Courage Part II

The Playlist

Kim’s soulful tone stands out as she sings All This Time by One Republic. Their version is making the audience go crazy. Some yells her name, some sings with her or just listen to her. The organizer of the festival did it perfect, the visitors for sure contented with their presentation. The businesses there opened twelve hours for them, it was the best time to earn money because of the visitors coming from different cities who wants to witness their festival.

Their second song ends with crazy fans screaming at the top of their lungs for more. But the host let them rest for few minutes, “Do you want to know about them?” he says. Then audience screams YES. They introduced themselves one by one, the viewers giggled even more when Kim and Zee introduced themselves.

“Is Zee already taken?” the emcee asked.

She slips the microphone out of the stand, “I’m proud to say…YES” Zee answered and glanced Beam beside the stereo. Some were frustrated but some admired her. “How about Kim?” the emcee asked and Zee gave the microphone to her. “Yeah. I’m already taken.” She answered. The crowd was waiting for her to say something about the girl. “Is she here right now?” the emcee asked. Kim knows where to find Pie, she was sitting beside Jane and Pei in food tent with other students.

“I won’t tell where she is,” she says. The crowd begs, “Protecting her is my first priority.” Kim continued. The crowd respect her privacy and admired her for protecting her girlfriend. The emcee changed the topic and ask some questions related to their band and school. “She really loves you.” Jane leans over to Pie. She just laugh and nods her head. “And I love her too.”

Later, the band played their final four songs for the evening and give way to other local bands to entertain the crowd. Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. She looks so perfect by 5 Seconds of summer. Classic by MKTO. Counting stars by One Republic. The renditions of the songs were perfectly. From the drums to guitars to vocalist, it was the full package of new band in town.

Lately I’ve been, I’ve been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby I’ve been, I’ve been praying hard

Sitting, no more counting dollars

We’ll be counting stars, yeah

We’ll be counting stars

The crowd is on their feet, jumping, raising their hands, dancing, or singing along with them. They were tired but managed to perform well in front of them. Kim sings like a professional vocalist, Mike’s at the drums perfect combination with the base and rhythm guitar with Zee and the other member. A shiver ran through Pie and somehow she knew Kim was looking at her while singing.

I…feel something so right, doing the wrong thing

I…feel something so wrong, doing the right thing

I could lie, could lie, could lie

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

It was one of the good lines in the song, Pie could relate with it. There’s no right and wrong in love, Pie loves her even if loving the same is wrong to the eyes of others. She has the courage to love the girl in her dreams. The song ends but some audiences want more. They saw their local band on the other side, the vocalist is also a girl. She was cute and very charming. They want some collaboration with Kim’s band. The vocalist steps in the stage and talk with Kim, the audience starts screaming again. The band members agreed to the song they picked. Zee starts to strum the guitar and then followed by the drums.

Kim:  Said all I want from you, Is to see you tomorrow

And every tomorrow maybe you’ll let me borrow, your heart

And is it too much to ask for every Sunday?

And while we’re at it throw in every other day to start

Girl: I know people make promises all the time

Then they turn right around and break them

When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you’re bleeding

But I could be that girl to heal it over time

And won’t stop until you believe it

Cause baby you’re worth it

Both: So don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with me

Cause you might around and find your dreams come true with me

Spend all your time and your money just to find out my love was free

:So don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with me, me

Kim : it’s not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me

Their collaboration is amazing. They sing “Not a bad thing” by Justin Timberlake. After their collaboration, the girl praised Kim for a good collaboration and looking forward to do another in the future. The band bows and exits, Beam congratulates them for good performance tonight. Everyone is happy as for their reward, Beam lets them go whenever they want but early as four in the morning, they should be in the meeting place before going back to Bangkok.

“Pie!” Kim calls, pulling her for a quick hug.

“I brought some shirt.” She said and handed over the white shirt. Another couple shirt. Kim immediately changed her shirt in a small dressing room. They looked perfect together, Beam suggest to have pictures. Pie together with the band, with Zee, with Beam, and with her love, KIM.

“Guys! I need to go now! Someone’s waiting for me outside.” Mike says. “Looks like our drummer here have a girlfriend.” Zee teased. “I’ll see you later!” he says and tickles Zee. Beam and Zee decide to tour the place together while Kim and Pie spend time together with friends.

The street is too crowded, some girls want to have picture with Kim while they were eating barbeques and drinking light beers. She let them but grabs Pie’s hand, “Can I borrow Pie? I want some fresh air and get away from here.” Kim says. The group nods at her and helped them to get away from the crowd.

“Here,” Kim said and sat beside Pie. They were watching the crowd not far from them, they were both wearing baseball caps. They were like kids eating their lollipops. Teased and laugh each other like crazy. Kim was so much fun to be with. Their spot is the blind spot side of the crowd, “Sorry for what I’ve said up there.” Kim said and glanced at her. Pie just shook her head and drew her closer to her to kiss Kim. Pie’s actions seems unpredictable, the heat of the kiss spread like virus through her body. Kim pulled away, wrapped her arms around Pie, and let her head rested to Kim’s chest. “We need to cool here Pie. I don’t want to destroy your relationship with your mom.”

“I know what you mean Kim. I’m sure about what I feel for you. Soon, I will tell mom about us. I just need time, for us to be free and out as a couple.” Pie answered. They squeezed each other not knowing that someone in the dark watching them.

The dark tall man disappeared in the dark. It was past nine in the evening when Kim and Pie decide to go back when they saw Miss Ces sitting alone in the bench holding her chest. Pie rushed to check her, “Are you okay Miss Ces?” Pie asked. Kim immediately calls Beam to meet them in the parking lot. “Got a problem. Hurry Up!” Kim said and hangs up.

Miss Ces’s face is pale and she’s struggling to breathe, seconds later she passed out. “Kim!” Pie yells. “She passed out. Where’s your car? We need to get her to the nearest hospital.”

“I’ll get it!” Zee shouts from behind. “What happened?” Beam asked. They were in panic mode. “I think she just have an heart attack,” Pie answers and perform the pumping Miss Ces’s chest. Pie was medical volunteer in the university, she knows what to do if someone passed out and someone who just have an heart attack. She pumps 30 times and do the CPR, “She’s here!” Kim says. Kim, Zee and Pie helped each other to carry Miss Ces to the car.

Then Pie received a text from unknown number, some of their colleagues passed out due to a crowded area. They assistance, Pie is one of the volunteers. ”I’ll meet you in the hospital. I need to check the other students. Some of them passed out.” Pie said. Kim kissed her forehead, “Call me, I love you.” She said and get in the car.

“Just do thirty pumps on her chest and CPR. Check her pulse time to time. Okay?” Pie instructed Beam on what to do. Beam was on the back of the driver seat doing what Pie said to her. Kim was the one driving the car while Zee tries to call the emergency hotline of the city. “The ! The signal is dead!” Zee yells. She took Beam’s purse and borrows her phone, “It’s dead!”

Kim handed her phone, “Try mine.” Kim said without taking her eyes off the road. “Thank God!” Zee replied. There was a signal, she called the hotline and told about the incident. “I got pulse! She’s breathing!” Beam yells. Zee was asking the direction of the nearest hospital when suddenly the front and back tires blew up and Kim trying to control the car but their car runs too fast and hard to manage. She tried to break but even the break snaps like a rubber. The car flipped over like paper on the road. They were in the bridge.

“Don’t…leave…” she struggles to speak. She was trying to let go of her legs, screaming in pain, exerting all of her efforts and suddenly her mother wakes up. Kim recalls the moment when they were trapped inside the car. She opened her eyes and saw everyone unconscious, Beam and Miss Ces on the floor. They didn’t use the seatbelts while Zee is on the hanged same with hers because of the seatbelts. There’s a blood dripping coming from her head.

She panicked. She was shaking. The past became her present. Everything is happening as if it was just yesterday. She tried to breathe calm, try to control herself and stay focused. Her left foot stuck on the gas pedal, she can’t move freely the same in her past. When she looked at Zee, she remembered her brother they both not moving. Kim shoved him, yelling at her to wake up but no response.

She yells Beam’s name, “Beam wake up!” but didn’t respond. Kim saw a bottle of water on the floor, she opened and threw to her face. Beam suddenly opens her eyes when she felt the water splashed on her face. “Kim…” her rough voice said. She gazes to Zee, “Zee…we need..we-” she was panicking too.

“I need you to get Miss Ces out of the car…now. The car will blow up. I can smell the gas.” Kim demanded. Beam tried to oppose but she was right, she needs to get Miss Ces out of the car first and get back to Zee.

The time is ticking, they need to get out from the car. Kim took the pocketknife attached with the car keys. She cuts her seatbelt and scoot to Zee’s. Beam drag Miss Ces in the safe area and runs back to get them when she saw there’s a small fire starts in the back of the car. “Kim! The car! There’s a fire!” Beam yells. She could hear her, “Beam! Get Zee out of the car…Help me!” she replied.

Pie run towards Jane and Pei, “Where’s the students?” She asked. They frowned, “What students?” they asked. Pie showed the text message, “Where are they?” she asked again. “There’s no report about that here Pie. Everyone is having a good party here. Where’s Kim?” Jane asked.

“They went to the hospital. Miss Ces just have a heart attack.” She replied. She remembered Kim, “Shoot! I have to call her.”

“Zee, wake up please!” Kim begged while slicing the seatbelt. The fire starts to crawl from the ground, Beam tries to open the wrecked door, but it was stuck. “Kim I can’t open it…” she yelled. She was crying, trembling, “Talk to Zee Beam…talk to her.” Kim demand. She pulled out her foot to free herself, even its painful she forced it.

“Babe! Open your eyes please!” Beam yells. Kim freed herself and immediately lay down in front of Zee, she was kicking the glass of the door until it broke. She pulled the seatbelt, “Dammit!” Kim yelled.

Her phone rings, Pie’s name flashed on the screen. “Pie,” Kim said and grabbed it. She gave it Beam, “Tell her what happened! Now!” she said. It’s getting hot inside the car, few minutes it will blew up and they will be toasted like chicken.

“We’re in the road! Hurry! Call an ambulance!” Beam says. “What?! Where?! Where’s Kim?!” Pie asked, her voice is shaky. “They’re in the car, Zee was stuck and Kim was trying to pull her out. There’s a fire! I don’t know what to do, Pie call ambulance! Now!” Beam said and the phone turned off. The battery is dead.

Kim grabbed a scarf from the ground and tied it in Zee’s head. There’s a cut and need to stop it from bleeding. “Wake up! Please Zee! Open your eyes for me!” Kim begged. She still pulling the seatbelt, “If you don’t wake up here! I’ll kiss Beam and I will take her away from you! Open your damn eyes!” Kim yelled at the top of her lungs while pulling the seatbelt. The belt snaps into two and frees Zee, “Pull her out Beam! Now!” Kim yells.

Beam leans over to drag Zee out from the car, while left inside. She was exhausted , the fire crawls in front of her and unable to get out from there. Beam took Zee in beside Miss Ces, she look back at Kim trapped inside the car. “Kim! Go out from the other side!” Beam screamed. She’s in panicked mode, she kicked the another window but it won’t break.

Pie and other students’ run towards to the street to find cab when they heard an explosion on the other side. “KIM!!!” Beam screamed. The fire is all over the car. No one can survive that explosion.

Pie suddenly felt something in her heart. “Kim” she said. A cab suddenly stopped in front of them and they get in. They went to the incident area, police are everywhere, ambulances, and the car burning.

“Are you sure your friend is in the car?” the police asked Beam. Her injuries are still untreated, Zee was rushed in the hospital because of her head injury with Miss Ces. “Yes, Kim was left inside the car. She was trapped…” Beam replied. Pie rushes to her and asks Kim, she look again in the car. It was burning, no signs of Kim. “Where’s Kim?” she asked. She wanted to go near in the car, “Kim!!” Pie screamed. The police stopped her from coming forward to the car. “Where’s Kim!” she screams. Pei and Jane hug her, “Pie…” Jane said. She patted her back and trying to keep her calm.

“Please don’t take Kim away from me!” Pie screams.

Yam and the other students arrived in the area, crying for what happened. They were worried about Kim. The police scattered while the firefighters tries to kill the fire. “She’s here!” someone screamed.

The police runs, Mike carried Kim at the back. “She’s bleeding.” He said. The medics rushed towards him and carry Kim with the stretcher. Pie rushed to Kim, she was unconscious. They took her to the hospital.

“How did you find Kim?” the police asked. They were all in the hospital when they asked them about the incident. “When I heard with an explosion, I checked it out. I was with a friend near the parking lot.” Mike said. “When I arrived in the area, police are everywhere. It was Zee’s car burning there. I even asked an officer, his name is Paul Khritan. I’ve told him that I’m willing to help them. He let me.”

He looked at the officer, “I looked under the bridge. I called the officer to flash the light to it. It was so dark, and when I try to go down to the other side. I saw Kim lying, unconscious. I called that time the police for help.“

The cause of the accident is the tires might be overheated according to the police investigators. The friction might be the reason why the tires blew up. It was so blur investigation.

“I see, she’s alive.” Van said on the phone. He was drinking his favorite liquor while staring at the television. The incident is already on the tv, “Anyways, good job. I like to see Mr. Buraphan suffered bit by bit.”

“I want him to suffer.” The caller said.

“There are many ways to kill a chicken, we can try to kill them some other time. For now, let’s celebrate even if we didn’t succeed in our plan.”Van said and hung up.

“Even you hide in hell to save your life Kim, I’m going to follow you.”