Eighteen

Marriage Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1 Eighteen

            “Happy eighteenth birthday!”

            “T-Thank you…” Sohee halfheartedly answered to her family.

            “Let’s cut the cake! Oh and you have to open your presents. We all really want to see,” said Sohee’s mother, “Hmm? Where is your grandpa?”

            “AHA-HA you can’t catch me!” Sohee’s little brother yelled as he ran across the living room, being chased by the younger cousins.

            (WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO NOISY HERE?!) “C-Can I go to my room now?” Sohee asked her mother.

            “What? You have to open your presents first, then tell us how you feel about them. Afterwards, you have to share how you feel now that you are finally eighteen, tell me when you are going to get married. Isn’t it about time you get a boyfriend? ” Sohee’s mother nagged on and on.

            *Sighs* (Why was I born into this family…?)  Sohee blamed the heavens.

 

            Every day in Sohee’s house is always noisy with many kids running around, and her mother being nosey about everything. Sohee wanted to leave one time when she was fifteen years old, but her mother told her she would not receive one penny for the rest of her life if she leaves. Sohee doesn’t have anyone else to rely on, so she picked up all her patience and decided to stay. She’s been looking for a job ever since, but no one would take her, because she’s lazy and clumsy.

            “AHHHH!” Sohee stretched in her room, “Finally all the nagging and noises are cut off. *sigh* I’m already eighteen, yet I can’t find a job. How am I supposed to get out of this hell house?”

            -Sohee’s phone rings-

            “Hi Dara…” Sohee answered the phone with a tired voice.

            “Sohee? You sound so tired. AH! Right today’s your eighteenth birthday. Happy birthday!” Dara screamed through the phone.

            “Y-Ya my ears!” Sohee rubbed her ears, “My mom was nagging me about this and that all morning, and now you are yelling in my ears.”

            “Oh sorry hehe. That’s right; you are still looking for a job right?”

            “YES! I AM!” Sohee suddenly shouted.

            “Yeow… You shouldn’t yell too…” Dara almost went deaf.

            “Ahaha sorry, tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter