Victoria

Impossible Loves

Victoria sat on a wooden bench, kicking small pebbles, outside her dorm.  The weather was nice. She wanted to soak this sudden warmth in. She knew it wouldn’t last long.

The leaves were changing colors and falling off trees.  Birds migrated to the south seeking warmth. 

Bugs disappearing. Victoria thought with a wicked smile.

“Victoria!” Her friend called from across the campus.

“Krystal!” She waved.  The blonde jogged over to Victoria, resting her hands on Victoria’s knee’s catching her breath.

“I. Totally. Forgot. Sorry.”

Victoria snickered, “It’s alright. Where were you?”

Krystal blushed hiding her face behind her hair, “Junior dorm.”

“What? Never mind, I won’t press it.”

“No. You can… If you want.” Krystal stammered sitting next to Victoria. “You can call me Soojung. Krystal feels a little fake.”

“Okay, Soojung, why were you in the Junior dorm?” Victoria was genuinely interested.  When she had last spoken to the sophomore, she was all riled up about the cafeteria incident.

“I kissed Amber.” She squeaked.

Victoria laughed in disbelief, clenching her hand over .

“It’s not that big of a deal.” Soojung pouted.

“That’s a huge deal.” Victoria managed to say. “Spill!”

“We have music together and we both apologized to each other. Oh, and she drew this really silly picture of me and made up some stupid story about “the system” then she told me to stay away from other people besides Luna, You, and her… Long story short, we totally made out in her bedroom.”

“What stopped you?” Victoria teased softly jabbing Soojung’s arm with her elbow. “Don’t say it was because of me.”

“Luna.”

“Huh, what?”

“Luna stopped us.”

Victoria’s laughter returned, this time she didn’t force herself to calm down.  She was enjoying every second of this story.  She liked the feeling of laughing with her friend outside, than laughing at something on the computer alone.

“She caught you two making out?”

“Technically no, she just knocked on the door mid-way.”

“Let me guess, Luna blew up?”

“Kind of. She practically yelled at me in Korean.”

“Oh my god, Soojung, you are so dense.”

“How am I dense?”

“It’s obvious she likes Amber, everyone knows it.” Victoria acknowledged crossing one leg over the other.

“No way.” Soojung protested.

“Duh.” Victoria scoffed.  Victoria wasn’t stupid.  She noticed all the little things Luna did to try to get Amber’s attention.  She was educated in Luna’s behavior, since she had one or two classes with her before. She knew Luna didn’t treat the other students like she did with Amber. Sure, she was sometimes a jerk towards the girl, but she never cause too much trouble with her.

Victoria always envied Luna for that reason. She envied how Luna always tried her best to show the person she had a crush on, how hard she would work to get her attention. Even if it was for a second.

Victoria would chat occasionally with her crushes, but they usually disappeared like the bugs during fall.

 “I am dense! How could I be so dense?”

“Don’t worry about it. It’ll only cause you stress. Besides you’re still young, you’re allowed to be a little naïve. But can I give you a little bit of advice?”

“Go for it.”

“Don’t fall for Amber. In fact, I think you should stop this whole romantic thing you two got going on.”

“What? Why?”

“I know I’m your friend, but, I’m Luna’s friend too.  She’s a really good girl, and she’s been trying so hard to get Amber to even look at her.  So, I can imagine how distort she was when she found you in their room.” Victoria paused, “What I’m trying to say is that you should give Luna a chance.”

“That sounds hard.” Soojung whined.

“Not really. Anyways, you still up for ice cream? It might cheer you up.”

“I’d rather sit in my room and pity myself. Sorry Vic.”

“Don’t be so down in the dumps.” Victoria tried to cheer up.  Soojung looked at Victoria with a sad smile.

“Thanks for talking to me. I may have exploded if I kept that in any longer.”

“So, is that a yes to ice cream?” Soojung nodded.  “Stay here. I’ll go grab it.”

Victoria left her friend at the bench.  She felt a little guilty telling Soojung to stay away from Amber.  She’s heard that Amber has a reputation around this school, and it wasn’t a good one.  She was pleased to hear that Luna and Amber were roommates. Maybe then Luna will be able to keep Amber on a tight leash.

Victoria walked up to a concessions stand in the cafeteria and ordered two ice creams. Students can work here part-time, most of the proceeds going toward their college tuitions. Not many students apply because their parents were rich enough to pay for their college’s tuitions, but the students who got accepted into the school by chance, jump at the opportunity to work here.

Victoria paid and got her ice creams.  She began eating hers on her way to the bench. As she approached it she noticed Soojung standing and talking to Sulli.  She felt bad for only buying ice creams, for Soojung and herself.

She greeted Sulli, handing Soojung an ice cream. “If I had known that we were going to bump into you I would’ve bought three.”

“Hi Victoria. That’s okay, I was heading down that way for some soda.”

“I’ll go now. Will you guys still be here in five minutes?”

“Mmhm.” Victoria hummed her ice cream. Sulli nodded leaving the two of them alone again.

“Thanks for the ice cream. I do feel a little better.” Soojung chuckled. “You probably think I’m a freak.”

“No. You’re just a little weird.” Victoria replied.

“Amber called me the same exact thing.”

“I don’t want to know what you two call each other.”

“ert.” Soojung joked. They giggled.

“How did you know?” Soojung asked.

“Know what?”

“That mango was my favorite.”

“I don’t know. It looked good?”

“Oh.”

“I can’t believe you made out with Amber.”

“Shut up.”

“If anyone I thought Sulli would be the one to do it.”

“Same here. I also thought you and Sulli were going to hook up.”

“No. No. No. That would never happen.”

“Whatever helps you sleep better at night,” Soojung sang.

“I can’t do that. Sulli is sophomore. I’m way too old for her.”

“So, you’ve thought about it?”

“Thought about what?” Sulli interjected sipping out of a huge soda cup.

Victoria blushed, “Nothing!”

Soojung laughed and Sulli looked confused.

“I am feeling so much better. That ice cream was very delicious, thanks.”

“Erm,” Victoria mumbled still feeling a bit awkward. “No problem, Soojung.”

“Sulli and I have homework to do. We’ll catch up with you tomorrow?” Soojung said wrapping her arm around Sulli’s.

Victoria nodded, “See you two tomorrow.”

Victoria turned her heels and walked towards her dorm, but she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder and a breath against her ear.

“Have you thought about us?”


A.N. Yup our little Vic~ Sultoria is one of my favorite ships but i don't knooow~ Anything could happen! See you guys soon!