Chocolate kiss

The way you change my life

3: Chocolate kiss

Life is unfair. Life is unfair and it likes to play tricks on Doo Joon.

It’s been more than two hours since they were in the library and they have barely written 10 lines for the script. But he’s not worried about that. In fact, he just wants to write the script because it means he could talk to Yoseob and spend some time with him. But he can’t. Why? Ask the kid who is keeping Yoseob all to himself.

At the beginning, Doo Joon was sat beside Hyunseung; but later he moved next to Yoseob, so they can work better. Then Hyunseung started asking questions about dinosaurs to them, and Yoseob ended moving next to Hyunseung, leaving Doo Joon all alone.

“mmm” Yoseob rubbed his chin while thinking “Giganotosaurus!” he said excited as he thought he got the right answer.

“Wrong!” Said Hyunseung a bit loud and Yoseob signalled him to lower his voice “wrong~” he sang this time “it’s the Spinosaurus!” Hyunseung was excited he had someone else –aside of Doo Joon- to talk about dinosaurs. It was really hard to find a person who really knew what you were talking about.

“Really, how so? I always thought the biggest one was the Giganotosaurus” Yoseob frowned slightly. He really thought he was right.

“Tyrannosaurus is the smallest among all known carnivorous dinosaurs, then it’s the Giganotosaurus, then Charcarodontosaurus and finally, the biggest one is the Spinosaurus” He happily explained to an amazed Yoseob.

“w-wow... and where did you learned all that?” he asked still amazed.

“I read it in the book Hyung gave me” Hyunseung turned Doo Joon and smiled widely.

Doo Joon smiled back. He was glad the kid was having fun with the book, and he really wasn’t mad at him for stealing Yoseob; but he really wished the cute guy could pay the same amount of attention to him. He was jealous.

 “I wish I was a kid” he voiced out his thought in a low silent sigh.

“Why?” Unfortunately, Yoseob heard him.

“w-well... you know, they don’t have much thinks to worry about. All they do is play” he glanced towards his nephew “they read about dinosaurs” Yoseob smiled and then ruffled Hyunseung’s hair “they have your attention” this last part he kept it to himself.

Suddenly a loud growl was heard. Yoseob and Doo Joon turned their heads to Hyunseung and saw the kid rubbing his tummy, saying things to calm it down.

“omo, and I thought dinosaurs were no longer in this world.” Doo Joon teased, making Hyunseung bite his lower lip cutely.

“We better feed it or else he would eat us” Said Yoseob while pinching Hyunseung’s rosy cheek and then turning to Doo Joon, as if asking for approbation.

Twenty minutes later they entered a restaurant that was near to the library. It was a small place, pretty warm and it felt like a family restaurant. It probably was that, but they weren’t sure.

Hyunseung entered the restaurant, a hand in Yoseob’s, and ran to the counter when his pretty doe eyes caught the sight of a cake on it. Thanks to that they sat in a table near the counter; this way the kid could have a better look of the deserts.

They ordered grilled chicken and fries -because it’s been days since Yoseob have eaten it- and two chocolate cakes –because Hyunseung always eats it when he goes out with Doo Joon.

While waiting for their order, Hyunseung kept talking with Yoseob about dinosaurs and telling him about his toys, his games and everything he did at home. For some unknown reason, Hyunseung felt they would be meeting frequently from now on. If he was right, Yoseob would be there next month and it happens that his birthday was next month. So, he needed to have at least a basic knowledge of Hyunseung’s likes. That way he could buy a decent present for him.

“You really love dinosaurs, don’t you?” Yoseob asked while taking a bit of his chocolate cake. Hyunseung didn’t talking stop because they were eating, and he wasn’t planning to stop the kid. Yoseob actually liked how Hyunseung became close to him in so short time.

This kid could melt anyone’s heart. No wonder Doo Joon was all smiles around him. Suddenly, he remembered Doo Joon was with them. Having Hyunseung talking to him only made him forget of the guy.

Yoseob raised his eyes to the said guy and he saw a grumpy person. If Yoseob didn’t know better what bullies don’t do, he would have sworn Doo Joon was sulking. Well, they don’t get early to school, nor they get good grades either; and there was no way they would actually help the class president write the script. All the things bullies don’t do, Doo Joon actually did.

At the other side of the table Doo Joon wasn’t sure what made him more jealous: Hyunseung keeping Yoseob all to himself; or Yoseob stealing his nephew’s heart since the first time they met when it took him an entire month to get there. 

 

He watched them talk so animated and it made him so jealous. Yoseob was saying something right at Hyunseung’s ear, so Doo Joon couldn’t hear it. After that Hyunseung turned his attention to Doo Joon and watched him with his doe eyes. Then he disappeared under the table to appear again at Doo Joon’s side.

“Seungie still likes Hyung better” he said with wide eyes and chocolate mouth.

“ah?” Doo Joon didn’t understand why he was saying this.

“Seunige will always like Hyung better!!” he said with a frown and a pout this time. Then he placed a soundly kiss on Doo Joon’s cheek.

Ah~ how on earth was he going to get mad at a kid like this? Eh? Life was unfair. There was no way he could be mad at him. Like, no, no, NO WAY!

 

Doo Joon pinched his little nose and smiled at him.

“Then why were you ignoring me?” he said, trying to sound annoyed.

“seobie-ah wanted to know more about dinosaurs, so I wanted to tell him what I know” he said while pouting slightly.

What? Seobie?

Doo Joon turned his gaze to the said guy and saw the big smile in the guy’s face.

Seobie~he sang in his mind –yeah, it feats him well.

Doo Joon was amazed by Yoseob’s smile. Since the moment Hyunseung came to his side Yoseob had been all smiles, not knowing the effect it had on Doo Joon.

When they had to pay the bill, Doo Joon insisted to pay for everything, but Yoseob didn’t let him. However, he did let him take the left over’s to the trash. Doo Joon didn’t know why, but the people around him chuckled when they saw him.

After that, they walked out and went to a park that was nearby. As soon as they got there, both Hyunseung and Yoseob ran towards the swing. For a moment there, Doo Joon thought he was with two kids and not only one.

They kept playing until the sun had practically set down and the wind started to get cold. Then they decided to get something hot to drink. They were planning to go to the chocolate house, but if Hyunseung ate something sweet he wouldn’t be able to sleep until midnight. And Doo Joon knew that, that’s why he let him play all he wanted.

Few hours after the sunset they were walking around the park liking the feeling of the night with Hyunseung holding Doo Joon’s right hand and Yoseob’s left hand. They had been walking in a comfortable silence for a while now, when suddenly the weight their hands were holding got heavier: Hyunseung was slowly falling asleep.

“seungie-ah, would you like me to carry you?” Doo Joon asked stopping in his track. Hyunseung turned his little head to his Hyung and nodded slowly, not saying a word.

Not too long after that, he fell asleep in Doo Joon’s arms.

“he’s a really cute kid” Yoseob said.

“yeah~ he’s my little piece of heaven” Doo joon knew he was being chessy, but he didn’t care. His nephew was, after all, the only one who took him out of his depression months ago when he just got to his sister’s house.

“If you weren’t only 16 I would have thought he was your kid and you were denying him” Yoseob said.

“mwo? Wae... why would I deny him if he was indeed my kid? I would actually love him to be” Doo Joon said as he kissed Hyunseung’s forehead. Yeah, it was true; he wouldn’t mind having a son like Hyunseung.

Yoseob was still amazed at what he found about the ‘bully’. He would have liked to learn more about him, but he wasn’t sure if the other would have shared something. Well, it wasn’t like he didn’t have the chance to do it, but it was uncomfortable. That’s why he preferred talking to the kid.

Yoseob insisted in walking them home, but Doo Joon said that he would take a cab –he wouldn’t be able to carry Hyunseung all the way- and that he wouldn’t do it until he saw Yoseob in the bus. Just then, the bus arrived.

“well...” Yoseob pouted, not being happy that the bus had arrived already “then I suppose I’ll see you again next Saturday” he said heading to the bus.

“ah?” what did he just say?

“we just wrote ten lines! And the script needs to have at least 100!”

“oh, yeah” seriously... something was wrong with Doo Joon. Why couldn’t he make more elaborated answers?

“so, see yah!” Yoseob waved at him from the bus. “oh, wait!” he said to the bus driver and then he jumped from the bus a hoped towards them. For a moment there, Doo Joon thought he was going to get a good bye kiss, but it was for the sleepy kid.

Then yoseob leaned towards Doo Joon

“you have a chocolate-kiss mark on your cheek” he said right at his ear.

Doo Joon just stood there, not knowing what to do. He just saw the bus leave. When it was out of sight he turned his gaze to the kid in his arms.

Yeah~ it wasn’t a bad idea to bring him after all.

 ______________________________________________

ok, I was later than what I thought I would be, but then again. I wasn't able to make it. sorry guys, but well, there's more kid-seungie! :D and Dooseob. Next chapter will be the kid-seung-teen-Jung encounter so wait for it.

read, love, comment :D...ok, you don't have to love it... so, you can omit it.