The Knowledge, The Misbelief

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What, exactly, do you think you're doing?" Lay asked Luca, following her to where Tao and Sehun stood with a few guests. 

"I want to ask Tao something." She replied.

"You shouldn't want to do anything that doesn't have to do with the job we gave you." He reminded her. "You haven't completed it."

She frowned at him. "What?"

He looked at her, then laughed. "Are you playing dumb? You can't have actually forgotten?"

"I didn't forget anything." She said. "I've done my job."

It was his turn to frown, "Like hell you have."

Just that moment, though, her words were proven.

"Your Highness!" Someone exclaimed, alarmed. The Duchess was laying on the floor, everything but her feet blocked from Lux's view by bodies.

"Now, I suggest we stop mentioning it." She looked back at Lay. "Unless you want me to get caught."

"When?" He turned to her, his expression truly confused.

"What are you talking about? Did you really not notice?" She asked, then she shook her head. "No more. Don't mention it again."

He shut his mouth but kept glaring at her, for some reason. It wasn't as if she'd done anything wrong. They didn't give her any more specifications that just to put the poison in the woman's cup. She didn't fail, did she?

The ride back to the palace was silent. Sehun and Tao fell asleep. Though they did look at her strangely when they boarded, they didn't ask any questions. Lucy couldn't have helped but notice the odd looks a few of the other princes had sent her, as well. 

When they got off, they passed through the foyer silently. It wasn't until they were alone in the throne room in which she had first met them that Kris turned to her.

"Did you really put the poison in the Duchess's cup?"

"I did, Your Highness." She assured him, not about to be more bothered about confidentiality that the princes, themselves.

"I don't believe you." Luhan spoke up, his voice ice cold. 

"With all due respect, Your Highness, the Duchess is dead. If Your Highness can't trust my word, at least trust the facts Your Highness gathered Yourself." 

"Let me see the ring." Xiumin stepped forward, and she put it in his outstretched hand. "It's empty." He announced to his brothers.

"Where did you throw the poison?" Luhan growled. 

"I let it into the Duchess's glass, Your Highness." The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter