Chapter 2: Yearning of Two Hearts

One Year Later... (Sequel story of ...Can We?)

 

“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.” 

-Paulo Coelho

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

 

 

I still remember those first two months I arrived here. Though the ambiance is very pleasing to my eyes—to see different side of the world, to see different people with different lifestyle and living, there’s still something in it that makes the scenes a bit gloomy.

 

 

 

“I miss Mom and Dad.”

 

 

 

That’s the five words I uttered everyday.

 

 

 

Living away from them was so hard coz since the day I was born until I finished my college and start working, I never experienced living far away from them. So, I had the hard time of adjusting myself to my new world. But as time passed by, I’m getting used to this.

 

 

 

 

When I arrived her, I immediately find a job. I enjoyed being a part of a very famous clothing line around the world—Christian Dior. I don’t like to work in an office again, so I decided to try something new. And here it is!

 

 

 

 

I want to live a new life, something that I dreamt of since I was young. Since then, I love clothes so much. So, when I saw an opportunity, I instantly grabbed it.

 

 

 

 

I feel every edge of satisfaction.

I see the curve that's on my face.

But why I still feel so empty?

Something within me is not happy.

Undefined hunger of love,

Hoping and yearning for his love.

 

 

 

 

 

And even though, I have what I want, there’s still something inside me that’s so empty. I think it’s my heart. Yes—it’s my heart. And it’s still waiting for something unexpected to happen, to see him just for a second.

 

 

 

 

“Though we’re miles apart, I feel him so alive here in my heart.” I said while thinking of him.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae’s POV:

 

 

 

I came here without a thought what’s going to happen. The environment was really different compare to Seoul. Everything is so different, especially the way of living. I found it hard to adjust, but I tried my best to cope up easily.

 

 


 

I made up my mind. I called Dad and told him I want to file my indefinite leave. And with Dad’s consent, it was quickly discussed and processed.

 

 

 

 

I want a new air to breathe in. But I don’t want to get far away from her.

 

 

 

 

After a week, when I’m getting used to my surrounding, I tried my luck to find her. With all my perseverance and determination to find her, I still can’t find her.

 

 

 

 

 

“I wish that around these billions of people, one day I bumped into you.” I said as I threw my self in the couch of the hotel that I’m in.

 

 

 

 

 

As I force to wear a smile,

I feel the emptiness inside.

As my heart is looking for you,

Its yearning is beyond words.

I’m still wishing to see you.

 

 

 

 

 

And as the days goes by, having this empty heart is a bit tiresome. But I don’t want to give up. I’m strong and I can strive all of this.

 

 

 

 

“Though I didn’t know where she is, there’s something within me that attached to her—it’s my untiring love and undying hope.” I said as I close my eyes to sleep.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

 

 

As Jessica is moving on with her life, she still can’t move on with him. She is happy and contented, but still, there’s something lacking and it’s Donghae. But she still didn’t know that they are stepping on the same land, breathing the same air.

 

 

 

On the other hand, as Donghae still mourning as his heart is still longing for Jessica. And even though his chances is too small to find Jessica in the midst of billions of people around Europe, his perseverance and his want to see Jessica kept him pushing through.

 

 

 

Will she now find Jessica after the long time of searching?

 

 

 

What will they feel if they see each other unexpectedly?

 

 

 

__________________________________________________