Victoria

Impossible Loves

“You’re hungry?”

“Duh.”

“You can’t leave this building looking like… that!” The blonde blushed gesturing at Victoria’s pajamas. “You’ll get in trouble! You’ll get expelled!”

Victoria stared down at her pajamas.  Of course, she didn’t see anything wrong with it. Compared to some of the outfits in this school she had seen around the school these past couple months this was nothing.

“And-and, it’s cold outside!” Soojung justified.

“Are you insane?” Victoria chuckled shuffling towards her closet. She has never seen Soojung so flustered. She without a doubt wasn’t going to miss this opportunity to mess with the sophomore.

“No.”

“Soojung, don’t look at me while I change or I’ll tell everyone you’re a raging lesbian.” Victoria smirked yakking her beige sweater and black skirt from their designated hanger.

“Sheesh, Vic, you really are something.”

“And by ‘something’, do you mean perfect.”

“Are you really my senior?”

“Rude.”

The room fell silent. Victoria, not having a thing for silence, interrupted it with sarcasm, “What person in their right mind would regret making out in a dorm room? With the door shut and locked. I think it’s pretty romantic.”

“I regret… not saving my first kiss for the one.” Soojung laid back against the bed covering her face almost bursting out of laughter from the cheesiness.

“Things like that are so childish.” Victoria joked stepping into her skirt.

“No they’re not.”

“Uh, yeah they are.”

“Like so not.”

“Hate to break it to you, babe, but it’s true.”

“Coming from someone who hasn’t even had their first kiss.” Soojung muttered.

“Says who!” Victoria croaked holding her chest for support.

“Says everyone.”

“Do you believe everything you hear?”

“No, but, I have a feeling this rumor is true.”

“It’s not true alright?” Victoria sighed. “I’ve kissed plenty of people.” She didn’t know why she needed to explain herself when she has done nothing wrong. “In fact, I’m pretty infamous in my home town.”

“I can’t tell whether you are using sarcasm or…” Soojung trailed off.

Victoria made her way to the bed, plopping down next to the blonde. “Let me tell you a story okay?”

“Kay?”

“I was in my Sophmore year when I had my first kiss. It was with a sweet kid who lived in my neighborhood back home named Zhoumi. I went back home for Christmas and met him through mutual friends. He and I clicked, almost as though we had been friends since birth.

He would follow me around everywhere, not that I minded. He was a good escape from this school. At one point he even met my dad.” Victoria chuckled at the memory of her father being completely unimpressed by her lanky friend. “He was amazing. We kissed under the mistletoe on Christmas Eve. The kiss was….. fine. Nothing iconic, but special enough to be engraved into my mind.”

Victoria hid her face in her hands barley making out coherent sentences as she came to the most embarrassing part of the story. “The reason why it’s engraved into my mind now… is because when we kissed I was wearing an extra black school blazer… with pockets… that I keep at my house just in case something happened to the one back at school. He had slipped something into my pocket that night.”

Soojung gasped, “What was it?”

Victoria uncovered her tomato red face and looked the blonde straight in the eyes. “Weed.”

“WEED?” Soojung half-shouted.

“Yeah…” Victoria giggled biting the bottom of her lip. “I didn’t know what he had done until I was in my junior year. I had accidentally lost my favorite blazer in the girls locker room, so my dad sent me the one I left hanging in my closet back home.

When I had opened the box I was relived beyond compare, the first thing I did was put it on. The second was to model in it, and in the middle of my session in the bathroom, I had put my hands in my pocket. Next thing you know I was pulling out a baggy of ganja with a little note attached reading ‘I don’t know how you do all those things sober. Try loosening up sometime.’ and he was right.”

Victoria sighed, “I was the junior class president last year listening to spac-“

“Oh my god!” Soojung interrupted. “Don’t tell me you’re the one who painted that mural that Sulli’s obsessed with.”

“I didn’t paint it, cause I was really lit, but my roommate at the time was looking after me. She listened to every weird thing I had to say and laughed. At one point I started talking about space and that actually got her attention.

She was super gifted in the art department. You could give her the ugliest crayon in the box and she would make breathtaking art out of it. She wasn't the president of the art club for no reason.

The day after my crazy drug fiasco, I was still coming down from my high she approached me in the hallway talking about this huge project she had discussed with her team. A big space mural to commemorate the student council for their hard work. She pulled me into a big hug thanking me for being her muse and went on with her day. “

The younger girl laughed, “That has to be the best story I have ever heard.”

“It's 100% true too. I've had a few boyfriends since then, but if it wasn't for the mural I don't know where I would be. It can be interpreted in many ways depending on who you are and how you think.” Victoria took a deep breath, pushing herself to her feet. She stood tall in front of her charmed classmate. “To me that mural reminds me to remember that they're are many things yet to be discovered outside of our planet, but that shouldn't stop you from discovering yourself.”

“Deep.” Soojung replied nodding her head.

A familiar rumble echoed inside the walls, “Ah, you made me talk to much. I'm starving.”

The senior lent the blonde a hand, helping her to her feet. They walked silently side by side, feet synchronized with every step, and arms occasionally bumping against one another. The wind had subsided to a gentle winter breeze making the journey to the cafeteria an insouciant one.


A/N: YES I HAVE UPDATED!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm sorry if it seems a little short compared to some of my earlier chapters. I promise to make the next one longer and better!!

Oh and on a serious ((kind of hehe)) note, thank you so much for supporting this story and I honestly thank you!! Your reviews/upvotes/subs mean the world to me thank you thank you thank you!!!