Date no date

The way you change my life

2: Date no date

Doo Joon covered his face with a pororo sheet when someone opened his window, letting the sunlight warm his face. The sun wasn’t his best friend in the morning. Especially not when he had stayed up until late night because of a certain kid.

“yah~ Wake up” Ha Seung sang on his ear poking his head with a bonny finger. “Doodoo, Hyun and I are going out. You can take care of Hyunseungie, right?” she pleaded, knowing that her little brother would agree to anything. He was in his zombie-like-state after all.

“neh~” Doojoon mumbled. He was still dreaming about his date with Yoseob. It was going to be so great. They'll read and write and imagine they are the characters in the play and Hyunseung wouldn't bother them and- what?

With a fast move, he rolled on his bed and sat up, glaring at his sister's retreating back after he ddenly realized what he had just agreed to.

“what?! No! I can’t Noona” he shouted, but Ha seung was already out of the room.

Forgetting about been tired, Doojoon got up from bed and run behind his sister who was heading to the door. He noticed she was dressed in a light green dress with a cute fedora hat in her head. Hyun Jung, who was standing beside her, wore a pair of shorts, a beach shirt and a baseball hat. It was too obvious they were planning to go to the beach and they weren't planning on taking them.

“Noona, I have various things to do” he tried to explain.

“But Seungie is not gonna be hard to handle" She said with pleading voice "You’ve done it before. Come on Doodoo!”

“I know that, it’s just that... aish... come on, does it have to be today. Can’t you guys go tomorrow” if he was going to take the study date as a chance to show Yoseob another side of him, not going to the meeting wasn’t an option. He needed to make a good impression!

His sister raised an eyebrow at him and Doojoon gulped. He usually told her everything -they were that close- but he hadn't told her about his study-date wth Yoseob. It wasn't because she was against it, but rather the oposite. She was way too excited about Doojoon's crush on the class president and it was a living nightmare for the teen.  

“wae~” his sister eyed him curiously “perhaps, you have a date?”

Doojoon froze at that. Why, oh, why did she have to know him so well. Or perhaps he was just too obvious. 

 “a-anio!" he said quickly, knowing pretty well that, even if it wasn't actualy a date as he would like it to be, Ha Seung wouldn't let it go and she would bug him until he spilled the beans "I just have to meet with the class president in the library” 

“The library? What a weird place for a date” Ha seung said, and Doojoon wondered if he had been talking to a wall or she just picked the words she wanted from whatever he said. 

“omo! You’re dating your class president?!” Hyun Jung jumped in the conversation. Because everything Ha Seung knew, Hyun Jung knew it too. They were the worst bullying duo Doojoon could think of. 

“Anio! It’s just a meeting so we can write a script for the play our class is doing” It was a pointless battle. It didn't matter what Doojoon said. His words always came in a form from his mouth and arrived in a different one on the pair. It must be the air. 

“You have to make a good impression to him, then!” Hyun Jung said again, ignoring Doo Joon’s previous words. As always. 

“I said-“

“Then seungie would be a good choice. He sees how you are with a kid and he’ll know you’re not as bad as you look” Ha seung said as she had just made the perfect plan. Yup, because although she loved her little brother, she knew didn't have the kindest appeal. He will grow to become handsome, but he still needs to work on not looking like a gangster. 

“NO!”

“Hey, don’t underestimate the method. It worked with your sister”

“aw~ but that’s because it was true”

“I’M NOT TAKING HYUNSEUNG WITH ME!” Doojoon had to yell so they would listen to him. But, again he regretted doing it when he heard little sobs behind him: Hyunseung had woken up.

“Hyung... Seungie is going to be a good boy.” He said between sobs. “He’ll be a good boy. He’s not going to cause trouble” then he cried out loud, tears rolling down his rosy cheeks.

Doojoon got onto his knees so he could be at Hyunseung’s sight and then he hugged him.

“Anio~ I-I didn’t say Seungie was a bad boy” Doo Joon tried to stop his crying.

“b-but Hyung- said he – he - wasn’t taking Seungie with- with- him. That’s because Seungie was bad yesterday right?!” Hyunseung said between sobs. Aish~ how Doo Joon hated making him cry. It was so heartbreaking. He couldn’t stand it.

“Anio. Yah~ Seungie ah~ don’t cry… you, you didn’t listen what was going to after that” an idea popped in his head.

“What were you going to say?”

“I was going to say: unless he shared his pudding with me!” hearing this Hyunseung let go of Doo Joon and ran to the kitchen.

“Thank you” said Hyun Jung while watching his son ran for the pudding.

“yeah, and you better make some advances with that class president guy” said his sister.

Before Doojoon was able to retort back at his sister, Hyunseung came back with pudding in hand. 

“You better tell me everything when we get back!” she said as Doojoon sat on the couch and put Hyunseung on his lap.

“Out! Before I change my mind” Doojoon commanded signalling the door.

“As if you could!” Ha seung said matter of fact “Not in your whole life” then she stuck her tongue out before leaving and waving her goodbyes.

Doo Joon had Hyunseung in his lap feeding him the pudding when he took the spoon and the glace form his little hands. Then he put them in the table in the centre of the living room. Hyunseung seemed worried about it.

“You don’t like chocolate pudding, hyung? You want another flavour? Tell seungie! Seungie is going to bring it for you!” He said the fast he could.

“Anio, I do like it. But~ what I want right now is... YOU!” Doo Jon started tickling Hyunseung making the kid laugh his heart out. He tried to tickle his uncle back, but he couldn’t; his hands were too small. Hyuneung jumped off Doojoon’s lap and he started following him around the house.

Half hour later they have finished playing and were having breakfast. Doo Joon needed to be at the library at ten and there was no way he was arriving late. Both took a shower after breakfast and they left around 9:30. The library wasn’t far from home, but he wanted to be there early to make sure he gave the right impression.

By the time they got there it wasn’t ten yet but Yoseob was there already, reading a book.

, I should have to get off home earlier, Doo Joon thought. Slowly -and perhaps a bit shyly- he walked to his table , one hand in his backpack and the other one holding Hyunseung’s.

“H-Hi, Sorry I’m late” he apologised.

“don’t be” Yoseob said still looking at his book “I was just a bit ear-” he raised his head to look at Doo Joon but stopped his words when he saw the little person beside him.

Realising Yoseob’s surprised face, Doo Joon decided to explain.

“Ah... this... well... you see, my sister is out so I have to babysit my nephew”  He didn’t need to say that it was also their idea to bring him so he could make a good impression to Yoseob.

“Nephew?” what? Did he think it was HIS kid? Come on, that would be impossible “I thought he was girl” Doojoon realised the breath he didn’t know he was holding when he said that.

“I’m not a girl” said Hyunseung with his little eyebrows furrowed and his thin lips in a pout, annoyed of being called a girl “I have a !”

“Seungie-ah!” Doojoon felt ashamed of what his nephew said. He turned his head looking around and he saw people looking at them. On the other hand, Yoseob chuckled at the cute little boy bold answer.

“Umma said that was the difference between girls and boys. So I’m a boy because I have a ”

“I’m sorry. It was my mistake” Yoseob apologised with a big smile in his face. “it’s just that you are too cute that I thought you were a girl, sorry” he said with a puppy face. It was so perfect in Doojoon’s eyes.

“But you are cute too” said Hyunseung making Yoseob laugh and blush a little. At that moment, Doojoon felt a little jealous of his nephew. Being able to make Yoseob blush and laugh like that the first time they met; if it wasn’t because of the festival, he wouldn’t have even talked to him.

“Hyung! Hyung! Can I have a book, can I, can I?” Hyunseung shaking his hand brought him back to earth. Without much effort he pulled him to the stands and jumped a little at his side.

“Ok” Doo Joon chuckled looking at his nephew’s excitement. “What book do you want?” yeah, he needed to get him a book or they wouldn’t be able to advance a single line of the script.

“mmm... Dinosaurs!” he said with excitement.

“Ok, then... this one” Doo Joon took a book, a small one and gave it to Hyunseung who frowned at it.

“anio... I bigger one” He said extending his arms signalling the size of the book he wanted.

“I don’t think they have a book that big” Doo joon said, and a pout appeared in his nephew’s lips. “But, they have this one. It’s not as big as the one you want, but is bigger than the other one” he said while giving a giant book to the 5, soon to be 6 year old kid.

Doo Joon watched in amusement how Hyunseung carried the book to the table. It wasn’t kids section so the tables were big and too high for someone his height. He managed to put the book in the table -more like he pushed it there- and then he climbed to the chair. Since it was too tall for him, he was on his knees.

He took off some papers and crayons from Hyunseung’s Pikachu backpack, put them in the table and then he ruffled his hair, making the small kid smile at him.

Doojoon couldn’t help but to let a wide grin appear in his face. However, he realised they weren’t alone when he raised his gaze from Hyunseung and saw Yoseob watching them.  He had his mouth half opened, but his eyes were wide opened.

“oh—well, shoul we start” he said, trying to put on his serious face again.

Yoseob didn’t say anything and just observed him. Doo Joon could swear he was getting red from the stares but tried to calm himself.

“Sure” The cute guy finally said.

Oh, this was going to be long...

_______________________________________________________________________________

as I said, I was working in this chapter soo, here it is... 

12/12/14: Oh shoot, it was so messy x_x. I've edited it, but I'm not sure it was enough.