Becoming friends

The Playlist

Pie could hear and feel Kim’s breathing. That moment Kim’s face is so close to hers that she couldn’t resist and she lifted her head to kiss her. She began kissing Kim earnestly and surprisingly Kim kisses her back. Oh my god! I’m kissing her. Then Pie woke up with a pillow in .

“Oh this is not happening…” she said. Jane came out from the bathroom with only a towel covering her body.

“Good morning Pie! How’s your sleep?” she asked. Pie glanced at Jane and saw a smirk on her face.

 “Why are you looking at me like that?” she demanded.

Jane opened her closet and pulled out a couple of dresses to choose. Then after a while, Jane said, “Nothing” pretending at nonchalance.

“Come on! Tell me!” Pie insisted. She got up and walked towards the open closet and snatched Jane’s underwear from her hand.

“Hey! Pie, give me that!”

“I’m not going to give it back unless you tell me.” She held Jane’s underwear above her head, keeping Jane’s hands away.

After giving it a final try, Jane sat on the edge of Pie’s bed. “I have lots of underwear in my dresser anyway.” And then deciding otherwise she said, “You were dreaming about Kim, I assumed. You keep saying her name and even kissing your pillow.” She said pointedly. She tried to control her laugh when she saw Pie with a troubled face.

***

Pie’s ankle still ache but she can bear it if she doesn’t put too much force on it. She walked like a zombie with Jane and Pei in the hallway. The kissing scene kept on playing in her head and she couldn’t stop thinking about it.

“Is Pie okay?” Pei asked.

“She dreamt of Kim. They probably kissed. That’s why she looks troubled.” Jane whispered. They giggled. Kim suddenly appeared behind them. She was chasing Yam to give her book.

“Yam!” she shouts while running. Her voice stunned Pie and she stopped walking. “Oh my god…my heart is beating fast.” She thought. Kim saw her standing and glanced down at her ankle. Pie went still as the statue in Rangsit University. She’s waited for Kim to pass her by so she can breathe normally but unfortunately, or not so unfortunately, Kim stopped beside her. The vanilla scent Pie is now beginning to associate with Kim wafting the air. “You okay?” she asked while stationary jogging.

“Uh…”

I’m freaking nervous. She said to herself. Jane nudged her to act normal in front of Kim. “Uh…yeah. I’m fine. Thanks for the piggy ride the other day.” She said not looking at Kim.

“Ohh that. Yeah. Welcome. Be careful next time then…” Kim waved and chased after Yam.

Pie waved back, Kim’s sweet perfume still lingering in the air. “Ohhh! She smells good!” Jane said, her voice teasing. She’s right. Kim did smell good. She remembered the moment she was on Kim’s back. She wanted to try it again. Her smell really makes her want to bury her nose and drown in it.

“Pie, can we move now? We’re going to be late.” Pei reminded her. She tried to take a step but her legs felt numb and she almost fell on the ground.

Jane and Pei each grasped a hand. “Oh Pie!” They exclaimed.

“My legs…” she murmured.

 “Kim’s side effects!” Pei teased. Pie instantly got up and tried to walk straight.

“Hurry! We’re going to be late!” Pie snapped. They followed her chuckling.

Pie daydreamed during the class. Luckily, their teacher didn’t call on her name the entire period. “Kim’s side effects, how long it will take?” she wondered. She yawned, stretched then looked down at the soccer field. There was a soccer game going on. She preferred watching from above because it was clearer than watching on the ground. From there, you can see the players kicking the ball, tackled with the other players, red and yellow cards raised by the referee and even loud cheerers. She could see Jane and Pei giggling near the soccer field. They must be watching their ultimate crush.

“Want to sit down?” a voice said. When Pie turned around, she saw Kim carrying two chairs. She nods. She was trying to act normal. She needs to. For a while, they just sat in silence while watching the game. Pie was glancing at Kim, she’s too close to her, and all of a sudden the kissing scene from her dream began to rewind.

“What are you listening?” Pie asked just so she could think of something else. Kim smiled at her and gave one ear bud to her.

 “Love songs…”she replied.

 
  1. Lower than the sky above you
    clearer than blue
    brighter than the rays of sunshine
    warmer than what you feel
    more than all the wonders you see
    it's the most wonderful thing
  2. brighter than the living colors
    of flowers you see
    sweeter than the touch of water
    flowing from the mountain spring
    more than all the wonders you see
    it's the most wonderful thing
 

Chorus:
one love
i love you so
love is the beautiful one
i love you so
love is the beautiful one
all we need is love
real love

It was the English version of One Love from the Hit Korean TV Drama series. The song was very relaxing. Pie stared at Kim wondered how smooth to touch Kim’s face would be. She wanted to run her fingers through Kim’s hair. Stay close to her face. She never felt that way with Kim before. She knew Kim before but never had weird feelings with her.

Maybe she’s just fascinated by Kim’s new look. Or her beautiful voice. Changing her looks really surprised her.

 
  1. Marvel at the sight of green fields
    Amazingly seen
    Watch the colors of the rainbow
    It's a miracle you see
    More than all the wonders can be
    But there's more than that

Chorus:  one love
i love you so
love is the beautiful one
i love you so
love is the beautiful one
all we need is love
real love

 

IV. Greater than what you can feel
More than what you ever dreamed
This is better than your everything

Sarang ee jyo. Kim sang when the song ends. Pie heard what just Kim said. Pie imagined that Kim emphasized the word Saran gee jyo. “You wished Pie.” She thought. Kim looked at her and grinned.

“Are you okay, Pie?” she asked. When Pie realized Kim was smiling at her, she took off the earphone and gave it back to Kim.

“Yeah…song carried me away.”

“Oh.”

“How did you know my name anyway?” Pie asked while playing her cell phone accessory. Kim put her iPod into her pocket and glanced at her.

“Id?” she replied.

Pie didn’t believe her. It’s so impossible. The time Kim helped her she was not wearing any ID with her.

“Liar. Tell me.” She insisted.

Kim chuckled and stood up. “Come. Let’s have chocolate shake outside. Before I answer your question”

***

“Two chocolate shakes.” Kim ordered.

While waiting for their order on their table, Pie noticed some girls buzzing around them. They must be the subject. They look at her up and down, side by side and all the angles of her face and body.

“Is that Kim’s girlfriend?” a girl asked.

“No way! She can’t be!” other answered.

Kim could hear them but kept smiling at Pie. “Can we just go somewhere else?” Pie suggested while looking around.

Kim crossed her arms on her chest. “Worried about me and you?”

Pie nodded.

“Oh…okay. Stay here. I’ll get our drinks first.” She said. She went to the cashier’s table and asked if their drinks are ready. Pies looked around and then looked down then around again while waiting for Kim. The shop was designed to look like heaven. All tables and chairs were painted in white. Staying at Chocó Heaven was very relaxing. Not too crowded but they never ran out of customers everyday either.

“I’m Kim.” Kim handed down the drink to her.

“I’m Pie” she replied. They both let out little laughs and then shook hands. “Thanks.” Pie said. They were walking in the street while drinking their chocolate shake. “Now, tell me. How did you know my name?” Pie asked. Good Lord. Pie. Cut it out. Stop asking.

“Well…it’s because of your popularity as Fine arts ‘cutie’.” Kim replied and sipped back her chocolate shake. Pie choked a bit when she heard the cutie word. “Easy there Pie.” Kim teased.

“Okay. I’m not that popular. I only joined the show because of my friends.” She explained. “They want me to beat the other contestant. She stole Jane’s girlfriend.”

Kim smiled at her finishing her shake “Okay. You don’t need to explain it to me.”

They were silent while walking back to Rangsit. “Pie…”

“Yes?”

“You want to take selfie?” she murmured.

“Selfie? Uh…okay. But don’t post it anywhere.” She answered. Butterflies were dancing in her stomach. Pie saw Kim’s face. She was blushing while preparing her phone. “You’re face is red.” Pie noted.

Kim buried her face on her palms. Pie and tried to take her hands off. “Fine. I’ll stop.” She gave up.

“Are you sure?” Pie stepped back and smiled at her.

Kim’s phone rang. “Wait. Zee is calling.”

“Hello?” Kim answered.

 “Where are you? I’m with your dad right now.” Zee said.

“I’m on my way back in the dorm. What is he doing there?”

“I’ll explain later when you get here. Hurry!” She said and hangs up.

“Grounded?” Pie taunted her.

She shook her head, “Nope. She wants me to go home early.”

“Let’s take a picture then.” Pie said and Kim agreed with her. They took a picture.

 “Open your Bluetooth. I’ll send the picture. So you have souvenir from me.” Kim said. Pie handed her phone over and Kim secretly dialed her number to miss call to get Pie’s number. “Done.”

“Don’t ever post it anywhere.” Pie reminded her.

“Got it, ma’am” Kim responded and saluted to her. Kim hurried back to their room but few minutes later Kim called Pie.

“Hello?” Pie answered. She was walking alone in the hallway of their dorm still drinking her shake.

“It’s me, Kim. Look at your cup. See you in school.” Kim said and hangs up.

“Cup?” she is confused. She looks at the cup and removes the tissues covering it.

 “You have a cute smile, smile more J

Pie could feel the smile in her face. “Cute smile huh?” she muttered. The feeling she can’t describe is making her little crazy. She scanned her gallery where their photo was located and set it as Kim’s picture to her number. So that every time Kim calls her, the picture on display is theirs.