Secret lover

The Playlist

“Ms. Manaying?” Mrs.Sari called.

Pie was staring at her blank paper while tapping her pencil on it. Pie didn’t heard her calling her name. The room suddenly silenced and all eyes on hers. “Are we paying attention, Ms. Manaying?” Mrs. Said. Pie blinked two times and gulped, “I’m sorry Mrs. Sari,” she replied. Mrs. Sari eyed her for a moment and continued her lesson. The remaining twenty minutes of the class used for quiz. Mrs. Sari liked to have short quizzes after her lesson to know if her students listen to her the whole time when she was discussing in front of them. She able to answer the questions but she wasn’t sure in the late part of the quiz.

Pei and Jane approach Pie after the class, “Something wrong Pie?” Jane asked. She pats Pie’s shoulder, “Do you want to talk about it?” Pei says and takes a seat in front of her. Pie lifts her head and put smile on her face, “I’m fine. I’m just sleepy that’s all. I didn’t get enough sleep after the accident.” Pie said with a low voice. Pei and Jane glanced at each other, Pei scoot beside Pie’s and smiles at her. “Why don’t we visit Kim in the hospital?” Pei suggested.

“Yeah, Pei is right. Let’s go Pie.” Jane replied and Pie just nodded at them.

They were heading to Kim’s favorite shop when Pie saw Mike steps out from car across the street. Mike didn’t notice them, as they enters the shop Pie keeps looking at him. He’s still standing there, looking around, and glance to his watch, he’s waiting for someone Pie assumed. “Pie, what’s your order?” Jane asked. When Pie turn around, Pei glance outside the shop and saw Mike talking to someone. “Two chocolate shakes,” Pie answered.

A truck stopped in front of the shop, Pei turns to Jane and orders the same with Pie. While waiting for their order, Pie’s phone rang and Beam’s name flashed on the screen. “Hello, Beam?” Pie answered. “Kim and Zee are awake now.” Beam said. Pie’s face lighten up, she’s smiling again. “We’re just waiting for our orders in the Choco Heaven. We’ll be there soon. Thanks for the good news Beam.” Pie replied.

“She’s waiting for you.” Beam said and hung up.

In a abandoned warehouse,

Van is waiting inside the car, he had a suitcase beside him and a gun on his hand. He was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. He waited there for ten minutes until a motorcycle came. Van smiles, he hide his gun at his back and opens the door. “Hello there, Boss!” the man shouts. He’s tall and full of tattoos on his arms, piercings on his ears, a thug type. He take off his helmet, he shakes his head and smiles at Van. “Did you bring my talent fee?” he asked.

Van laughs at him, “Of course I did Mr. Best Actor.” Van replied. The man walks towards him and embraces him. “Oh! Good! It’s nice to have business with you, boss.” The man said. There’s another man left behind, he’s still wearing his helmet. He’s watching them talking few steps away from him. “I’m a good payer Mister.” Van responds and grabs the suitcase inside. When handed it over to the man, “You can count it if you want.” Van suggested.

The man shakes his head, “No. I trust you boss. But I have a request…it’s not that much…but I’ll be happy if you will give it some attention.” He said and put the suitcase down beside him. The man’s smile faded and become serious, he’s taller than Van and bigger. “I’m listening.” Van’s calm voice said.

“I have something here, you know. For assurance.” He said.

He had a gun on his side, he took it out and show it to Van. Thugs like him can never be trusted, they are money-oriented people, and they will betray you for money. “I will take the money here but in one condition. I will ask additional charge for my silence.” The man strongly said. He was so confident that Van would grant his request. “If you don’t, the evidences will be out in public.” He threatened Van.

“Aren’t you scared Mister?” Van asked. His voice is so calm, he didn’t feel any nervousness or just little bit frightened. His hands are on his pocket, “Should I be the one to be scared? My name doesn’t have a price like yours, boss.” He said and pointed the gun on Van.

“If I were you Mister, I’ll put the gun down.” Van said and his face became serious. The man behind get down from the motorcycle and walk towards them. “Hey Pal,” the man said without taking his eyes off at Van.

The man with the helmet didn’t respond. He just stood behind him, he had the same height with the man in tattoos. “Take this money Pal. Stay back there.” The man said as he handed over the suitcase to him. “What do you think about our deal boss?” The man continued.

“I don’t trust people like you Mister. You know, my pal here was right about you.” Van leaned on his car and glanced at the man with the helmet. He crossed his arms and gazes to the man behind the thug. When the man was about to turn around, gunfire echoed. The next thing happened, the man with the tattoos screams like a cheerleader. He was shot in legs, the man with the helmet pointed the gun to him. “YOU TRAITOR!” the man screams.

Van claps and bent in front of him, “See Mister? I also have assurance.” He said. The man with the helmet took the suitcase and went inside the car. Van took out his gun, “Please! Boss! Spare me! I was just bluffing about the assurance thing!” the man pleaded. He crawled towards Van and embraced his legs like Koala in the tree. He’s pleading for his life. But Van kicked his face, “I don’t spare lives mister.” Van said and pointed the gun on the man’s forehead.

“Please boss! I will do anything!” the man begged again. He was crying like a baby in front of him that makes him laugh like evil. Van enjoys watching him on the floor, bleeding, crying and begging to spare his life. “You’re the best drama actor.” Van said and laughed at him. He toyed him, he told the man to cry, laugh, cry again and then laugh.

“Please boss! I’m bleeding!” the man said. Van was about to speak when the man steps out from the car and shot the man at the head. The blood splashes to his shirt. He was down with eyes open. His blood crawls on the floor. “Wow! That’s my boy!” Van said and throw his arms around him.

The man didn’t stop there. He fired three times on the head and went back in the car.

Bangkok Hospital

Kim rolls up out from her bed but stop for a moment. She felt sharp pain on her belly. “O-ouch…” Kim said softly. Her father was sleeping in the couch so she has to lower her voice. When she tries to stand up, the squeaking sound of the bed wakes her dad. “Kim?” he said and blinked his eyes. She just smiled at him, “I need to pee dad.” Kim said. He went beside her and helps her to stand up. “A-aww...” Kim reacts.

“Wait here, I’ll get the wheelchair.” Mr. Buraphan said. He expanded the wheelchair for her to sit and pushed it towards the bathroom. “Can you stand up by yourself?” He asked. Kim nods at him and tries to stand up on her own. While Kim is inside the comfort room, Pie and friends arrived. “Oh Pie!” Mr. Buraphan greeted her. He kissed her cheek. “Hi Sir, Uhm…we’re here to visit Kim.” Pie said.

“She’s in the bathroom,” he replied and glimpsed at Jane. Pie smiles and introduce Jane and Pei to him. He kissed Jane’s hand while he gave Pei a nod. “Tiger will be happy to see you.” He said.

“Dad! I’m done!” Kim called. “I’m coming!” Mr. Buraphan responds. He helps her to sit in the wheelchair and push it towards Pie. “Hi Kim,” Pie greeted. Pie wipes her eyes and hugs Kim before she could speak. “I missed you.” Pie muttered. Kim pats her back and pulls her away. “I missed you too Pie.“ she said and smiled at her.

Pei become the icebreaker, they enjoy listening to his jokes and make fun to Mr. Buraphan. Kim tries to hold her laugh because of her stitches, when she glimpse at Pie, she grabs her hand and squeeze it. “You want anything?” Pie asked.

“Nothing…I just want to hold your hand…” Kim replied. When she’s playing Pie’s hand, her face became serious, having a deep thought. Whatever on her mind, it made her frowns for some time and act normally in front of them. Pie could sense that Kim was thinking about something but she didn’t try to ask. If Kim wants to share her thoughts she will share, and does not want to force Kim to tell anything right now.

Kim fits her hands to Pie’s, filling all the spaces between their fingers. Kim was smiling again while looking at their hands locked up together. Days passes by, Kim and Zee were discharge in the hospital three days later. Since Zee needs to have more rest, she decided to stay with her mom for the week before going back to their dorm. However, Kim went back to their dorm right after they were discharge. She has to cope up with their lessons before the finals and prepare for her thesis. After her class, she goes to the library to read some books while waiting for Pie to pick her up. They both study their lessons, ask questions to each other, if Pie can’t understand something she will ask Kim and Kim do the same. They share ideas, share different thoughts in things, but end up agreeing to each other.

Kim became sweeter to Pie. She take good care of her, cook for her if she gets hungry, massage her head if she’s having an headache, make her smile all the time, play with her in bed like pillow fight, play a song for her, or just lay down on the bed cuddling each other.

Few weeks later, Zee and Kim were playing xbox 360 when Beam and Pie visits them. They brought drinks and foods to spend the rest of the day with them. This was the first time that Kim and Pie sleep together in one bed. “Babe, you have to eat lots of vegetables so I brought different kinds of it.” Beam said. She was starting to wash the vegetables and drain it while Pie slicing some onions and garlic. Kim chuckles when she heard Zee will eat vegetables. “Can I have some little bit of meat?” Zee said with a pleading look.

Beam turns to her and kisses Zee’s nose, “Okay, you can eat meat but no kisses.” She says and starts slicing the veggies into smaller. Zee quickly change her mind and hugs Beam at the back. “I’ll lots of veggies, babe. I will never ask meat. I promise.” Zee said and kissed Beam’s neck.

“Cheesy.” Kim muttered.

“I heard that!” Beam and Zee snap.   

They all laugh. Kim went to the living room to play her playlist on the iPod stereo. Now playing, “We are young by fun ft. Janelle Monăe”. Kim starts to heat the fan before the cooking oil and the she let Pie do the cooking. She was just telling her what the next ingredient to put, when she will add seasonings to it, and when to taste it. “Don’t taste it every time you open the cover. One to two is enough. You just let it simmer.” Kim taught her. Beam was making the dressing for the vegetable salad while Zee prepares the dining table. “Kim, is this okay?” Beam asked. She scoop a little from the bowl and give it to Kim. “Yeah. Taste good.” Kim said after she tasted it. Beam mix the dressing to the veggies before serving it in the table.

Kim’s phone rang, “Hello?” Kim answered. She went outside from Pie to hear the caller clearly. “Did you try the new version I gave you?” Kim said. She was like murmuring and looking around if someone listening to her.

“We did Kim. But, we still encounter some problems. We’ll update you as soon as possible, we just want you to know that we updated it successfully.” The caller replied. The conversation didn’t last long, Kim hang up and went back inside. They were already serving the food on the table, while Zee pours their glasses of water.

“Who called?” Zee asked. Kim put her phone in her pocket, “A buddy from thesis,” Kim replied. She glances at Kim and smile. They enjoy their dinner together, teasing each other, laughing, talk about the next project of the band, and their plans for mid-break of the year.

Kim’s phone buzzed. She checked the message. It was her thesis buddy. “Count on us.” It says. She locked her phone and put it again in her pocket. Pie saw it but pretend she didn’t see it. Kim washes the plates after while Pie takes a bath. Zee became curious about Kim’s thesis buddy. She nudges her and leans against the counters. “Who’s your buddy? Is it a girl?” Zee asked. Kim shakes her head and look at her, “A boy. Bro, I paired with his group since we have the same concept in thesis.” She replied.

Zee exhale loudly and taps Kim’s shoulders, “I thought you’re cheating on her.” She said. Kim splashes water on Zee’s shirt and start playing around like kids. “What’s that noise kids!” Beam says and she slips. “Ow!” Beam screams. Kim and Zee immediately run towards her. “My …a-ouch. Why is the floor wet?” Beam asked. Kim and Zee stares at each other and grins, Zee helps her to stand up. “Who’s next!” Pie called. She was wiping her hair. She wears her favorite yellow SpongeBob shirt and blue shorts.  

“We can go take a bath together babe. Let’s-” Zee stopped when Beam stared at her with fiercer look. “Mop that floor! And I’m going to take a bath by myself.” Beam replied and left the room. “Babe, I’m sorry! It was Kim’s fault!” Zee followed her. “What happened?” Pie asked.

“We just playing around with water and Beam accidentally slips.” Kim replied. When Zee went back, she ruffles Kim’s hair “It’s your fault,” she said. They both laugh at each other. Zee smiles at Pie, “Why don’t you take a bath Kim. Pie doesn’t like smelly lover in her side.” Zee teased. Blood rushed to Pie’s face, “Yeah. I will.” Kim replied and elbowed Zee’s stomach.

Van’s house,

He was drinking his favorite liquor while watching the news while sitting on the couch with crossed legs. His phone rang, the name brother flashed on the screen. “Did you throw his body?” Van asked.

“It’s done.” The caller said. Van put his glass down on the table and lay his back on the couch. “The care you had with that girl will bring you down Waen. We planned this for years.” Van said. Waen didn’t respond. The name of his brother is Waen. He’s the one who killed the man in tattoos and throw his body somewhere. “If you pursue your intentions to that girl, I hope you consider killing Kim first before flirting Pie.” He said. He could hear Waen sighed, “Considered it done.” Waen hang up.

Kim’s room,

Kim was playing one of her favorite acoustic songs. Give me love by Ed Sheeran.

Give me love like her, ‘Cause lately I’ve been waking up alone

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt

Told you I’d let them go, and that I’ll fight my corner, Maybe tonight, I’ll call ya.

After my blood turns into alcohol,

No. I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me or burn this out, we’ll pay hide and seek to turn this around

All I want is the taste of your lips allow,

My, my, my my, oh give me love(5x)

Give me love like never before, ‘Cause lately I’ve been craving more

And it’s been a while but I still feel the same

Maybe I should let you go,

You know I’ll fight my corner, and that tonight I’ll call ya

After my blood is drowning in alcohol, No I just wanna hold ya

Kim’s sings it with passion, and slowly Pie fell asleep. She plucks the strings gently. She finished the song without waking Pie up. She put her guitar down and scoots beside Pie. She carefully covers her with the sheet and sneaks her hands around her waist. She smells good. Kim wished this moment wouldn’t last. Kim kissed Pie’s cheeks.

“Good night Pie. Sweet dreams. I love you so much…,” she whispered.