Soojung

Impossible Loves

Soojung cursed underneath her breath. The snowflakes kissed her pink cheeks, and the wind blew her skirt in every direction.  Her shoelaces danced with every gust that come her way.

She considered whether or not to return to the library and say goodbye to Mrs. Stein.  She knew Mrs. Stein would notice and question her about it later.

She looked back at the building before opting against it letting her feet guide her anywhere but here.

And there was one place that came to mind. Senior dorm F, room 12, second floor.

Her footsteps were weak and shaky. She caught herself from tripping over the slushed pathway multiple times until she reached her destination. Her heart was racing and her head was reeling.  Her body sought warm from the lack of layers; her head sought comfort from her thoughts.

“Soojung?” Victoria asked upon opening the door.

“Can I come inside?”

“Yeah, yeah, of course.” Victoria moved to let the younger girl in. “Sorry, my door was only shut because I was changing.”

She pointed at the pajama’s that seemed to be a size too small.  Soojung gulped, clearing her suddenly dry throat.  She caught herself staring for longer than usual, and mentally scolded herself.  She was not here to check out her best friend.

Once she took a step inside of the room, it went as silent as a mouse. She didn’t know how to explain her feelings to Victoria without seeming like a crazy person. “Vic, they’re hiding something with us I swear!” Soojung yelled.

“W-who?” Victoria pondered, still standing by the door.

“Who do you think?” Soojung spit crossing her arms. “Sulli, Amber, Luna… Everyone.”

Soojung told Victoria about everything leading up to the library situation.  How she had tried multiple times to get any kind of information regarding Seulgi’s engagement out of her.  How she tried to talk Seulgi out of getting married.

Not only did she talk to Seulgi about it, but she had talked about it with Sulli and Luna.  They both were useless knowing just as little as Soojung. 

She explained how awkward it was to be in the same room as Amber since the whole “kissy-feely” situation.  She talked about how Seulgi seemed to fit right in with Luna, Sulli, and Amber, better than her.

“I see…” Victoria nodded walking towards Soojung taking a hold of arms rubbing them up and down.  Soojung sighed looking away from the senior, but her hands were so warm compared to her cold skin.

“Wow, you’re colder than an ice cube.”

“I don’t know why they keep secrets from us,” Soojung began to sob. “We’ve been nothing but truthful to them.”

“Hey…” Victoria comforted pulling her towards the bed.  They both sat side by side, Soojung’s head hanging low, hiding the tears the rolled down her face. Soojung felt Victoria’s gentle hand lifting her chin up.

Victoria’s eyes connected with hers, “I know something you don’t, but I’ll only tell you if you stop crying.”

The sobs faded away to quiet sniffs and occasionally whimpers. Soojung bit her lip in anticipation, stopping before it began to bleed from the amount of pressure. 

“Soojung… Seulgi fiancé is Amber.”

“You’re lying!” Soojung shouted yanking Victoria’s hands off her body. She jump off the bed pointing her finger at the senior. “You’re lying!” She repeated.

“What if I’m not, Soojung? What if everything that is spilling out of my mouth is the truth? Would it be so bad?” Victoria sputtered pounding her fist on the bed in frustration. “You can be so goddamn stubborn sometimes.”

Soojung pulled at her hair relieving her own pent up anger. Victoria was right.  She is stubborn.

Where would she be if she wasn’t?

No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t come up with a justifiable answer.

“Why can’t you be happy for them?”

The blonde froze. 

“Why are you so damn observant?” Soojung questioned under her breath.

Victoria flashed a wry smile, “Call it best friend intuition.”  She held her hand out, “Come here. Let’s talk about it.”

Soojung sighed taking Victoria’s hand taking a seat beside her once again.

“I can’t help it… but I’m jealous.”  Soojung admitted. “Seulgi always had it easy you know?  Her parents would go to the moon and back for her… Mine shooed me out of the house once I hit middle school.  Hell, her parents even found her a fiancé.”

“I would take advantage of every chance I had to be ahead of her. I kissed a boy before her, I had a boyfriend before her, and I even had before her.  I guess it wasn’t worth it, because she had a fiancé the whole time… she had always been ahead of me.”

“I have a feeling you beat her at something.” Victoria smirked looking down at their intertwined fingers.

“Yeah. I beat her at making poor life choices.”

“No, not that.”  Victoria chuckled. “I have a feeling you kissed Amber before she did.”

Soojung rolled her eyes, elbowing the senior, “I wouldn’t call that an accomplishment. I bet half the girls at the school experienced the same pair of lips I did.”

“Was it worth it? You know, going through all that trouble.”

Soojung shook her head feeling better already. “I regret it of course, but there is no going back now.”

“What do you regret the most?”

“I regret ever kissing Amber.” She snickered.

“We all do.” Victoria quipped.

“You kissed Amber too? Wow, what a .”

“I’m kidding!” Victoria teased. “Back to the topic, what’s your biggest regret besides kissing the infamous pair of lips.”

“I really do regret kissing Amber…” Soojung frowned. “I kissed someone’s fiancé, and not just any someone’s fiancé but Kang Seulgi’s fiancé. If I would’ve known I wouldn’t have kissed her… I feel like I betrayed her in some way…”

“It’s okay, Soojung,” Victoria cooed pushing a loose strand of hair behind Soojung’s ear.  Soojung held her breath, flustered at the innocent gesture beyond compare. “We’ve all done things we’re not proud of. It’s the lessons that we learn from our mistakes who make us who we are.”

“Heh,” Soojung nodded. “Never thought it that way.”

The girls sat in silence collecting their thoughts, for some time.  Soojung felt immature for running out of the library how she did, but if she didn’t she may have broken down and caused an uproar with her friends.

In the end she realized it has always been Victoria’s pink comforter and too small pajama’s. Victoria’s dainty hands and care free smile. Victoria’s words and sympathetic eyes.

Soojung knew Victoria had always been the one to ease her anxieties.  

“Thank you.” Soojung said squeezing the senior’s hand.

“Don’t mention it.”

“You really sounded like Luna there for a second.”

“I thought you wouldn’t notice.”

“Hey, I can be observant too.”

"All of your ing has made me hungry."


A/N: Super cheesy chapter kinda, huh? Anyways~ How was your holiday? I was surround by couples all holiday and I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous xD!

Please review, sub, and upvote! I sound desperate.... lol! BYE!