The Servants, The Jewels

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness surrounded her. She seemed to be standing in a vast, closed off space. It was a dream, she realized. She started walking, eyes glued to the few feet of floor she could see in front of her. Something came into view. She frowned, stopping. They were Yvette's cursed dolls. 

"Strange." She muttered, stepping over them. 

A few minutes later, another object came into view. She wasn't able to decipher its identity until she was already staring into her late father's lifeless eyes. It was his severed head, lying in a pool of blood that looked black in the lack of light. She stared at it, motionless for a few moments.

"How revolting." She whispered to herself. She stepped over it, careful not to get any blood on her shoes, and kept walking. 

Something caught her eye in her peripheral vision. She stopped and turned, only to see a spot of light in the distance. It was illuminating a person, moving towards her. 

By the time the man was near enough for her to distinguish his features, all of her tension had left her. His face was familiar, as if he frequented her dreams. 

"Luca." He said, his voice hard, his eyes bordering on tender.

"What is it?" She asked. 

He smiled, about to reply, when Yvette's voice filled their heads, echoing through the room. She seemed to be chanting a protection spell. Luciana didn't speak enough Celtic to really know. 

His face grew cold, his eyes guarded. "Damned witch." He hissed. He turned his gaze back on Lucy and nodded. 

She nodded back and, a second after, he disappeared. A moment later, so did Yvette's voice. 

"Princess." Someone said. "Princess." They repeated. "Princess, please wake up."

She did. 

"Would Her Highness be so kind as to follow me?" The servant standing by her bed said. "The Princes have requested your presence." 

Lux sat up groggily, but did as told. 

The room she had been assigned was almost half as big as a throne room and had an adjacent washroom, into which they walked. There, only young female servants waited. The one who had woken her up was the only male. He asked her to please undress as soon as he was out of the room. When she did, the cool air giving her goose bumps, the girls all wet rags in buckets of steaming water and gently began wiping her body. 

She stayed deathly still, only using her strength to aid the girls when they had to lift her arm or her foot. She wondered if this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter