Sunny or Cloudy

Marriage Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15 Sunny or Cloudy

          “Unn (how long have I been sleeping?)…” Sohee turned in bed. Her feet kicked something at the edge of the bed, “hnn?” 

          Sohee used her feet to feel and rubbed up TOP's arm and to the side of his face. She then gave it a few taps with her toes to double check her unconscious curiosity. TOP's glasses were knocked out of place, leaving it hanging by one ear. Her curious toes slipped and poked TOP's eye. 

          “Nh...” TOP let out a grunt in pain as he rubbed his eyes and fell back to sleep. Sohee gasped and sat up quickly as she panted with the blankets squeezed tight in her hands.  

          "AH-" Sohee was about to let out a scream, but then she noticed an overly worn out TOP with his head on his arm sound asleep at the edge of the bed. His suit was messy, shirt not tucked in, crooked neck tie, and an unbelievably bad bed head. Sohee's heavy breathing then slowly became calm with the time she spent staring at TOP's sleeping face.  

          *thump thump* Dropping back down to earth, Sohee shook her head from the light feeling she was experiencing.  

          "Wake up Ahn Sohee," she knuckled her head. She then slowly scooted to the other side of the bed, making the least shuffling noise she could. Then she tippy-toed her way out but paused halfway to the door. Stealing another glance at TOP's appearance left her with no choice but to return the favor. Sohee grabbed the blanket from the bed and hovered over TOP to cover him with it. 

          "...this shoulder... and this shoulder," Sohee murmured to herself, as if it was a chant to help her place the blanket without waking TOP. Sohee suddenly halted as she was now inches away from TOP's sleeping face. The sculpture was amazing, dazzlingly, sharp and on point, but what caught Sohee's eyes were the thick black glasses that were hanging on his ear, "pfft..." 

          Sohee snorted as she cannot help it since it was TOP's first time looking so relatable, ordinary, and just different from his usual image. Sohee smiled brightly as she gently took TOP's glasses, folded them, and then put them on the nightstand where she noticed the bowl of water with a towel in it. The embarrassing memory of TOP's hand on her neck near her chest came rushing back. Sohee quickly covered her chest and escaped the room as fast and as quiet as she could. Rapidly shuffling her feet in tiny steps, she made her way to her room, closed the door gently behind her, and with a little twist at the knob, she locked the door. Without a moment to calm down and flushing from her cheeks to her ears, Sohee tossed herself onto the bed, planted her face into the pillow and squealed. 

          TOP was awakened as the phone alarm clock went off in his pocket. He sluggishly took out his phone and on the screen it read: 12:15 AM - Check on Sohee. TOP gazed at the bed but could make out that Sohee was not there and then squinted back at the screen. He had set an alarm on his phone to check on Sohee's condition every fifteen minutes. TOP pressed the red button for snooze, then he realized his glasses were missing. He touched the side of his face and head when he felt the blanket on his back. He pulled the blanket over his shoulder to take a closer look, and then he grinned as he recalled Sohee's smile when she was sound asleep. He then unconsciously sniffed the blanket. A second later, he noticed his inappropriate behavior and then frantically threw the blanket on the bed as if it was a bug. 

          *cough* "...what is going on with me lately (don't tell me I am being affected by this little girl?),"  TOP shook his head, dusted, and shaped out his suit. He groomed his hair back with his hands and took a deep breath as he calmed down, "...impossible."  

          TOP pinched his nose bridge and then took a looked around the room. He could make out the thick black frame of his glasses on the nightstand. He put his glasses on and checked the room with a clearer vision. Confirming that Sohee was not in his room, TOP went to check on her room. At Sohee's bedroom door, TOP slightly leaned in to see if he could hear anything. He was able to hear some muffled sound that were surely Sohee's.  

          "She seems to be okay now," filled with a sense of relief, TOP smiled on his way back to his room and closed the door. 

 

 

          Around five in the morning, Sohee woke up for she had already rested enough yesterday. When Sohee got out of bed, she felt something under her feet.  

          "Mm... what is this?" Sohee reached under her feet and picked up a shiny silver pin, "omo, this is so pretty. Is this real diamonds?" Sohee gawked at the small pin, then she remembered TOP had put something on her hair to hold up her bangs, "ah... this belongs to that old man TOP? Hmm of course he would own something like this. Omo then does that mean this is REAL diamonds?" Sohee gasped, "Hah, I'll have to return this or he will think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter