Sulli

Impossible Loves

Sulli and Soojung ran side by side underneath Sulli’s lime green umbrella.  Sulli’s arm was wrapped over Soojung’s shoulder, keeping the girl protected from the pouring rain. They had arrived safely to the senior dorm catching their breaths. Sulli shook the access water on her umbrella before closing it.  She faced Soojung, who was searching her navy blue bag for something.

“Look what I brought!” Soojung smiled pulling out her Polaroid camera.  Sulli rolled her eyes walking ahead of Soojung.  That camera reminded Sulli why Soojung was so annoying to her sometimes. 

“I hate that thing.”

“It’s not the camera’s fault you fell asleep on the plane ride here and messed up your pretty make-up.  It just happened to be there to capture the glorious moment.” Soojung giggled catching up with Sulli.

“Are you going to take pictures of me sleeping?”

“Only if you’re drooling,” Soojung joked earning a light slap from her roommate. Soojung sighed staring at her camera as they paced up the stairs, “I’ve been neglecting my camera duties lately.”

Sulli agreed.  It has been a while since she’s seen Soojung’s camera wrapped around her fingers. They reached Victoria’s dorm, inviting themselves in.  Victoria was laying on her bed big enough for a king and his extended family.  Amber’s head was resting on her lap, eating red vines beside Luna who was sitting with her legs crossed.

“You two missed the Simpsons.” Luna pouted.

Soojung snapped a picture of the three girls temporarily blinding them with the bright flash. “My eyes!” Luna yelped dramatically. Sulli and Soojung exchanged glances along with some giggles.

“Sorry, Luna.” Soojung apologized grabbing Sulli’s hand pulling her onto Victoria’s bed. 

“We honestly took our time coming here.” Sulli chuckled while Soojung watched the polaroid come out.

“So… Is no one going to explain this spontaneous slumber party?”  Sulli asked stealing a red vine.

“I just needed my friends.” Victoria expressed petting Amber’s hair. “And, I didn’t want to be left alone with Luna who was talking about noble nights, cruel temptresses, and impossible loves.”

“Pssh. You liked it.” Luna grinned.

“You know we’re always here for you, Vic.” Amber assured. Sulli and Soojung nodded in agreement.

“Thanks.”

 “Let’s gossip.” Luna clapped her hands enthusiastically. The other four girls groaned at the word “gossip”.  Everybody in this school spend more time gossiping than doing their own homework.

“Okay,” Soojung smirked. “I heard two of my friends have HUGE crushes on each other, yet both of them are too shy to tell each other how they feel.”

Sulli may have mentioned to Soojung plenty of times that she had slight feelings for Luna.  Nothing that she would fully admit to.  She wasn’t used to these kinds of feelings towards a girl, all her life she was told that love only exist between a man and a woman. She’s never considered having feelings towards a girl, especially one of her friends.

“Y-you k-know what let’s talk about something else.” Sulli suggested turning bright red glancing at Luna who hid her face in a pillow.

“Aww cute.” Soojung teased snapping a picture of the two girls.

“I swear Sulli has a stutter!” Amber exclaimed.

“She doesn’t have a stutter, stupid.” Soojung replied rolling her eyes.

“Not to sound like I don’t enjoy all of your company,” Victoria stated. “But, where are Richie? She usually tags along.”

“Seulgi too.” Sulli added. 

Sulli knew the real reason why Seulgi wasn’t invited. She didn’t eavesdrop on purpose but she heard Soojung talking to Seulgi.  She said something about how she didn’t want her best friend to marry someone she didn’t love for her parents.

“Richie left a little before Luna came knocking. Something about her boyfriend and how she forgot to call him, blah, blah, blah.” Amber explained taking another bite from her red vine.

“As for Seulgi, she’s probably, like any sane person, sleeping.” Soojung added.

“Speaking of Seulgi,” Luna grinned. “I heard she has a fiancé lingering around these halls.”

Sulli tensed, she had accidently spilled the beans to Luna.  Sulli rubbed her arms up and down trying to conceal her nervousness, “I heard that too.”

“Do you know who this mysterious fiancé is?” Victoria asked.

“Um,” Luna mumbled looking between Soojung and Sulli.   “No.”

Sulli just shrugged, “I don’t know either, what about you Soojung?”

Soojung shook her head, staring down at her legs.

Amber sighed, “Gossiping is boring if you don’t have any juicy details.”

“Hey, how about you guys fills me on things I’ve missed out on.” Victoria suggested. Sulli frowned at Victoria’s tone. It wasn’t her usual, calm and collected voice, instead it was interlaced with venom.

“Nothing really for me. Catching up with school work and classmates. Called my mom too, she’s just as pushy as I remember.” Amber stated first.

Sulli suddenly felt a pang of jealousy, realizing how long it’s been since she’s talked to her own mother. Her mother was a busy bee, working in an elementary school, and raising her younger brothers. 

“I’ve been hanging out with ol’ Mrs. Stein in the library. Have you ever been in there? It’s amazing.” Soojung smiled.

“Sulli and I have been studying for her upcoming math test. I was just on my way to see how it went when I bumped into you,” Luna added patting Victoria’s back.

“Like Luna said I’ve been studying a lot and good news,” Sulli grinned. “I passed.”

Luna crawled over to Sulli giving her a hug to congratulate her, “I knew you would pass!” Sulli blushed at the affection.

“As great as those things are… I was expecting more details or… more information.”

“Like what?”

“I’m just going to come out and say what’s on my mind.”

“Enlighten us.” Luna encouraged.

“Sulli, why were you yelling at Amber the day I introduced the two of you to Seulgi?”

The room went quiet

“Oh, I wasn’t yelling per say…” Sulli hesitantly answered. She hated being the center of attention. “I was just giving her advice.”

“What kind of advice?”

“Friendship advice. Like how she shouldn’t mess with people’s feelings.” Soojung scoffed, but Sulli continued, “We talked about it a little more after that so that we didn’t have any hard feelings against each other, because even though I met all of you at once, Amber was my first friend.  And there is no way some silly yelling is going to ruin that, right Hyung?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“See, everything is all good. Everything is fine.” Sulli reassured with a smile.  “Can you pass me a red vine?”


A/N: omg  please dont kill me xD!! Sorry for being gone for sooooooooOOO long. Thank you everyone for all the support! To be honest, I rewrote this chapter like 4 or 5 times and I'm still not quite satisfied with it. :\ oh well... i plan on another update either this weekened or monday , please stay tuned!!