The Silence, The Stars

Protect Me From What I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn't take long for Lucy to realize how the length of the journey would play out. The sky was already darkening, afternoon turning into evening, and, yet, the two princes hadn't said a word since mounting their palanquin. 

Luckily, she'd been spared from sitting between them. Unluckily, by the time she'd walked over to take her seat, Luhan had already wedged himself into the middle of the box. She glanced at him now, but his position hadn't changed. He just sat still, cross legged and concentrated on something in the horizon only he could seem to see. Luca wondered briefly if he could be meditating, then dismissed the thought as a waste of her interest.

Xiumin, on the other hand, had spent the first moments of their journey deciding on which book he wanted to read, just to fall asleep a half an hour into it. He'd been napping soundlessly ever since. 

It wasn't long before the litter stopped for the night. Servants sent ahead with horses had set up camp before they arrived. Luca eyed a particularly strong looking stallion before turning to Tao, who was seated to her right. 

"If Cahaya Kecil's village is so far away, are we really going all the way there in palanquins?" 

Tao followed her gaze to the horses. "It's better this way."

"Why?" She asked.

He looked at her as if he were debating her question. 

Sehun sat down on Tao's other side. "Animals don't like us." 

"Is it me or is you hearing really good?" Lux tilted her head at him. 

"Everything about me is really good." He retorted. "I'm offended you're only noticing now." 

"I'm sorry, I try to pay as little attention to you as possible, Sehun." She shot back, leaning forward in her chair for emphasis. 

"Tch." Sehun clicked his tongue. "Who would want you to pay attention to them?"

"Tao." She replied promptly.

Sehun glared at her, then sat back with a humph. 

"Speaking of paying attention to me." Tao started, only to be interrupted as Baekhyun plopped down on the free space next to her, followed by a messy haired Chanyeol. 

Luca laughed at the younger prince's expression, then turned to greet them. "I see Prince Xiumin wasn't the only one dozing off in the litter." She teased.

Baekhyun shook his head. "The minute he sits down, Chanyeol's already far gone." 

The princess tittered, then turned back to Tao. "What were you going to say to me?" 

He pouted, "Never mind, it was nothing." 

Luca saw Sehun glance at him from the side and suddenly sobered up a little. "Are you sure?" She asked him.

He looked into her eyes for a few moments, also seemingly having become serious, then merely smiled. "It's nothing, Luca. I might tell you late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter