Yoon Doojoon

The way you change my life

1:

The streets were crowded as every morning. Some people were trying to get a cab, some others were walking to the subway and some were running because they had no other choice.  Yoo Doojoon was in the last group.  He needed to run or else he would arrive late to school.

He skipped a car or two in the streets, jumped a fence and apologised hundred times to people before he was able to see the school’s building. There were more students running like him because the door was starting to close. He speeded to the door and managed to make it in the last second.

He ignored the stares and glances the students were giving him while he made his way to the classroom. Some of them were mumbling things like “so handsome” or “he’s scary” but he didn’t care.

When he finally arrived to the classroom, the whole class fell silent.

“omo! Since he was late, I thought he wasn’t coming today” a girl said and he sent her a death glare that shut . He turned his gaze away from her and made his way to his seat, which was at the last row beside the window.

Wishpers could be heard on the whole classroom. Doojoon knew perfectly well that they were talking about him, about how he might have kicked some students from other schools or how he was washing up and then he had to run to school. Because he knew that's what they were doing. Making up stories. They always did. It's always been like that since day one. Even the teachers would speak behind his back and keep on disliking him. 

He couldn't understand that, though. He has never being mean to them, spoken disrespectfuly or even being late for class --except that day. Actually, he was the first one to get there and he was also one of the best students in class.

"Shhh! He might hear you!" a guy sitting in the middle row said as he casually turned to look in his direction "Do you want us to get killed?!"

Oh, right. They think I'm a bully.

Doojoon thought bitterly.

What was their problem?! Why were they so judging? It wasn't his fault he was born with a frown between his brows. Don't freaking blame him! Because, really, he wasn’t a bully. It's just that his looks were scary, so most of his clasmates didn't dare go near him because they were afraid he might snap at them or worst, kill them.

But that's their problem and Doojoon didn't care. 

“You look horrible, man” A guy seated next to him said. It was JunHyung, the only guy who dared talk to him and also the only guy Doojoon could call his friend. 

"Still better than you" Doojoon said as he rubbed his temples, trying to easy the headache.

Before Junhyng could add anything else, Mrs. Jung arrived and started the class. Everybody got back to his seat and another boring day of school started. Numbers, words, phrases and boring teachers. It was the same of everyday, so, as soon as Mrs. Jung started talking, Doojoon fell asleep. After having several privet teachers, everything was boring for him. He knew everything they taught them already, and more.

By the time he woke up, it was time to go home already. Junhyung didn’t bother waking him up for lunch.

He was about to leave with Junhyung when someone called up his name, and Doojoon didn't need to turn around to know who it was. There was only one person in the whole school (and even the world) with such a cute, melodious voice: Yang Yoseob, the boy he's being crushing since his second week at school.

He turned around anyway, but almost regreted it when a boy way shorter than him and with cute blonde hair smiled nervously at him. Doojoon was having a hard time trying to resis the urge to coo at the sigth of his cute classmate.

“What?” Doojoon asked roughly. He didn’t do it on purpose, though. He was just nervous and he acted cold and rough when he was nervous. 

The other jolted a bit but remained calm.

“D-do have time tomorrow?” the blonde guy said shyly.

“w-what for?” He did not stammer. He did not! 

“well, since it’s Saturday, I was wondering if it was ok with you to meet at the library at 10” Yoseob added.

Doojoon's bearth stopped in his troah as his brain tried to take what Yoseob had just said. Was the cute boy asking him for a date?  

Since the moment Doojoon met the guy four months ago, he wanted to ask him out. But, despite his cool and bad looks, Doo Joon was actually shy to do it.

Wait, at the library? Perhaps he's having a hard time and wanted his help, so it would be a study-date? But it was still a date right?

“so we can write the script for the play” wait, play? What play?

“eh?” not getting what the othermeant, Doojoon turned to his friend with the question written all over his face.

“ah, well, since you were sleeping Mrs. Jung decided that you and Yoseob-shi would write the script for the play we’re putting on for the festival” Junyung explaned, but Doojoon still was having a hard time understanding.

So, it's not a date?

“so, at 10 in the library is ok?” Yoseob asked again.

Not having another option, Doojoon nodded.

After watching the cute guy leave with his friends, Doojoon turned to Junhyung and slapped him on the head. Hard.

“YAH! What was that for?” Junhyungr growled while rubbing his sore head.

“For not waking me up” Doojoon said as he exited the classroom.

“What are you mad for? It’s good for you isn’t it?” Jun Hyung said with a smirk while following his friend.

Ok, maybe he’s crush on Yoseob wasn’t that secret after all. But at least it was only the two of them who knew it. In fact, no one else aside Junhyng and his family knew he was gay. Because, yes, that’s true. Yoon Doo Joon was gay, and it was the main cause of his misfortune... or he should say his good fonrtune.

They walked to the north until the bus stop where they separated. Junhyung didn’t live far from there, but he was too lazy to walk, so he always took the bus while Doojoon just walked to home. By the time he got home, it was past 4 which meant his little buddy had arrived already. He opened the front door carefully and walked to the living room. He could hear the shower running which meant someone was using it.

“Hyung!!” had been the last thing Dojoon heard before something jumped into his arms.

“woa!!” Thanks to his good reflexes, he was able to hold the small kid. “Yah! Jang Hyunseung! how many times do I have to tell you not to scare me like that?” he scolded the little boy with an annoyed tone, but he soon regretted doing it when a big pout appeared in the kid’s little lips together with teary eyes.

“mianhe” he said with low sobs. “I won’t jump again. I won’t make hyung mad” and then silent tears were falling from his doe eyes.

“aish” Doojoon sighed as he seated in the sofa, putting the Hyunseung in his lap “Anio, Hyung is not mad at Seungie. Hyung is just worried Seungie might get hurt if one day Hyung can’t catch him” he said while cleaning the kid’s face with his thump.

“Hyung is not mad at Seungie?” he asked stopping a bit his sobs.

“Of course not! How could I get mad at you, eh?” he said while pressing his forehead with Hyunseung’s. Slowly a smile appeared in Hyunseung’s face making Doojoon smile's to widen. Yeah, this kid was his source of smiles. “But I do am going to punish you for stealing my pudding yesterday” Doojoon said before starting to tickle him.

Little kid’s laughs flew out of the room and filled the apartment. Suddenly, the front door opened revealing a young adult in his 20’s. Doojoon stopped the tickling game as soon as the man entered the living room.

“Appa!” shouted Hyunseung before getting off of Doo Joon’s lap and jumping to his progenitor.

“WOW, someone has drunk all his milk!” the man said while holding his son in his arms.

Doojoon watched as the man in front of him spun his son around with a smile in his face. He couldn't help but to wonder if his father had done that with him when he was younger, maybe before he could remember.

“Stop looking at me like that Doo” the man said as he put his son down “or do you want me to the same with you?”

“Doojoon-ah~ you might be my baby brother, but you just turned 16 last month. You’re way too big for that” a woman said while approaching them. She was wearing a bathrobe only.

“Noona, go get changed before coming here” Doojoon said while covering Hyunseung’s eyes with his hands.

“oww~  you already had your bath? Why didn’t you wait for me?” her husband said pouting a little while giving his wife a back hug.

“wae? You want to give Seungie a little brother or sister?” She said seductively to her husband while turning around in his embrace so she was able to put her arms around his neck.

“who knows...” the husband said as he leaned down to land a small kiss onto his wife's lips.

“YAH! You two! Minors are watching!” this time Doo Joon had his own eyes closed too, his hands still covering Hyunseung’s eyes.

“wae? Don’t you want another niece or nephew?” his sister said before kissing her husband loudly.

“AISH! Seungie-ah don’t open your eyes, we’ll go play outside” He took his hands off Hyunseung’s eyes and let the kid covered them with his own. Then he carried him out of the living room. “you two, GET A ROOM!” he said when they were at the door.

“Don’t worry, we will.” He heard his sister say before they closed the door.

Every day was the same --with some minor changes-- but basically the same.

His life has been like this for the last four months since he left his parent’s house the same way his sister did.  Back then, Ha Seung was dating a humble guy, Hyun Jung, who she met at the library. Since their family was the owner of a big company in the country, they wanted their daughter to marry the son of the owner of another big company. That way they could join both companies.

Being completely against the idea, Ha Seung ran away with her boyfriend when she was only 18 years old to be free from her parent’s gaps.  

In Doojoon’s case, he didn’t have a humble girlfriend. That would be the lest of their problems. He and his friend had being studying at home, which made his parents really happy. But their happiness was over when his mom entered his room and saw Doojoon kissing the other boy.

They decided to send him to a psychiatrist because they thought something was wrong with him and that it had a solution. He had to deal with it for almost a year, but he never really took the medicine they prescribed him. However when his parent’s discovered it, they were ready to hospitalise him in a sanatorium. That day, Doojoon decided to run away, like his sister had done 7 years before.

He knew where his sister lived because they always had been in contact. He also knew that Ha Seung was now married to Hyun Jung and they were the proud parents of a lovely kid, Hyunseung, who was just about to turn 6 years old the following month.

At the beginning he didn’t want to be an intruder, but the three of them insisted him to stay. And so he did, and he didn’t ever regret doing it, because this was the best family he would have ever dream on.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________-

So, How is it. I'm on exams right now and I shouldn't be doing this but I couldn't help it. I even have to write for another fic, and I'll do it later, but well.

I'm currently working in next chapter so maybe I'll update it today. 

Subscribe and comment please :D

15.08.14: Since I'm taking a grammar class, I'm finally realising how aweful my grammar was at the beggining. I'm still updating. Don't worry. Love yah all~~ :D