Six

The way you change my life

 

 

It was soft, like snow; juicy, like orange; sweet, like honey; and smelled delicious; but he wasn’t sure what it was like. It was something he had never tried before. He was sure of that. But; what was it?

“Come on! You just have to guess! It’s not that hard” Hyuna said, as she hurried Hyunseung to answer quickly. He was taking that long that she had to tell him to open his eyes already.

“See! It’s Cherimoya!” She said showing that said cherimoya to her friend.

“Cheri... ah? What is that?” that sure was something Hyunseung had never seen in his whole life. It was green on the outside and white with small black seeds on the inside.

“Cherimoya! How can you not know it?” Hyunseung shrugged his shoulders and Hyuna sighed. She parted the fruit in her hand into two and gave one to Hyunseung “It’s a fruit, Seungie. It’s really good”

Hyunseung observed the fruit in his hands not knowing what to do with it... or more like, how to eat it. He decided to do what Hyuna did, after all, he had been doing that since they were escaping from Junhyung, who by the way, got tired of running and when he finally caught them, he decided it was a good idea to take a break.

Suddenly, Junhyung came from behind Hyuna and took the other part of the fruit from her hands, just when she was about to take a bit.

Hyunseung knew they love each other, because they were siblings; siblings are family, and family loves each other. However, it still was strange to him to see them fight. Well, maybe he was kind of used to see them fight (after he was also chased by Junhyung), but at the same time, it was new to him since he never fought with anyone in his family neither at school.

“There’s a Magic Show at the other tent, do you wanna go?” Junhyung asked them breaking Hyunseung’s track of thoughts and making him forget about the whole fighting thing.

There were a lot of persons —kids, teens, parents and grandparents— sited forming a circle around the magician but Junhyung managed to find an empty space in the first row for them.

Hyunseung was very excited because he had never seen a magician in his whole life. Well, maybe he had seen it before, but that was when he was little and it was so long ago that he didn’t remember. That’s why he didn’t want to let escape any detail as he observed the magician carefully.

He had a black suit and a red cap. A black mask, like the Zorro’s, covered his eyes giving him a mystery aura, and he also wore a hat like the Zorro’s, but it had a silver star on the side of it. He didn’t have a wand, but he did wear white gloves: all of that beside the hot weather.

The first trick he did was to make appear a coin from behind Hyuna’s ear. Then he made disappear some cards and they appeared in the audience. He also played some card tricks to the audience. It was incredible in the eyes of any kid and it was amazing for Hyunseung. After some other tricks, he said he was going to make disappear a living being. It was easy to make it disappear, he said; but it was more difficult to make it reappear.

He took a dove and put it into a black box. He blew over it and when he opened the box again, the dove was gone. It was easy, as he said it. Everyone clapped at the trick; everyone except Hyunseung. He wondered where the dove had gone.

“Now, the difficult part is to make it appear again. Oh yeah, it’s not easy” the magician said as he walked around still holding the box in his hands. “That’s why I’ll need someone to help me” said the magician and a lot of hands flew to the air. “Oh! It has to be someone really strong of heart, but lovely too because doves love kind hearted people and they’ll just come back for someone like that” He looked around as if searching for the right person in the multitude and then his gaze fell on Hyunseung, who didn’t raise his arm.

“Oh! I found a little friend here. Do you wanna help me?” he asked with a smile.

“I’m not strong” said Hyunseung shyly.

“Don’t be so modest. I’m sure you are” said the magician as he slightly punched Hyunseung in the shoulder. Hyunseung looked at Junhyung asking for permission and, just when he nodded, he turned to the magician and smiled at him. The magician got onto his knees, not caring if he dirtied his black suit, so he could be at the same eye level as the kid.

“Do you remember what I did to make the dove disappear?” he asked looking at Seung with his deep eyes through his mask.

“You blew on it” said quietly Hyunseung.

“And~ what do you think would make the dove appear again?”

“Another blow!” said Hyunseung, more confident this time.

“Exactly, so~” He positioned the box right in front him and motioned Hyunseung to blew on it. As soon as Hyunseung did, the dove jumped from the box to fly to freedom. Everyone clapped as a big smile appeared on Hyunseung’s face.

The magician did few more tricks before finishing the show and everyone went out of the tent. While leaving, Hyunseung turned around looking for the magician. He had enjoyed the show a lot and he wanted to see the magician one last time before going to play with Hyuna. To his surprise, the magician was looking him leave. He waved his hand with a kind smile in his lips and Hyunseung returned the wave and the smile. Oh, yeah, he was sure he would never forget this day.

However, there was something that bothered him. Something that he had been thinking about and he forgot at some point, but after the magic show it started bothering him again.  

He was about to ask his dad about it, but his mom said it was time for lunch and he should go wash his hands. Since Junhyung was in charge of him and Hyuna (because Doo Joon was nowhere to be found) Ha Seung asked him to take Hyunseung and Hyuna to wash their hands at the creek.

While they walked, Hyunseung kept debating in his head again and again.

Hyuna said that if you kiss a toad it would become a prince. And then the magician blew once on the box to make the dove disappear and then he made Hyunseung blew again to make it reappear. He said that it was because the dove liked him and that’s why it worked. However, Hyuna said that she once kissed Junhyung and nothing happened.

Maybe Hyuna wasn’t the right person, as the magician and the dove. He couldn’t make it reappear because the dove didn’t like him. So, since Hyuna and Junhyung always fought, Junhyung didn’t like her, so she couldn’t make Junhyung become a prince. Maybe if it was someone he liked it would work.

“Junhyung, do you like me?” Hyunseung suddenly asked making Junhyung lost his balance, trip and almost fall.

“Why are you asking that, Seungie?” Junhyung said as he recovered from the previous shock. Hyunseung had been silent for a while –which was weird- and then he surprises him with that sudden question. Aish, this kid.

“Well, you always fight with Hyuna, but you never fight with me”

“Oh~ that... That’s because you are a cute Kid” any kid that were quite, obedient and wasn’t conceited (like Hyuna) was a cute kid in Junhyung’s eyes “and well, yeah, I like you” and who wouldn’t? Hyunseung was, in the eyes of many people, an adorable boy.

The reassuring smile Junhyung gave him encouraged Hyunseung to keep with his plan. The problem now was how to do it. He had to think about the how and when.

If Junhyung transforms right now then, wouldn’t it be weird to find a prince in the middle of the jungle? It would be better to do it in a house; yep, a big one, in the living room. That way the prince would be more comfortable.

Wait, what if he doesn’t transforms into a prince... what if he transforms into a toad? Could it be possible? Then, if it were possible, he wouldn’t like to be into a house. He would prefer to be on the forest, or at least near water; because toads like water, right? Then it would be better to transform him in the creek. That way he’ll have water! But, what if he becomes a prince?

Mmm~

A prince in the creek or a toad in the living room?

Such a difficult question...

“What are you thinking about?” Junhyung asked him, bringing him back from magic-land.

“Nothing much” he answered after a hum.

After that they walked just few more meters in silence until they reached the creek. Hyuna washed her hands really quickly and ran back saying that she was really hungry, leaving Hyunseung and Junhyung alone.

Mom would sream!

“Junhyung~” Hyunseung sang, finally taking a decision.

“What?” Hyunseung motioned him with his index to get closer.

Junhyung held himself with his hands on his knees to be close-no-that-close to Hyunseung. However, nothing would have prepared him for what happened.

“What?” he said again and, before he could ask anything else, Hyunseung tiptoed and pecked him right on the lips.

Mmh~ nothing happened, Hyunseung thought. Junhyung didn’t become a prince, neither a toad. Ow~ he really thought it would work. Then, maybe Junhyung didn’t like him either.

He left out a long sigh, feeling disappointed, and then decided to wash his hands, all that thinking got him hungry. He hopped they would have barbecue for lunch. Or maybe his mom bought chicken. Maybe Junhyung knew what they were having for lunch.

He turned around to ask him but Junhyung wasn’t there. Hyunseung looked around but Junhyung was nowhere to be found.

“Junhyung?” he called, but there was no answer.

Suddenly a deep sound was heard: a croak. Hyunseung heard it loud and clear and started looking for the source with his eyes, not moving from his spot. Then he dropped his gaze to the floor where Junhyung was standing as something caught his eyes: it was a toad.

Hyunseung’s eyes went wide open when the toad croaked again. He walked to it but it jumped away, making Hyunseung following it for a while until he finally caught it.

“It worked” Hyunseung said to nobody in particular, smiling to himself.

The toad was slippery, as the one he and Hyuna had found when they got there, but now it was Junhyung.

Oh! So it means Junhyung does like me! It also means another good present for tomorrow. Wait, but Junhyung won’t be able to buy a present if he stays as a toad!

Hyunseung decided that 5 minutes was enough prove that the magic kiss did worked, so now he had to convert Junhyung back into human. However, he didn’t like much the idea of kissing a toad... even if it was Junhyung.

Taking a deep breath and feeling brave enough Hyunseung place a quick kiss on the toad’s head. He waited a while but nothing happened.

Maybe if I kiss him in the lips...

It wasn’t a pleasant idea, but he had to do it right, so, again, he took the toad in his hands and placed a kiss on the toad’s lips, this time, leaving his there for a bit longer

 

However nothing happened.

Oh no! Probably Junhyung didn’t like him anymore because he turned him into a toad.

Hyunsueng panicked.

Oh no! What should he do?

Eotokke?

Eotokee!!!!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyong~ :D

for those who want to kill me: Don't do it, if you do, you wont know what happens next. :D waa *rans away from people with torches*

Ok, I didn't update because the previous chapter was suppoused to be longer, but, since I wanted to update it sooner, I decided to divid it into three chapters. you got already the first one, and here it come the second chapter ... I hope I can update the other one before my trip, so.. by.

again, thanks for reading guys. I love comments :D and I love you~~~