The Balcony, The Road

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Princess sat at the edge of her balcony's thick stone railing, her legs dangling down towards the dark forest. Her attendant just stood by the door. He didn't really seem to be concerned. She wondered if it was because even if she did fall she wasn't high up enough to die. 

"What is your name?" She asked. 

After a minute, he still hadn't answered. She wondered if she hadn't spoken loud enough. 

"You should really try to kill your habit of mingling with servants, Princess." She turned to find a Prince standing behind her. "He and you are not the same." She turned back.

"Social classes are a human construct, Your Highness." Luca remarked. We are all just animals, she refrained from saying; she hadn't forgotten Baekhyun's words. 

"Whoever said anything about social classes?" Suho asked, walking over to lean against the ledge to her left. 

"I'm sure I don't know what Your Highness means, then." She replied. 

"Hmm." He hummed thoughtfully for a second. "I guess you wouldn't." 

"Has Your Highness come just to enjoy the pleasure of my company, or has Your Highness something to say?" She asked, already having grown sleepy in the darkness.

"I've come to threaten you." He said cordially. She almost scoffed at his bluntness, but managed to maintain her peaceful expression. "First, though, I would like to hear what you think of my brothers."

She paused for a second. "I was once told not to group Your Highnesses together, sir."

"Indeed. That would not be wise." Suho mumbled. "Let me rephrase the question. Are you close to my brothers?"

"I am not, sir." She replied, the inquiry not warranting a second thought. 

"Do you plan to remain that way?" He continued.

"I can not predict the future, Your Highness." Lux told him.

"Can you not predict your own actions?" He asked. She glanced at him. Was he displeased?

"Not when they involve others whose actions are so unpredictable, sir." She said. 

He pushed her off the railing. 

"You already know what I want to hear, Princess." He assured her, his grip on her hand loosening ever so slightly. 

She was hardly intimidated, though. He had left her in a position in which, were he to let go of her, she would still be able to reach over to hold on. She supposed this could only mean that he didn't have the authorization to kill her or maybe even harm her, yet. 

"I can make as man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter