Chapter 1: Hum and Senses of the Heart

One Year Later... (Sequel story of ...Can We?)

 

 

"It’s easy to say goodbye but too hard to forget. Even if goodbyes have been said, there’s something in the heart that says, Please stay."

-Anonymous

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

 

One year have pass but it seems like it was just yesterday.  

We are smiling and feeling happy together everyday. We are busy making memories to cherish forever along the way. 

I thought it would last, but things did not go on the way we wanted to be. We bid goodbye and went on our separate ways.  

 

It was hard for me to leave things which I used to have all this time. But I have to do it to find myself—and to save ourselves from losing in the process of loving each other too much. 

 

But at some point, I feel the longing inside. One night as I was to go to bed, I wished goodbye never crossed our way. Coz somehow there is still a piece of me who wanted to try, to stay beside him and keep the love alive.

 

I left Korea without his knowing. Though I mentioned it to him the time when we are under the rain, still he never tried to at least come and see me at the airport for the last time.

 

 

It hurts me, but I have to face the reality ahead of me. 

 

 

"Time flew so fast." >sigh<

 

 

Yesterday, I feel missing him. And because of that feeling arouse within me, I've written a poem.

 

 

I miss you.

I miss you.

My heart is crying I miss you.

Do you miss me, too?

I love you.

I love you

My heart is shouting I love you.

Do you still love me, too?

 

12 months have passed, but still I’m hoping.

Hoping this hum from my heart will reach you.

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

Donghae’s POV:

 

 

 

It's been one year since the day she asked for her freedom that day under the pouring rain.

 

I thought we could make our memories together until the end, but the end drew near. Six years of being happily together got broken in an instant because of my weakness to fall into temptation. And my cowardice made the things between us worst.

 

Until today I still don't know why we have to end that way. I knew it to myself that we can still work things out. But she made her decision, to put an end to the relationship we treasured most.

 

If someone asks me today if I miss her, of course, I definitely miss her. There's no day that I didn't miss her.

 

 

She left Korea the next day. I tried to see her for the last time, but I don't have the face and the courage to show up after what had happened.

 

 

Though I didn't know her whereabouts, I made my decision. After two days, I followed her to Europe.

 

 

While I'm on the plane, I wrote a poem.

 

 

Chirping of birds, whistling of winds

That’s all I heard.

Silver lining around the moon,

Shimmering rays round the sun,

That’s all I see.

Beating of my heart, breathing in and out

That’s all I feel.

12 months have passed my senses still alive.

But I don’t still feel Jessica’s presence.

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

 

They started to live without each other. And though it's hard for Jessica to step forward and move on, she tried.

 

She felt afraid that she would not overcome the loneliness that's creeping inside of her.

 

She's afraid of being alone coz she was used to having Donghae by her side.

 

And now that she made up her mind, she has to strive hard to earn a living on her own and be happy.

 

 

Donghae, however, did the same. He tried to move on with his life without Jessica.

 

Everyday is a difficult day to cope up with the pain and longing. For him, days seem very long.

 

All he wanted is to sleep and forget everything. Coz when he opened his eyes, all he see was their happy memories together--laughing, hugging, embracing each other.

 

But he couldn't take the suffering of his heart anymore. So, he decided to follow Jessica.

 

 

But why did Donghae followed Jessica without knowing her whereabouts?

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Again, a big THANKS for subscribing. Receiving lots of love and compliments from you guys pays off all the hard work I'm going through while writing stories to share with you.

*about the quotation above: Yes, it's true that it's easy to say goodbye but too hard to forget. Because love is more than words can say. Once you've fallen in love, you can't help but fall over and over. So even if goodbyes been said, there's something in the heart that says, Please stay. Why? Because it's love and the reason is unknown despite the pain and heartaches, LOVE will always keep its pride, its sweetness and its mystery.