Victoria

Impossible Loves

Victoria’s heart raced as she gasped for air.  She panted heavily holding onto her milky white bony knees.  Her arms began to shake from the icy cool rain splashing against her skin. She cursed at the gym uniforms for being so short and thin.

She used her forearm to wipe the sweat off her face, only to be replaced with rain water.  She got her breathing under control and stood up straight stretching her sore limbs.  It’s been a while since she’s ran track.  She wasn’t on the team, but could run around the field like a true track champion.

One of Victoria’s stress relievers was sports. Whether it be running, swimming, or dancing.  In fact, Victoria was an amazing dancer.  Graceful is one word that would describe her dancing.  She danced with true passion. Track was nothing to her compared to dance.

She wished she could dance forever like the ballerina she had enclosed inside her pink jewelry box.

She didn’t give up on dancing, but when she danced she thrived for perfection.  She knew there was more to life then thriving for perfection.  Life was about making mistakes and getting up, dusting your knees, and walking away.

Her clothes and hair were soaked.  Victoria knew she was going to catch a cold.  Instead of going inside for a nice hot shower, like any sane person would do, she ran to the bleachers where she left her bottled water and wrapped turkey sandwich.

She unwrapped the sandwich, trying to shield it from the rain with one of her pale hands. She took a huge bite, swaying back in forth in delight.  She took another bite swallowing the rest of the turkey sandwich whole, and held her hands out in the rain washing away the crumbs. 

She then grabbed the water bottle taking a long swig.  The action caused her to think back to the time a few days ago when she was giving her temporary roommate Seulgi a grand tour.  She was showing Seulgi where the lunch room was located and she saw a two familiar faces, one in particular chugging down her water like she had been stranded in the desert without water for days.

She still hasn’t been informed about what Sulli and Amber were discussing about Luna in the garden, nor has she asked for information.  She knew she wasn’t the only one who wasn’t informed. Soojung didn’t notice any changes from the junior either.

Soojung just told Victoria that Sulli arrived to her room super exhausted from staring at the mural, staying with Luna, and hanging out with Seulgi and I.

Victoria sensed Soojung’s jealously, even if Soojung didn’t want to admit it.  Victoria sensed that Soojung wanted her friends to herself and felt hostile while ever someone tried to barge into friendship barrier.

Vic couldn’t help but feel the same.

Seulgi had told Victoria upon their first meeting in the schools office that she had four or five friends attending this school so she wouldn’t feel very out of place.  Victoria, having been attending this school since her sophomore year, asked who they were and Seulgi said a list of names including Jung Soojung’s.

Another name was Amber’s and that struck Victoria’s curiosity as she mindlessly asked Seulgi how she knew Amber out of all people. When she had introduced Amber to Seugli later that day, Amber acted as though she had never seen Seulgi in her life. 

From what she gathered from Amber, is that she grew up in a very secluded city with her parents and sister.

Victoria questioned Seulgi asking why Amber had treated her like a stranger. Seulgi shrugged saying they, like Soojung and her, practically grew up together.

It all didn’t match up to Victoria, and she has never been more confused in her life.  Even the rain could wash away her scattered thoughts and it was annoying.  She was hoping the rain would wash away her mixed emotions.

Everything was disorganized between her friends, who, began to hang out by themselves or with other people.  Luna, Sulli, and Amber would hang out together with an occasional Richie propped in between them.  Seulgi found a group of friends from childhood and found a new suite mate.  Soojung and Victoria were close but, rather than sticking with each other, they stood in their individual rooms alone.

Victoria felt out of the loop.  She had tried to strike up a conversation with Sulli, but the younger girl’s ears, eyes, and brain was fogged with some unknown thoughts.  She tried again with Soojung and Amber without much success.

She surrendered in trying.  She had homework and school to think about.  Not some underclassmen that were holding her back because she felt lonesome. 

She wanted to go back to the first day, when they had fun without trying.  To the chilly weather, cold bodies, and fresh fall to winter air.

Victoria blinked and she was standing in front of the mural. The one she had painted with her classmates last year.  Even then she was a loner, none of her classmates understood why.  Victoria was beautiful and held many skills, she was friendly most of the time, and always tried her best. 

She blinked again and tears spilled out the corner of her eyes.  She kept all her feelings bottled up until now.  A puddle of rainwater gathered beneath her, mixing in with her escaping tears

“Victoria?” A gentle low voice whispered behind her.

Victoria didn’t bother looking back and she ran to the door back outside into the rain.  She hated being outside but she always found herself standing underneath the sky.  Her legs were jelly from the running earlier and she collapsed on the pavement.

“Ah, .” She pounded the pavement with her fists in frustration.  She cradled her knees in front of her, examining her scrapped knees.

“Watch your step next time.”  The blue haired girl said now squatting in front of Victoria examining the scraps for herself. “Damn…. You okay?”

“I can take care of myself thank you.” Victoria hissed pushing herself off the ground and promenaded, with a limp, back to her dorm.

“Victoria, stop let me help you!”

“ off. Who are you to act like we are friends when you and everyone else have been ignoring me, huh? You have no right.” Luna ignored Victoria, hooking one arm around the senior’s waist and helped the girl back to her room.  Victoria continued throwing insults Luna’s way until she was sobbing nonsense.


A/N: So much angst, I blame it on listening to Lana Del Rey on repeat. Lulu is next heh~ See you soon! (A/N 2: I miss Sulli!!! ;-;)