank a bit, “me. As a sister?? After the way I have been treating her all this time?” I thought in my head. This is the first time someone has thought of me more than just a girl walking on the same planet as them. This was the first time I genuinely smiled without the presence of Hongki…
__________

 

She stopped crying after a bit… “wait didn’t we buy groceries the other day?” O.o She shrugged, “probably getting something for you ;D” she said.

 

Eunjung P.O.V

The doorbell rung and I hurried to the door. I opened the door, and it was… HONGKI’S  AND JAEJINS PARENTS! I bowed my head but I was stopped by Hongki’s umma, “ah! Eunjung you have grown so tall! You look so beautiful!” she embraced me in her arms, then Hongki’s appa pulled me in for a hug too, “I’m sorry for your loss of your parents… I hope Hongki is taking good care of you,” I nodded and smiled, “of course he is! I’m very thankful to him and to you guys too for always being here for me!”  We took our time greeting each other and I got to know Jaejin’s parents, they really do resemble each other a lot.

“Hyomin! Look at you, you get more beautiful every time I see you!” Jaejin’s appa complimented. We all chatted and laughed, while waiting for Hongki and Jaejin’s arrival. It was fun getting to know them better, and reuniting with Hongki’s parents. It made me feel like I got another chance to connect with my childhood again.

Suddenly I received a text from Hongki: “meet us at your house, we’re going to cook there… Bring the groceries over :D see you soon my little kitty<3 I love you<3” my face flushed pink, his voice echoed in my head, I love you (?) his text made me feel so happy, but I have no idea why…

“What did it say?” Hyomin said leaning onto my shoulder and looking over at the text. I covered my phone, “we have to relocate everything over at my house, they are already there setting up everything, can you drive us there?” she nodded, as I went to the kitchen to pack up everything.

Hyomin P.O.V

She put her phone down on the couch and I looked at her text. Sigh, “no wonder why she was blushing… Does he actually love her?” ;(  I thought to myself. “What’s wrong Hyomin, you look upset,” Hongki’s umma said worrying. “We have to relocate so I guess everyone get in the van! We’re going to go to Eunjung’s house.”

We got ourselves ready and put everything in the car, then drove off to her house. We arrived at about 4 pm and went inside. Oh my god, her house is way bigger than mine! It's so nice and pretty!

“You made a lot of changes to your house,” Hongki’s umma noticed. “AHH UMMA! APPA!” Jaejin yelled at the top of his lungs and rushed over to them. He hugged them and jumped up and down. Hongki came down the steps as well and went over to his parents, “Aigo!! You have grown a lot Hongki!” his appa complimented. He smiled happily, “I miss you guys so much<3 I thought you guys were coming tomorrow!” “We wanted to surprise you!!” Umma smiled.

We all entered the living room, and it was so big, it literally was the size of half of my house. She even has a wide screen tv, that stretches across the wall. “Let’s start cooking,” she whispered in my ear. I followed her into the kitchen and it was the nicest kitchen I have ever seen, nicer than the ones even in magazines! “I love your house! It’s so nice! I wish I can live here!” I exclaimed. She smiled, “you can live here for free if you want to.” I smiled and patted her shoulder, “ahaha I would love to.”

We separately took turns cooking different things to consume less time. She put in the ingredients inside a bowl and mixed it all, than put it inside the oven. While I prepared the chicken and put it inside the second oven. We washed some vegetables together and prepared the main dish, than the side dish… By the time everything was read it was 8:30 pm. We setted up the table and placed the food.

“TIME TO EAT!!” We gathered around the table and started eating. The appetizer was a carrot spiced bread with ginger cranberry sauce on the side, the main dish was spaghetti with shrimp and tomato sauce. The roasted chicken was placed in the middle next to the gravy and smashed potatoes. Everyone either had wine, coffee latte, or beer. We all ate our dinner peacefully and talked about our new year’s resolution. After the dinner Jae and Hongki washed the dishes than we all gathered inside the living room once again and started singing karaoke.

 Hongki P.O.V

“Man that was soo yummy!!” I said as I hugged Eunjung from behind and rubbed my cheek on her hair. I turned to her cheek and kissed her. Then I looked at Hyomin, while still holding onto Eunjung “thanks for preparing the delicious meal guys!”

Eunjung P.O.V

Hongki snuck up behind me, which made me startled a bit, and my heart raced faster when his arm crawled around my waist. His breath smelt of alcohol, but I didn’t mind. His lips touched my cheek, which made me shiver. I liked this feeling, and I wanted more, but why do I always receive this feeling from him?

Hyomin P.O.V

Here it goes again, is he tormenting me? He clearly knows how I feel about him and yet he dares to give me eye contact when hugging her in front of me. Why is he so cruel? Why does she have to get all of this attention from people!?

Jaejin P.O.V

We sat on the couch and sang a few Christmas carols from the karaoke machine. It’s so funny watching my parents sing when they are drunk! Defiantly funniest moment I have seen from my parents in a while. Man it feels so good to see them again! It was 12 am and our parents had to leave for their own romantic Christmas event tomorrow, so we said our good byes as they took their taxi home.

Eunjung P.O.V

“Eunjung, if Hongki doesn’t behave around you, you have to scold him! Make sure he takes good care of you, and if not, you take care of him then… I hope to see you guys married one day, I have always imagined being a cute couple since the time when you two were toddlers~” Hongki’s Umma whispered in my ear before she got into the cab. O//___//O “What!? Married?” I shook my head “Ani! I don’t think he would even want to mar-“ she smiled and shut the door, as I cut off my sentence. My heart raced, “marry Hongki?” o-o

Seconds later Jaejin’s mother patted my shoulder and said, “you’re a really beautiful girl! I’ve been told you are very smart and caring. I think you would be perfect for Jaejin, your defiantly his type! I wouldn’t be surprised if he fell in love with you~” she laughed and patted my shoulder. I put my finger to my mouth, “Eh? Why are they all saying that..” o-o my face blushed bright red, “Annyeong!” I bowed my head and waved good bye as they left.

We all went back inside and started singing again, since the parents all hogged the karaoke machine earlier, we decided to sing a bit longer.

“Eunjung, please sing for us!” Jaejin handed me over the mic. I shyly rejected the microphone, “I’m not that good!” “C’mon!!” Hongki shouted while drinking more of his beer. I grabbed the microphone and started to sing, Fallng U by t-ara.

“Falling you,

I love you so so much, I can’t get out,

I’m falling in you, I’m falling in you...” 

I finished the last note and rushed over to the couch next to hongki. I covered my face with my hands out of embarrassment. Hongki pulled me into his arms, and yelled, “oh my god, you have a voice of an angel! So pure and beautiful! Why didn’t you tell me you could sing? We should make a duet together!”

Jaejin came in and also joined our hug, “why are you so embarrassed? You sing so well!”

Both were very drunk, so I couldn’t tell whether or not if they were telling the truth or if they were just tone def. Hyomin picked up the microphone and  started to sing FT Island’s song, “Distance.” “Ah stop singing! My head hurts! I want to sleep!” Hongki said while he laid his head on my lap. I took the bottle of beer in his hands and started drinking the rest of it… It didn’t taste good but It made me feel all jumpy and I liked it. Soon enough I got wasted and started seeing funny things.

Jaejin smacked Hongki’s stomach, “Yah! Get off of her! She’s mine!”  “Aniyo! She’s mine go away! He pushed him.”“Stop it! I don't feel that well” I pulled Hongki up and walked over to the washroom.

I opened the door and found Hyomin crying again…