Luna

Impossible Loves

 “I-I’ve b-been t-t-trying s-so hard t-to be nice a-a-and n-nobody u-u-unders-s-stands my efforts-s.”

“I’m sorry.”

“N-no, you’re not-t.” She cried, weakly hitting Luna with her knuckles.

“You’re really not the strong person I thought you were.” Luna chuckled pissing Victoria off even more.

“ you!”

“No, no, no.  you, Victoria.” She sat Victoria down on a bench in the senior locker room and searched for the first aid kit.   She smiled in delight when she found one close by and pulling out a cloth and dampening it under a shower head. She twisted the cloth extracting any extra water.

She kneeled in front of Victoria lightly pressing down on Victoria’s wound, “You could really damage your knees if you don’t be careful.”

“I hate you.” Victoria growled trying to pull off the I-don’t-need-you attitude.

“Fine, do it by yourself. Selfish,” Luna gave up standing up only to have her sleeve pulled back from the senior’s hand.

“I’m…. sorry Luna.”

“Let me help you okay. Now tell me what’s wrong.” Luna said cleaning out Victoria’s cut with a damped cloth.

“I don’t know I just kind of broke down.  I don’t know why, I was perfectly fine all day. Then I found myself in the junior dorm staring at the painting.”

“That stupid mural is cursed I swear.” Luna muttered under her breath.

“I agree.  I guess I was just upset that, I had finally felt like I belonged with a group of people and-”

“You mean an assemblage.” Luna corrected.

“What?”

“Assemblage,” Luna repeated. “A collection or gathering of things of people. ‘A wondrous assemblage of noble knights, cruel temptresses, and impossible loves.’”

Victoria sniffed absorbing Luna’s information, “That’s what we are, aren’t we.”

Luna nodded letting out an exasperated sigh.

“Nerd.” Victoria chuckled and Luna joined placing a plain band aid over both knees. “Where did you learn a word such as assemblage.”

“Books. Don’t you read?”

“Not the same books as you’re reading.”

A group of seniors filed in laughing and chatting with one another.  A girl set her stuff beside the girls and glanced over at Victoria and Luna.

“Ouch, that must’ve hurt. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, thanks.” Victoria half smiled and put her attention back on Luna. “Thank you Luna.”

Luna returned Victoria’s smile with a bigger brighter one. Victoria washed her hair and Luna borrowed a blow drier from Victoria’s classmate.

“Can you help me up to my room?”

“Of course.”

Luna was genuinely happy she helped Victoria with not only her scraps, but with her emotions.  Luna has been under some turmoil from her recent drinking binge, but the incident only made her stronger.  Especially since she had the support from Amber, Richie, and most of all Sulli.

But she didn’t realize that on the road to her recovery, her friend was going down the same path right before her eyes.  She knew what Victoria felt and was relieved that she detected it before it escalated.

She didn’t even notice how she was ignoring the senior until now.  Her focus was mainly on herself.  She knew that the only way she would get better is if she focuses on herself for a while.  She doesn’t feel guilty that she neglected some of her friends, but she wished she had seen it earlier.

Unlike Victoria, Luna had friends always surrounding her to make sure she was alright and healthy. She witnessed Victoria trying to talk to their friends, always getting shot down because their minds were on Luna.

Or at least, that’s what Luna thought.

“Can you stay with me?  I have a TV in my room, we can watch ‘The Simpsons’.” Victoria asked as the climbed up the staircase.

“That sounds great.  How about I go get the other girls too? We can have some girl bonding time.”

“Okay.”

They entered Victoria’s room. She helped Victoria put on her pajamas and settle her in bed.  This scene was all too familiar too her. She was used to this.

“I’ll be right back.”

“You can borrow my umbrella in the closet. Hurry fast. The show starts soon.”

“Yes your highness.” Luna joked bowing taking out the umbrella.  Victoria scoffed and shooed Luna out of the room.

She was glad she also had a chance to dry off in the locker room or else she would’ve caught a cold. She rushed into the junior dorm first, gathering her pajamas.  Amber watched from her bed as her friend scurried like a mouse for her things.

“Moving into Sulli’s dorm?” Amber teased.

Luna turned around with her hands on her hips, “Don’t just stand there pack your p.j.’s. too.” Amber didn’t move opting to send Luna an unconvinced raised eyebrow. “When was the last time you talked to Victoria?”

“I don’t know. A few days ago, I think.”

“Exactly, get your up Liu. We’re having a sleep over at Victoria’s.”

“Seriously? It’s Tuesday and it’s raining.”

“Seriously! Where is Richie? Whatever. Hurry or we’ll miss ‘The Simpsons’, I’ll meet you there.” Luna babbled shoving her things in a floral bag. She flung it over her shoulders, bolting out of the room.

Next stop was the sophomore dorm.  She knocked feverously on her friend’s door.  Soojung opened it and was startled by Luna’s loud voice.

“Great, you’re both still in your p.j.’s! Victoria is having a sleepover in her room and you two are invited.”

“Now?” Soojung asked.

“Yes, where is Sulli? Hurry, hurry.”

“Uh, Sulli, your girlfriend says get up we’re apparently going to a slumber party.” Soojung shouted over her shoulder.

“W-we’re not dating.” Luna blushed. Soojung looked Luna up and down skeptically.

“Sorry, your friend who’s a girl says get up.”

Luna rolled her eyes, “I’ll meet you guys there, okay! Victoria has a TV, so we’re watching ‘The Simpsons’!”

“Is Seulgi invited?” Soojung timidly asked.

“Should I invite her?”

Soojung shook her head, “N-no, it’s okay. We’ll meet you at Vic’s.”


A.N. Super short xD Heh, two updates in one night? Yep. I'm having fun playing around with the characters. Isn't it sad that I already know how I'm going to end it. Until then I want to have as much fun with them before I end it. I have so many story plots in my head and it's kinda effecting how I write this *sigh* o' well!  Also, I forgot to tell you guys that I'm going on vacation on Thursday and won't be back till Monday!!