The Teeth, The Past

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There's no point to that." A voice startled Lucia.

Her hands jerked back. She spun to face the speaker. "I was told this was the door to the library, sir."

He stared at her, then sighed. "That's the door to one library. I think you should be aiming more for the main library, though."

She said nothing for a moment. He raised his eyebrows, about to ask what it was, then she gave him an overly affectionate close-lipped smile that threw him off almost to the point of outrage. 

"Thank you, sir, I will be sure to ask for the correct directions this time around." With a short curtsy, she turned and started walking away. 

He stood there for a moment, watching her, then sprung into action, jogging after her. "I can take you there." He finally said after walking behind her in silence for a few minutes.

Even then, it took her a couple of beats to acknowledge him. When she did, turning to look at him, she smiled again.

Still no teeth, was his odd thought.

"I'd hate to trouble you, sir." 

"It'd be no trouble." He assured her. "I'm heading the same way." 

A little over five minutes later, they found themselves in front of a huge set of double doors. The guards in front of it stood at attention as soon as they saw their prince. They didn't seem to be caught off guard, though. He must come frequently, she thought. 

The men had to use both their strengths to push one of the doors open for them to pass through. Luca glanced at the prince. She wouldn't be able to do the extent of snooping she was originally planning on doing if he was going to stay here with her. She resisted the urge to sigh, there really wasn't any helping it. 

The size of the room was proportionate to the size of its doors; in other words, it was huge. As big as a basilica, even. A church of books. 

"Your highness," A man, originally seeming to have been sitting at a desk nearby, bowed to them. "May I help you find anything?"

Just as Luciana was about to answer affirmatively, the prince spoke. "No, Namjoon, your services will not be required today."

"As you wish, Your Highness." Luca noticed that, despite being dismissed, the assistant merely stayed in place, bowing. 

"Excuse me, sir," She said, eyeing the back of the man who walked in front of her.

"Call me D.O." 

D.O? ... Ok... "Yes, um, D.O, you might not need any help navigating this place, but I-"

"I'll help you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter