Four

The way you change my life

 

A little girl was jumping as high as her little feet let her. Higher and higher, she jumped again failing one more time. But she wouldn’t give up. No, she couldn’t or else...

 

“Ha ha ha ha ha” a devilish laugh was heard “you’re still too short. Dwarf”

“yah! Giver her back!” She yelled. She jumped again trying to catch her doll from the horrible captor’s hands. “Give her back or I’ll restart the computer” she threatened putting her finger in the start button of the computer.

Not wanting to give in, the captor ran to the desk and took a scissor. Then he brought it next to one of the doll’s ponytails.

“Do that and Sally will get a new hair style”

She gasped in fear. No! Sally doesn’t need a new hair style. Not finding another way to rescue Sally, she did the only thing she knew would work

“UMMA!!!!!!”

...she called for her mom.

Right after that, the little girl felt a hand covering and she knew it was Sally’s captor. It wasn’t hard for her to get free and shout again. 

“UMMA!!”

“Shut up! Shut up!” the captor said, trying to make her stay still, but she moved like a worn.

“UMMA!!” she kept fighting. There was no way she would lose.

“Don’t call for her! This is between you and me”

Soon, loud and fast steps were heard. Then the door swung open revealing a woman in her late 30’s. She was wearing an apron and there was a spatula in her hand.

“What’s going on here?” she yelled entering the room. There were her children, fighting... again. The teen was holding the kid, trying to cover , while the other was throwing kicks.

“YAH! Junhyung! Let go of your sister. And Hyuna, stop hitting him” she yelled at her children and they did as they were told.

Then the little girl jumped and ran towards her mom and held her by the waist, the highest part of her body she could reach.

“now, tell me, why where you fighting now?” their mom said as she crossed her arms.

“He kidnapped Sally!” Hyuna said with a big pout and frowned brows.

“I-I—I didn’t!” Junhyung lied trying to defend himself.

“Really?” his mom raised a brow “Then, tell me, my dear son, since when do play with dolls?” the mom said. “Because, if you didn’t take Sally as you said, I’m wondering what that doll is doing in your hand” she pointed out.

Just then Junhyung realised he was still holding Sally in one hand.

“well... I—” he looked at his mom trying to explain something, anything, but he couldn’t find the right words “Fine! Yes, I did” he finally said. “But it was because she was annoying me, mom”

“No, I wasn’t! I was just playing!” Hyuna said, hands in hips.

“If you want to play go to your room!” he growled at her.

Sensing the danger, Hyuna hide behind her mom, seeking for protection. 

“Yong Junhyung! Stop it!” their mom said between teeth.

“You’re not fair mom! You always stand on her side” he said folding his arms

“You are the one threatening your sister here” She pointed out, with stern expression.

“Yes! He threatened Sally with the scissor!” Hyuna said popping her head from her mom’s side, making her mom gasp at the said statement.

“Is that true?” she asked, frowning her brows.

“She threatened me to shut down the computer” Junhyung pointed, finding one of Hyuna’s crimes. Their mom turned her head to her daughter.

“What do you have to tell to that?” She asked with questioning eyes.

Hyuna didn’t dare to look at her mom, so she decided to turn her gaze to another side.

“Not true” she mumbled, but her mom heard it loud and clear. Of course she knew it was a lie. She knew her kids very well to know it.

“Hyuna!” she said, as she hit weakly Hyuna’s head. “Your brother is not playing. He’s doing his homework” she said. Hyuna pouted while Junhyung smiled.

“Now, you go to your room” their mom said to Hyuna.

“But I want Sally back” Hyuna said, pointing the doll in Junhyung’s hand.

“Oh, right. Junhyung, give it back” said his mom. Feeling happy with the results, Junhyung decided he didn’t need the doll anymore, so he handed it to Hyuna.

After having back her precious Sally, Hyuna left her brothers room not before stuck her tongue to him and Junhyung stuck his at her too, making their mom chuckle at her children’s behaviour. She ruffled Junhyung’s hair and walked to the door.

“Lunch will be ready soon” she said before walking out of his room.

And finally, Junhyung had what he liked the most: peace. It’s been long time since he last had peace. Six years and two months to be exact.

Six years and four months ago, he was still a happy kid who was able to play what he wanted, to bring his friends home when he wanted and to do all he wanted. Six years and three months ago he was happy he was going to have a baby brother and he would be able to play with him when he grows up. Six years and two months ago Hyuna was born and with that, she changed all his free life.

Since that day he had to play the good big brother, always been a good kid, a good example for her, be nice to her and what was worst: play with her. AHH!! He hated it. It would have being OK if she was a boy, but no, it had to be a girl. How he hated the doctors for making such a mistake.

At least his mom didn’t force him to do anything while he was studying. That’s the main reason he studied: to get rid of his sister. And it was so peaceful.

However, he knew he shouldn’t have sung victory that soon. After lunch, one of Hyuna’s friends came to their house because their mom had promised Hyuna to take her and her friend to the park. Unfortunately for Junhyung, his mom got an unexpected call form the buffet she worked at and she had to go.

And here he was now, at the park, watching out for his little sister and her friend when he could be at home playing the games he couldn’t when his mom was there.

At times like this he would like to have someone to spend the time with. His best friend would have been a good option if not for the fact that he was too busy with the class president. Yeah, since last Saturday they have become quite close. Doo Joon even got to lunch with the guy and left Junhyung all by himself on Wednesday. And right now, he was sure they were at the library “writing the script”.

Ha! Only God knows what they are really doing.

Anyway, he better takes it as an opportunity to read. Again, for his bad luck, it was a sunny, really sunny day. It wasn’t supposed to be it at this time of the year, but it was. He walked around the place until he found a nice, comfortable spot: it was bench under a tree’s shadow. And well, yeah, he could still see his sister and her friend from there.

He had been reading for a while. Suddenly, he realised everything was silent. In these six years he had learned silence was no good sign when you were with a kid. There are only two meanings for silence: sleeping kids or troubles.

Suddenly he heard a scream: it was Hyuna. He might not be the best brother; that was definitively NO. But he did worry about her.

From afar, he saw a big kid, around 10, pulling one of her ponytails. The other girl was watching from afar since she couldn’t do anything.

Oh, no! No one bullies his sister... no one but him.

“Why don’t you get with someone of your size?!” a little brunette shouted while kicking the kid’s , making him let go of Hyuna’s hair.

“It’s none of your business” the kid spat, pushing the brunette and making her fall.

“Yah!” Junhyung yelled while walking to them. Just then the kid saw him and then ran away. There was no case in chasing for him, so Junhyung went to the injured kids.

“Are you ok?” He asked Hyuna, while helping her stand up. She didn’t say anything and just sobbed silently. Then she signalled her left knee, and there Junhyung saw a wound.

He helped her sit on the bench to have a better view of the wound. Well, to make it short: he didn’t know what to do. Come one, he’s never been a good brother! He had no idea what a good brother would do.

“Kiss it” someone said from his side, scaring him and making him fall back. He turned his head to the voice and there he saw Hyuna’s friend and the little brunette that kicked the bully’s .

“When I get a wound, Hyung always kisses it” the brunette said.

Junhyung wasn’t sure how to response to the kid, because he was still on the floor.

“Jun never does it” she said. The kid then looked at Junhyung making the teen feel a bit ashamed.

“w-well...” Junhyung didn’t know what to say.

Looking at him, the kid sighed. Then he kneeled down in front of Hyuna and landed a kiss in her wounded knee.

“There, there. Better?” he asked cutely. Hyuna blushed a little and smiled while nodding her head. Yeah, it felt better.

“yah~ Stop flirting in front of me!” For some reason Junhyung was mad. Maybe because his sister has never smiled at him like that, or because a kid was teaching him how to be a good brother.

“Oh!” the Kid pointed Junhyung’s right hand. “You’re injured too!” he said.

Just then Junhyung realised a red mark at the back of his hand.

“Oh~ this must be from when you scared me and made me fall” he said, not predicting what the kid would do next: kiss his hand.

“There, there. Better?” the kid said while smiling sweetly at Junhyung. It got him by surprise and Junhyung didn’t know how to respond to kid’s sweetness.

“deh-” is all he managed to say. He’d never seen a kid like this.

“Hyung also buys me ice cream or chocolate. He says it helps to secrete endorphins in our body. And endorphins make us happy and we don’t feel pain” the kid explained.

“Jun~” Hyuna started and then she signalled an ice cream car passing by.

Junhyung sighed.

“Start walking” he said to the kids. Then he remembered his mom hadn’t given him any extra money. He pulled his wallet from his pants and started counting how much he had: he had the exact money for three ice creams. Well, at least he’ll get to it one.

“Three ice creams, please” he ordered. “Flavours?” he asked to the kids.

“I want vanilla” said Hyuna to the ice cream guy.

“Me too” said her friend.

Junhyung was about to order his, when he felt someone pulling the side of his t-shirt. He turned around and saw the brunette from before.

“I want chocolate” the brunette said with a cute smile.

“yah~ hasn’t you Hyung told you not to talk with strangers?” Junhyung said, making the kid bite his lower lip and wide his eyes; probably realising something, he shouldn’t have forgot.

“Yes, he did” he mumbled. Just then a chocolate ice cream appeared in front of his eyes. However, he didn’t take it and just looked at his feet.

“yah! Didn’t you say you want chocolate flavour?” Junhyung asked. The kid nodded as a response but his eyes were still on at his feet. “Then why aren’t you taking it?”

“Hyung also said not to receive anything from strangers” the kid said, now looking at him.

Junhyung sighed. It was him who told him that, so he had to fix it. He kneeled down so he was at the same eye level that the kid.

“Aish, we’re not strangers anymore. You helped my sister, remember? Look, she—” Junhyung then turned to introduce him to Hyuna, but she and her friend were already at the swing. The kid blinked at that, shrugged his shoulders and accepted the ice cream.

“By the way, where are your parents?” Junhyung asked.

“Oh, they’re on a date” the kid said as he happily his ice cream.

“So, who did you come with?” Junhyung asked.

Suddenly the kid gasped while his eyes went wide open.

“Oh no!” he said scaring Junhyung once again “I lost Hyung!” but that wasn’t what he expected to hear.

“What do you mean?”

“We were playing hide and seek; I was doing the seeking; and he and Seobi were doing the hiding” he explained “Oh no! What am I going to tell mom?”

It wasn’t hard to see that he was worried, although Junhyung knew he was the one who got lost and not otherwise.

“I’ll help you look for him. Is that ok?” he asked as he stood up, and the kid nodded cutely.

“Junhyung!!!” Suddenly someone yelled right behind him.

“WAA!!!” this time he couldn’t contain his scream. He turned quickly and there it was his very best friend; Yoon Doo Joon. “What the... Yah! Don’t appear like that. You scared the out of me!” Junhyung yelled with a hand in his chest, trying to calm his poor heart.

“Sorry, man! But I need your help!” Doo Joon said. His face was as white as a paper.

“What, Did Yoseob walked out of yoOUU!!!!...” Junhyung cut his words when he felt his being pinched. He jumped and turned around and saw the brunette kid. “What the...!!!” he hissed looking at him.

“There’s no in there” the kid said with a pout.

“Seungie!!!” Doo Joon cried behind Junhyung, pushing him aside and walking to the kid.

“Hyung!!” the kid said happily as Doo Joon kneeled down in front of him, so he could hug him.

“Oh~ so you’re the Hyung” Junhyung mumbled to himself, amused.

“Yah! What are you doing here?” Doo Joon yelled at the kid, making him and Junhyung jolt. “Didn’t I tell you not to leave the park?” he was now holding him by the shoulders.

If Junhyung thought he yelled at his sister too much, then he was wrong.

“No need to be—” Junhyung wanted to say something to help the kid, but he was cut off

“Seobie and I were looking for you everywhere, do you know that?” Doo Joon yelled again with stern face.

“But, I didn’t leave the park...” the kid mumbled.

“THIS is another park” Doo Joon emphasized his words. He looked as if he would kill anyone. Junhyung wondered if he was the kid’s only Hyung. Maybe Doo Joon wasn’t the Hyung the kid had been mentioning.

“Mianhe~” he mumbled as tears started to fall silently from his doe eyes. Just then Doo Joon realised what he had done. It wasn’t his intention to make him cry; he was just too worried. Aish~ she slapped himself in his mind.

“aish... Don’t cry~” he hugged his nephew and rocked him back and front. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to get angry. I was just worried”

“m-mianhe~~” sobs came from the kid.

Then he separated a bit so he could see his nephew’s face: the kid was all a mess, tears rolling down his face and runny nose. Doo Joon wiped the tears with his thump and then he kissed the kid’s forehead.

“I was worried, seungie! I was scared I had lost you!” Doo Joon explained while cupping the kid’s face. “Promise me, you won’t leave my side again, ok?”

“I-I pro-promise...” Hyunseung said and Doo Joon kissed his forehead again.

Just then Yoseob ran to their side and hugged the kid the same way Doo Joon did.

Too much of a familyJunhyung thought as he saw them hugging. Well, thinking again, the kid had said his parents were on a date. Junhyung was wondering if by parents the kid meant them.

After several minutes, Hyunseung had finally stopped crying and was now sat on Doo Joon’s lap. Yoseob had bought him another ice cream —the first one fell on the floor when Doo Joon found Hyunseung— and he almost dropped it when he stumbled with the bench.

“You should take better care of your sister” Junhyung said to his friend.

“Seobi is not his sister! And he’s not a girl” said Hyunseung defending Yoseob.

“duh~ I was talking about you”

“Yah!!” Hyunseung jumped from Doo Joon’s lap, ice cream in hand “I’m not a girl!” how he hated is when they mistook him for a girl.

“Yeah~ haven’t you heard him calling me HYUNG” Doo Joon sided with his nephew.

Well, Junhyung did notice that, but he thought it was just... well, habit?

“Anyway, what are you doing here Jun?” Doo Joon asked his friend

“oh, I was...” then Junhyung realised he had forgotten his sister. “Hyuna!!” he hissed standing from his seat.

“I’m HERE!” someone said by his side. He turned and saw his sister and her friend. Sighing with relieve he let himself fall down at the bench, making all of them laugh.

The sun was setting down already and Junhyung knew it was time to take Hyuna’s friend to her house. Doo Joon and Yoseob decided to go with him, since they thought it would be hard for him to deal with the two girls all the way. After that, Yoseob got into the bus and left to his house leaving Doo Joon, Junhyung and the two kids alone.

Doo Joon knew the walk, and the crying had got Hyunseung tired and he would fell asleep at any minute, so he decided to carry him. And right he was. They hadn’t walked even two blocks and Hyunseung had already fallen into Morpheus’s arms.

Looking at them, Hyuna felt a bit jealous, because her brother never did something like that with her; and she knew he wouldn’t do it so she didn’t mention it.

“Yah~ are you tired?” Junhyung asked her suddenly.

She shook her head, but Junhyung knew she was lying. Of course, she was tired. It was written all over her face and her half closed eyes. Not thinking twice, he kneeled in front of her and signalled her to climb to his back. At the end, she gave in and let her brother piggy-back her to home. Not too long after that, she fell into deep sleep.

Soon, Doo Joon’s cab arrived and then he left, leaving now Junhyung all alone. Well, he had Hyuna, but she was in dreamland, sleeping quietly. Yeah, that’s how he preferred her.

When he arrived to his house his mom wasn’t there yet. He walked to Hyuna’s room and put her carefully into her bed. Then he covered her with the blanked and the lamp beside her bed, since he knew she was scared of darkness.

While watching his sister sleep, Junhyung wondered if their relation could be like Doo Joon and Hyunseung’s...

Uh~ no! That was too much.

He was about to land a kiss on her forehead when he changed his mind and pinched her nose instead. Yeah, that was better. Their sibling relation might not be lovely, and more like bully, but he liked it the way it was...

___________________________________________________________

 

Ok, here it is a new chapter, as I promissed :D

well, it didn't came out as I wanted but well, I couldn't find a way to do that, so... anyway, I'll try doing what I wanted in next chapter. and I couldn't find a proper picture, so I just put that, but I think Jun looks y there... 

just so you know: They're going on a trip XD 

I hope you like this and next chapter and... well, don't hate me in for what's going to happen.

oh, and again, thank you very much guys for your good wishes  I really needed them and they worked for the ones I studied less XD... 

to all my subscribers Saranghae~~~ ^o^