My Sons

Marriage Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7 My Sons

            The driver stopped in front of one of the top five star hotels in Seoul, Jang’s Hotel. The valet man ran up to open the door. TOP got out and waved for Sohee to come out the same way. Sohee was still unhappy about earlier, so she ignored him. She tried to open her side of the door, but a car drove pass and honked at her.

            “AH!” Sohee screamed and immediately shut the door, “Omo that was a close one.” Sohee’s heart pounded so loud and hard, it almost felt like it will jump out of her chest.

            “Hey Miss Sohee, are you trying to add more to your interest?” TOP, seriously yet almost jokingly, asked.

            “A-ANI!” Sohee scooted to TOP’s side of the car and got out. (Aish, this man is getting on my nerves! Using money to threaten me every chance he gets.)

            The valet man was about to close the door behind Sohee, but she got ahead of him and slammed the door as hard as she could, shocking TOP, the driver, and the valet man. After venting some of her frustrations, she let out a long sigh and entered the hotel first.

            “Ah I’m terribly sorry, she’s not in a good mood,” TOP tried to explain to the valet man.

            “Haha that’s okay. You need to comfort her soon. If you leave your girlfriend like that, it's not going to be good,” the valet man bowed to TOP and walked back to his post.

            TOP forced a smile for the valet man to see, and one of his eyes twitched. (Who in their right mind would ever date a girl like her? Unless they want to get eaten alive, go deaf, or have holes drilled into them with those death glares. I would have never gotten involved with a girl like her if it wasn’t for my complicated son.) TOP shook his head, adjusted his glasses, and entered the hotel.

 

            “Please watch your step, we are mopping the floor at the moment,” the door man said. Sohee nodded and walked toward the resting area.

            “Wah… this place is amazing. So this is the rich only people hotel huh?” Sohee gawked at the sparkling interior, the robot-like hoteliers, and the foreigners that are checking in and out, “Did I enter a different world?”

            *Cough* “Miss Sohee, are you not hungry anymore?” TOP appeared from behind and startled Sohee.

            “Y-Ya… are you some kind of ghost?” Sohee stuttered. (He seems to pop out everywhere without warning.)

            “Huh? Ghost?” TOP then recalled Sohee turning around with a scary face in the bride’s dress earlier, “Pfft… right ghost.”

            “Neo,” Sohee pointed to TOP’s face, “You’ve been laughing for a while now.”

            “Pfft…” TOP, while laughing, walked away towards the hotel’s restaurant.

            “Don’t try to ignore me you crazy–” Sohee chased after TOP with her finger still pointed at him. She didn’t pay attention and step on a wet spot on the floor and slipped. (Eek, now I’m so dead.)

            Sohee squint her eyes, prepared to make contact with the floor. Seconds passed, yet she has not hit the ground. She opened her eyes and saw a man holding onto her. One of his hands at her waist, and the other holding her hand that was pointing at TOP.

            “Are you okay miss?” the man asked, but Sohee was dazed at the sight of him. The look in his eyes was sharp, almost beast-like. TOP rushed to Sohee, and pushed the man away.

            “Excuse me, thank you for helping but please don’t keep your hands on MY future daughter-in-law,” TOP leered at the man, as he grabbed Sohee to his side.

            “Ah I’m sorry,” the man said. (Daughter-in-law? Seems like it’s something more…)

            “Tao? You suddenly disappeared,” a woman called to the man.

            “Ga In! Sorry, I saw a girl slipped and I jumped in to help,” Tao explained.

            “I see. Come, your brother must be waiting,” Ga In waved for Tao to hurry.

            “Coming!” Tao yelled and he turned to Sohee, who was still in a daze, “Miss, be more careful and look wherever you walk.” Tao winked and ran up to Ga In.

            “You have to be careful too Tao… what if people know what you are?” Ga In worried. Tao apologized to her, and they both went to the elevators.

            “That boy… w-wink?” TOP’s eye instinctively winked as he said the word, “Hoh… did he not hear what I said?” He then noticed that he’s still holding onto Sohee’s arm, so he shoved her away from him.

            “AH!” Sohee almost slip and fell again, “What was that for?! Are your eyes getting worse? I almost slipped again!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter