Confession ends with almost

The Playlist

The next morning, Pie woke as Zee shook her shoulder. “Go away,” she murmured. Pie’s sleepy eyes snapped open, and she realized she was already late and considered as absent to her first class. “Something is very weird today.” Jane said, crossing her arms over her chest. Pie sat up, rubbing her eyes, thinking about the previous evening. She had fallen asleep when she returned from the party with Kim. “Good morning, Jane.” She said. She glanced to her digital clock and released a heavy exhale. She stood up and folded her bed sheets.

The weirdest thing that happened today is that Pie woke up late and be absent for half day. This is not Pie. She was very cautious about the time and don’t even considering not attending her class. But today, Pie is not Pie. Jane was dressed in her favorite night shinning dress that showed her iness. “Are you with Kim last night?” she asked, staring at her. Pie couldn’t look at her. Couldn’t risk reading her reactions. “You can answer by Yes or No.”

“Oh, yeah?” Pie curved an eyebrow. Pie grabbed her books from her desk and put it in her bag for her afternoon class. “Is it Yes? Or is it a No?” Jane asked. She can’t escape from Jane’s NBI interrogation skill. She has this skill like no one in school have. “Yes. We went to Beam’s party last night and party until we-” she stopped and recalled what happened. Pie was standing still, smiling while recalling every detail last night from the couple shirt to the very moment they almost kiss.

Jane waved her hands in front of her face but Pie ignored her. “Oh my. Symptoms of Kimhan.” Jane said. The bell rang for one o’clock class and Pie hurried down to third floor from her fifth floor class. She saw Kim with Yam and their friends. Kim was talking and laughing with Yam. And now, you’re flirting with Yam. She thought. Kim and Pie made the shortest eye contact before she run towards her room. She tried to concentrate with the lesson but Yam’s sneaky hands to Kim annoyed her. She laughs at Kim was enjoying it. She cursed Yam. It should be her talking and laughing with Kim not her. The late bell rang. Finally, after three hours of bloody lectures and seat works she can finally rest. She spent time with Pei and Jane for the whole week. Kim didn’t text or call her for some time. After that night, Kim avoided her or she avoided Kim.

The days passed but no signs of Kim. Cold mornings and empty nights, Pie woke up with Kim in mind and the last person Kim will think is Pie. Their lives went back normal. Pie goes to her class like old times. Study with Jane and Pei in the library or go out with them. Kim does the same thing with Pie. Weeks later, students are busy studying their lessons of their first term of exams. First part of the exams is the most critical element. You have to give your best to earn high grades to avoid cramming. Graduating students are the most pressured ones. Tons of works is loaded to them. And some people says, graduating students are prone to misfortunes. Believe it or not, that is happening in any parts of the world. See the three idiots’ story, Joy story in specific. The professor didn’t give him extension to finish his project that result to a suicidal incident. It can be happen to anyone. Maybe for not the same reason with Joy, some has financial problems, family problems, or just love. Many factors can affect our lives not only with this. Imagine one balloon exceeds its limit to hold pressure inside t will blow up. Depression can kill.

Anything can happen and anyone can be a victim. It’s a reality. So that’s why the SGA staff organized a Pre-exam Party after their examinations to help students to relax and have fun after the stressful weeks of studying. The audience is singing with Kim and the band when Pie, Jane, and Pei arrived in the university stadium. There’s a lot food and drinks prepared by the SGA staff. The beat of Mike’s drum surrounds the stadium. It took seconds before another instrument stepped it. It was Zee’s guitar and their bass guitarist. They had a clue what song it was.

I don’t mind, letting you down easy but just give it time

If it don’t hurt now then just wait, just wait a while

You’re not the big fish in the pond, no more

You are what they’re feeding on

So what you gonna do, when the world don’t orbit around you

So what you gonna do, when the world don’t orbit around you

Ain’t it fun! Living in the real world? They sing with Kim. Ain’t it good, being all alone?

Where you’re from? You might be the one who’s running things

Well you could ring anybody’s bell and get what you want

You see its easy to ignore a trouble, when you’re living in a bubble

“Join me fellas!!” Kim shouted. They sing the chorus together. The crowd is on their feet. Jumping, dancing, and singing enjoying the song for college students. Most of the listeners interpreted it as college life.

Ain't it good to be on your own?
Ain't it fun, you can't count on no one
Ain't it good to be on your own?
Ain't it fun, you can't count on no one
Ain't it fun?
Living in the real world

Then their music paused for a moment to sing the bridge part of the song. The crowd enjoys everything right now. This is what college life, living away from your parents or independently. Then resumed strumming and hitting the drum, the crowd goes wild with it. Sweating all over doesn’t bother the band and the crowd. “Seniors!” Zee shouted.

“Let’s rock the world!” she yelled and jams her guitar and begins with another song requested by a student. Jane elbowed Pie and nod to Kim. Kim’s eyes met her and Kim’s face seemed to light up. Pie gives her a short smile.

Guess it's true
I'm not good 
At a one night stand
But I still need love
Cos I'm just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave
Will you hold my hand

Oh won't you stay with me
Cos you're all I need
This aint love, It's clear to see
But darling, stay with me

Zee can sing like Kim. They are so gifted. Both of them can play guitar, drums and even sing. She was a teaser. She winked at Beam every time she sings. They both loved each other for three years now and proud to say that their relationship is strong.

Why am I so emotional?
No it's not a good look
Gain some self control
Deep down I know this never works
But you can lay with me
So it doesn't hurt

Oh won't you, stay with me
Cos you're, All I need
This aint love, It's clear to see
But darling, Stay with me

Kim sings the chorus while looking at Pie. Those words bring current into Pie’s nerves. She understands the meaning of the song. And the sense stings her heart, she was not ready to commit or she was not ready to have relationship with Kim. She was afraid of trying to show her affection to her. She’s afraid of getting hurt or hurt Kim as well but it’s always part of being in love. “Lovers in quarrel?” Pei elbowed Jane and offered a juice drink. They were staring looking at her friend while she’s watching Kim on the stage. “Maybe. I didn’t see them together these past few weeks.” Jane replied and sipped her juice. After their second song, the band came down to have rest while Beam’s brother turns to entertain the audience.

Yam offered Kim a bottle of water and wipes her sweats with her hankie. Pie saw it and she felt annoyed with it. Although Pie mesmerized Kim. She suddenly want to go in bed. Maybe because of she saw Yam taking care of Kim instead of her. But unexpectedly, Kim saw her looking. All of the sudden, Pie waved to her. Many girls come and keep taking pictures with her. Kim’s eyes met hers again. She weaved through the crowd to get to her. “How are you?” she asked. Pie wanted to throw her arms around her. She longed for her for weeks but something in her stopped her.

She glimpsed over Pie’s shoulder and say Hi to Jane and Pei and turned back to Pie. “I’m fine.” She said. Kim smiled. She smiled. “Let’s go outside.” Kim said. Pie smiled and nodded to her. They disappeared in the crowd while Jane and Pei left behind flirting with other seniors.

“Kim’s side effects is back.” Jane said. They both laughed and giggled at the same time. They decided to walk around. At first, they were in silent mode. Pie sighed and Kim thought she must be tired walking. Kim offered a seat on a steel bench positioned near in the soccer field. Silence always been their excuse to talk to each other. Pie’s focus shifted to something, the sky full of stars with the moon.

“You like the stars?” Kim asked while looking at her. “Well. Not really. I just like to look at the sky right now.” Pie replied and glanced at her. Kim took out something from her pocket and held Pie’s hands. She can feel Kim’s hands, so cold, sweating, and shaking. She’s so unpredictable.

“Pie,” Kim said. She looked at her straight in the eyes. Her heart is beating so fast and the blood all over her face and her ears seemed warm and chills runs at the back of her head.

“I want you to have this.” Kim said and put the black bracelet with a heart-shaped bells on her wrist. “Kim, you-” she replied. She wanted to jump all around right now. The happiness she’s feeling right now is something she can’t trade to anything in this world.

“I like you.” Those words are clearer than mineral water. Her words shot her heart and even excites her again. “You like what?” Pie lied. She wanted to Kim to repeat the words. She want to hear it again.  

“I said it already.” Kim replied. “I didn’t hear it.” Pie teased and runs off. She was running and asking Kim to catch her. They were enjoying the chase and ended up Pie stumbled to Kim’s shoulder. “I like you.” Kim said again. Now, she’s staring at her with the look she dreamt of. Oh my god. It’s happening. “You what?” Pie said.

Kim turned around and shout, “I LIKE YOU PIE!”. Pie jumped behind her and covers Kim’s mouth. “Shhh!” she whispered. “You want me to repeat it, right?” Kim said. She was smiling at her again. Oh that smile is so contagious. “What? I didn’t say that!” she answered back.

“You are easy to read, Pie.” She was stunned. “I like you, I really am.” She said and her fingers to her cheeks. “I, Kim. I…” she said. She don’t know what to say or what exactly to say. “I know. It’s fine with me...” Kim answered.

“No, it’s not like that.” She stared at Kim. She hold her face, looking in her dark brown eyes down to her lips. “I like you too.” Pie said. They stared each other for seconds when Kim lowered her face to hers. They both wanted to kiss each other. Kim’s left hand hold her cheeks while Pie’s hands on Kim’s waist. Pie is nervous. Kim is nervous. This would be the first kiss of Pie in her whole life. Inch by inch their lips are getting closer. When Pie finally closes her eyes, it was a sign that Pie is letting Kim to kiss her.

It was an inch close to Pie’s lips when Yam interrupted them. “Kim!” she shouted. She run towards them and slaps Pie. “Who do you think you are?” Yam said. Kim hugged Pie and protect her from Yam’s violence. “Stop it Yam!” Kim demanded.

“Stop? She’s flirting with you!” Yam answered. Kim put herself first before Pie while holding her hand. Yam saw the bracelet. It was the bracelet Kim brought with her. Kim said, she will only give the bracelet to the girl she loves. It wasn’t her. “I like Pie and there’s nothing you can do about it.” Kim retort.

“You don’t deserve her! She’s straight for pete sake!” Yam yelled. “She can’t love you! You will get hurt!”. Pie sensed Kim’s grip tightened. “Getting hurt is part of love Yam! You must know it!” she said. “I don’t deserve her? Then who? You?”

Kim reached her limits. She was so angry at Yam. “I’ve told you from the start. I can’t give the love you wanted me to give, Yam. And no matter what, that love would never exist in me.” She said and went off with Pie.

Kim dropped her to her dorm. They were in front of Pie’s room standing. Pie was covering her cheeks. She felt stinging on it. Kim looked at it, it was reddish. “I’m sorry.” Kim whispered. She stared down blaming herself. It was her fault why Yam became so violent. “It’s okay. I’m fine.” She replied. Kim stared at her and kisses her cheeks. “I hope my kiss makes your cheeks feel fine.” She said.

Its getting late, Kim bid her farewell. Pie went inside and runs to her bed rolling like dog. The symptoms are very clear and Kim’s infection is getting in its stage two. I like you. The words sounds great. She went to the bathroom to take a shower when her phone vibrates. It took her half an hour in the bathroom. When she went out, she noticed that phone is blinking.

A message from Kim. “I will always protect you, Pie. Always.”