Amber

Impossible Loves

Amber stood in a phone booth located by every dorm.  They were black, matching the students uniforms, and big enough to hold three people.  She waited for another girl in there to finish her phone call before beginning to dialing a number.

She passed a certain blonde girl on her way to it.  They locked eyes for a moment, but continued walking.

The girl in front of her finally got off the phone passing it to Amber and leaving the phone booth. Amber was finally alone for what seemed like the first time since coming back to school.

“Hello?” A soft voice answered over the phone.

“Mom? It’s Amber.”

“Amber, sweetie! How is school? Make any new friends? Are you eating well? Are you studying hard?”

“Good. Yes, yes, and yes.”

“That’s good. Why are you calling so soon, sweetie? Not that I’m complaining.”

“Why didn’t you tell me she was coming here?” Amber asked cutting to the chase.

“Who?” Her mother paused. “Oh.”

“Mom, what’s going on?”

“Amber, your father and I thought maybe you should give her family another chance…. We may have told her parents about what school you’re attending and that maybe, just maybe, they should apply her there.”

“Oh my god, mom. I told you I wasn’t into this business crap!”

“We’re just looking after you! Amber, just do us this little tiny favor and try to get to know her.”

“I’ve tried. We have nothing in common.”

“You two were young then. Please, Amber, please.” Her mom begged.

“Fine. For you.”

Her mom giggled on the other side, “Thank you honey! So, has she gotten prettier? The last time I saw her was that one time when we were at the-”

“I have no go now. Bye Mom.” She hung up.

Amber ran her fingers in frustration, pacing back and forth inside of the empty phone booth. Amber was beyond stressed and she had no idea how to deal with it.  The whole Luna situation was an emotional rollercoaster that popped out of nowhere.

Luna was her friend and she felt destroyed (even more so after her argument with Sulli).  Luna is still her friend, and her friend is suffering and Amber didn’t know what to do. 

Not only was that stressing her out, but the girl she hasn’t seen since last year is back in the picture. 

From a young age Amber had known her uality and even expressed it openly with her parents.  They were a little doubtful about it since Amber had expressed it at such a young age.  They thought it was a phase. Though, the phase never ended and they had come to terms with it excepting their youngest daughter.

Her parents introduced the girl to her at age eleven.  It started out innocent, the girls talking and playing in Amber’s backyard. Always bickering over something. Amber, a spoiled, brattish child, got annoyed quick with the girl’s bubbly personality and out-spoken voice.

Their relationship changed when Amber overheard Amber’s mother and sister talking about marriage, and how it will benefit them if Amber got married to the girl.  Amber was shocked, locking herself in her room in rebelling, and even slipped a paper under her door telling her parents how she didn’t want to inherit her father’s company.

She wanted to make music.

She knew seeing the girl again was a reminder for Amber’s parent’s plan after she graduates high school.

Amber finally walked out of the phone booth some minutes later to check on her roommates.  As she walked to her dorm she noticed Luna walking out of the double doors looking a lot better than last night.

“Luna!” Amber called speed-walking towards her roommate.

“Hi.” Luna said, her voice sounding very raucous.  Amber cringed at the tone feeling guilty once again.

“Where’s Richie?”

“She went to the bathroom.  I had to sneak out, that girl wouldn’t let me out of her sight.”

Guilt showed prominently on Amber’s face.  Luna stepped forward grabbing Amber’s face.

“I know what you’re feeling, and just stop okay? It wasn’t your fault. Look at me,” Luna said with a smile, releasing her hands from Amber’s cheeks. “I’m fine. Sulli, my knight in shining armor, saved me.”

“I’m s-sorry. I’m sorry, I couldn’t s-save y-you.” Amber voice shook trying to hold in her sobs.

Luna pulled Amber into a hug. Her small but strong arms embracing Amber with all her might. “It’s my own fault. I wasn’t in the right mind set. I should be the one apologizing.”

Amber sniffed nodding her head.  She broke away from their hug with a joke, “I don’t want you to throw up on me.”

“You are unbelievable.” Luna rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe I liked you.”

“So, you did like me.”

“Oh please.”

“You just said it!”

“Keep pushing it Am, and by the end of the day I’ll hate you.”

“You’re beautiful.”

“Ugh, impossible.”

Amber wrapped her arm around Luna, leading her towards the lunchroom. “I’ll make it up to you by buying you anything you want.”

Luna flashed Amber a million dollar smile.  Amber smiled back rustling her roommates blue hair.

“That color looks awful.” Amber commented on Luna’s hair.

“You ruined it, I hate you again.” Luna elbowed Amber. Amber flinched but laughed. “Your hair doesn’t look so good either.”

“You sound like a frog.”

“Amber! You’re pushing it.”

“Sorry….. You and Sulli, huh?” Amber teased and saw a small blush form on Luna’s cheeks. Luna didn’t answer; Amber continued her teasing, “I think she likes you too.”

“H-hey, what about you and Soojung?”

“Nah, our kiss was just… in the heat of the moment.”

Luna nodded, “You guys hid the kiss well.”

“I did. Not so much Soojung.”

“What do you mean?”

“She told Victoria. It doesn’t matter anyways…”

They arrived at the lunchroom and Luna ordered a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich and water-bottle. Amber paid and they sat at an empty table in the slightly crowded lunchroom.

“Why doesn’t your relationship with Soojung matter?” Luna continued taking a bite of her sandwich.

“It’s complicated.”

“That’s all I get?”

“Yep, you’ll find out eventually.”

Luna chugged her water bottle.  Amber raised her eyebrow, “Thirsty?”

“I was, thanks.”

“No problem. I hope you’re feeling better.”

“I am.”

“Everything is going to be fine?” Luna statement came out more like a question.

“Of course.” Amber reassured.

Somehow the words seemed just as confused as Luna’s statement.  She wanted everything to be fine, but nothing is set in stone.  Luna’s hopeful eyes didn’t comfort Amber. 

She was glad that at the end of the day, they became friends.  Luna has so many qualities that made her a great friend. Amber knew school isn’t always easy but when you’re surrounded by your friends it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Amber had one last question to ask her roommate in a hushed tone, “How did you manage to sneak in vodka?”

“You can get away with anything when you’re rich.”


A/N: Sorry about the very very late update, I was held up at work, but I have this weekend off and plan on writing the next chapter tonight or tomorrow! Thanks to all the subs! You are are the reason why I continue writing. :) P.S. I've been writing some one shots for my friends and plan on posting them soon!