The Tentative Beginning, The Possible End

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Luciana." It was the prince with the kind face who addressed her first.

She had followed Baekhyun in about thirty minutes ago, all of during which the five princes present had been talking amongst themselves in hushed tones in the Empire's language. 

"The twelve of us were here at the beginning," Chanyeol had said. "But the younger ones must have gotten restless and left."

"Or," Baekhyun interjected, turning from his brothers after he announced the completion of his task. "They got annoying and were kicked out."

"Like you?" Chanyeol scoffed.

"Like us." He replied, smug for some reason. 

Lucy was now left, alone, across the room from the elder of the Empress's sons. Finally, she'd been spoken to. 

"Yes, Your Highness?" 

She really hadn't decided how to react to this prince. He couldn't really be kind, could he? Even if he did seem to know how to be stern, Luca thought he would be pitiful if his tenderness was genuine. He would find nothing but suffering in his position. He reminded her of someone she once knew... of a pair of unrealistically pretty... black... eyes. Vuelve a la Tierra, something inside her snapped.

"What are you thinking about?" 

Too late.

"I was wondering if it wasn't supposed to be Winter, sir." She replied calmly. 

The prince looked at her strangely. "You've been here for weeks and you're only just wondering that now?" 

Luhan scoffed. He must of thought her slow.

She tilted her head. "One does not question things in a dreams, sir."

"Why does one not?" He asked, eyes softer. Pitiful. Her jaw clenched.

"There are no wrong answers where correct ones don't exist." She added, "Sir." 

The prince just looked at her. Kris spoke, "We were planning on sharing something with you."

"Have those plans changed, sir?" She asked.

"Why do you think it's not Winter, Luciana?" The prince asked.

"Not definitely." Kris answered her.

"Well, I suppose we must be in a part of the world in which seasons work differently, sir." She answered the prince.

"I don't think we should tell her." Luhan interjected.

"Where did you learn that?" The prince asked her. Xiumin laughed.

"I agree." Lay said. "It's none of her business." 

"I heard it from the people I knew back home." Luca answered. "Sir."

"Which is why we'll be making it her business." Kris growled. She could tell they'd been over this multiple times before. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter