Chapter 9: Home Sweet Home

One Year Later... (Sequel story of ...Can We?)

 

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

–Lao Tzu

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

As we go back to our place,

Let’s make memories once again

Not just a couple but as family as well

Memories that’ll be ours forever

Our memories about our stained past

Forget, but we can still glance at it for once

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

Two days after the proposal, Jessica decided to resign in Christian Dior and moved back to Seoul with her groom-to-be. The decision she made was tough for her since she already loved that place. But she has to face it strong since they are already planning for their upcoming wedding.

 

She called her Mom and shared the good news to them. Both of her parents are glad to hear the news. They were very happy that at last, Jessica found the right way to the loving arms of the one and only man she loves—and it’s Lee Donghae.

 

Meanwhile, Donghae called home also to share the good news. His parents are both proud coz every step that their son’s made was worth it. They are happy that Hae fought for the love and never gave up.

 

He made up his mind that when they returned home, he’ll be back to the business he once left.

 

 

On the way to the airport:

Donghae who was driving safely has an obvious trance of happiness in face though the proposal was already done. He still couldn’t believe that after all the hardships, pains and tears; the woman she loves is sitting right next to her.

 

“Hon, there’s really always a rainbow after the rain.” He said with glee as his eyes are pasted on the road.

 

“Yes. And because your perseverance is really immeasurable, the Heavenly Father granted you a gift to pay off all your tears.” Jessica added as she taking her last look to the place that healed her.

 

“Hon, did you ever regret what happened to us this past year?” he asked as he glanced to her.

 

“No. How about you, honey?” she replied and returned the question to him.

 

“Yes, all the times. Ah, why you say no?” he asked with intriguing eyes.

 

“Because it teaches us to be strong.” She answered in terse.

 

Donghae gently grabbed her hand and kissed it. She smiled as her cheeks reddened like an apple.

 

“Honey, May I know how much you love me?” she asked all of a sudden.

 

Without second thought, Donghae responds.

 

“Hon, we don’t need to explain how much we love a person. It depends on them how they appreciate the efforts that you did for them to be contented.” He said meaningfully.

 

“Ah, you’re really in love with me.” she sounded teasing.

 

Donghae laugh. “Of course, I’m so in love with you, Hon.”

 

Finally they reached the airport. They’re both feeling excited to see Seoul. They kept on chatting about anything until it’s time for their departure.

 

 

On the plane:

 

 

Donghae’s POV:

 

All I’ve done before, I regretted it all. And though I want to keep our relationship and still fight for it, I know I couldn’t return the love and trust in just a nod. And now that I fought a fairly fight, I know this was definitely my time—our time. I’ve waited so long for this time, to hold you in my arms again. And now success is in my hand now, I will not do anything to disappear again from my grasps.

 

“Hon, I love you.” Donghae whispered gently on Jessica’s ears who are taking nap.

 

She groaned and slowly tilted her head towards Donghae’s shoulder. He mildly touched her face.

 

“I still couldn’t believe that my yearning was totally over.” He thought to himself.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

My pained heart was already healed. The feeling was the same as that night that we became official. I didn’t dream of this before, that everything would end up this way, that I would end up with him. But I’m thankful that out of the billions of fish in the sea, I caught him. And Heavenly Father allow me to have such man that SURRENDER was never in his dictionary. I thought that day under the pouring rain; everything was really over between us, but she flew in Europe and followed me there without my knowing. Everyday he tried his luck that one day we will bumped into each other or just even met along the way. Our destiny really crossed at the time love was really the lacking in our lives now. And I know we go on as long as we have each other.

“I love you.” I whispered as I’m dreaming of Donghae.

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

After long hours of safe trip, they finally reached Seoul. Holding hand in hand, breathing the same air, their hearts are totally happy and contented; they are now ready to face another chapter of their life.

 

“Hon, I can conquer the world with my hand, as long as you were holding the other.” Donghae said as he s her arm around her waist.

 

“After all I your sacrifices, you deserve the world, and I know I can’t give you that. So I’ll give you the next big thing...my world. Hon, I’m ready to face new chapters of my life with you.” Jessica said as she hugged him from the tummy.

 

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

7 in the evening:

 

Donghae delivered Jessica to their home.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Jung, who was waiting for their arrival, warmly open the door.

 

“Good evening, Aunt and Uncle.” Donghae greeted cheerfully. Mr. Jung shook his hands while Mrs. Jung touched her cheek to his and lightly hugged him.

 

“Welcome home, re-united couple.” Mrs. Jung greeted with tease, hugging her daughter tightly.

 

“Hello, my baby.” Mr. Jung sweetly said as he hugged her daughter.

 

“Hello Mom and Dad. I missed you so much.” Jessica said with pinch of joy in her voice. Her eyes are sparkling like diamonds.

 

“Come in. Let’s have dinner.” Mrs. Jung warmly said then stepped aside to give them way.

 

Donghae and Jessica made their way to the living room while Mrs. Jung was busily preparing dinner.

 

“Ah, I missed here. I missed home. I missed my room.” She said as she seated into the big couch.

 

Donghae just watched here doing her cute expressions like she did before.

 

“How’s your trip?” Mr. Jung said trying to start a conversation.

 

“It was very tiresome, but we’re both had fun.” Donghae answered politely.

 

“Ah, Uncle?” he said.

 

“Yes, Hae?” Mr. Jung uttered.

 

“Uncle, I’m sorry if I couldn’t even asked your permission about your daughter’s hand.” He said feeling highly strung.

 

“Don’t apologize. It’s okay. It’s not me who’ll be your bride-to-be, it’s my daughter. So whatever her decision maybe, I and her mom will support all through the way if that will make her happy for the rest of her life. And I trusted you since then, so I don’t even doubted you. Those instances that happened in your past are just a way to prove if you’re really meant for each other. There’s no perfect relationship. Every relationship sometimes loss it’s way. And if the love is really for that person, it’ll find ways to make its way back to the deserving arms.” Mr. Jung calmly said as he crossed her legs.

 

“Thanks, Uncle.” He said appreciatively.

 

“The dinner is ready.” Mrs. Jung broke the scenario.

 

“That’s great, Aunt. I’m really hungry. I missed your cooking.” He said as he hugged Mrs. Jung.

 

Mrs. Jung tapped his back gently. “You’ll be part of the family very soon; you can eat my specialties everyday.”

 

“I’m way too excited about that.” He replied.

 

“Could you arrange your wedding plans in 2-3 weeks? We’ll help.” Mrs. Jung said excitedly.

 

“Of course, Mom.” They response in chorused.

 

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

After dinner, on Jessica’s room:

 

Jessica was about to remove her clothes and change when she noticed she was not alone.

 

“Hey, honey, are you not going to cover your ert eyes?” she said teasingly.

 

“Why? In 2-3 weeks, I can already see it. What’s the difference between that?” he said naughtily.

 

“Uhm...I want to preserve everything until our honeymoon.” She said shyly.

 

Donghae was ashamed of being so erted.

 

“Jessica was right. It’s not yet time to see it since we’re not married already.” He thought to himself. After it, he covered his eyes with the pillow.

 

“That’s great! Don’t you dare to peek, Hon.” She said cautiously.

 

She received a nod from him. He didn’t really cheat. He was hiding himself from embarrassment for being bad and ert.

 

“Hon, I’m done.” She said as a warning to him to uncover his eyes. But Donghae didn’t seem to mind. She strolled her way to near him.

 

“Hon, what’s wrong?” she said as she seated beside her fiancé.

 

“I’m just feeling so small. I’m being ert. I’m so sorry.” He said sadly.

 

She slowly hauled away the pillow on his face. “That’s fine, Hon. Don’t say sorry.” She added.

 

He looked at her with a blushed on his entire face. “I’m really sorry.” He said seriously while feeling ashamed.

 

“Enough for apology, Hon.” she uttered as she gently patted her cheeks his.

 

“Thanks, Hon.” He plainly said.

 

Jessica turned her back and haltingly lied down to Donghae’s chest. She held his hands and wrapped it around her together with her hands. He rested his chin to her head.

 

“In our life, we’ve had thousands of failure, hundreds of wrong decision and countless stupid mistakes. But if were given the chance to change it? Would you?” she asked him out of the blue.

 

“Yes. The moment that I’ve done wrong to you.” He answered.

 

“Hmm...I would rather not. Because somehow, our past made us what we are right now—not hard as a diamond, but strong enough to win our fight.” She answered indicatively.

 

Donghae was suddenly out of word. Jessica’s words knocked him down. He pondered for it for a minute—and knew that what she said was really true.

 

“Hon, you have a point their. Ah~ you really think in a mature manner now.” he said pinching her cheek.

 

“I should think that way now coz I’ll be a married, I should be more reasonable.” She uttered laughing.

 

“I love you, Hon.” He said sweetly.

 

She woke up and positioned herself. “I love you, too, Hon.”

 

Donghae drew near his face to her. That night, they shared again a fiery kiss. They are both hunger to each other. He started to explore Jessica’s mouth with his tongue. She felt a burning sensation with what his doing inside. She deepens the kiss and did the same. She explored every sides of Donghae’s mouth.  They shared a kiss that took their breaths away.

 

__________________________________________________