The Decision, The Wolf

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucy sat up straighter, taken by surprise.

"What?" Luhan asked just as his eldest brother started laughing.

Kris became even more serious, if possible. "Cahaya Kecil." He spoke, his tone low. "We cannot just let her go." 

The shaman bowed, not retracting his request.

"Do you know who she is?" Tao said the first words he had addressed to any visitor that day. 

He just remained bowing. 

"Cahaya!" Tao raised his voice. "Answer me." 

"We want what we want." The dukun said. 

Kris sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Fine."

"What?" Suho turned to him, confused.

"You will all go." 

"What?" Lay repeated.

"Suho and I will stay. Other than that, the rest will go." He removed his hand and raised his head. "Including the princess."

Cahaya Kecil rose. "Your decision is looked upon favorably. We are grateful."

Kris shook his head. "Just go take care of your people." 

The shaman bowed slightly, then, shooting a glance at Luca, turned to leave.

As soon as the doors shut behind the last shaman, Luhan spoke. "I don't think this is necessary."

"We are only sending them half a dozen guards, Luhan." Kris replied, fully knowing his brother wasn't referring to that.

"You always give in to all of Cahaya Kecil's requests." Lay added.

"They're not his requests." Kris said, eyes not having left the paperwork in front of him.

"Oh, boy." Chen scoffed.

"Don't even get me started on that." Lay shook his head.

"Kris, the murders were probably done by some brutish villager. You know they're savages." Luhan started, rolling his eyes, just to get cut off by Suho.

"You've never been down to the villages during the dark nights, have you?" He asked, flipping a document to sign it.

His brother grew respectful, something Lux had started to notice was the norm when they were spoken to seriously by Suho. It made her wonder if the brief moment of animosity he had once revealed to her was closer to his real self than the gentleness with which he handled everything the rest of the time. The idea intrigued her. If she was right, Suho was proba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter