Chapter: I

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the priest began his speech. Family, friends and guests are already gathered in the church, witnessing the two young people that're already standing on the altar, looking good as ever. Him in his black suit while her in her long white gown. The ceremony was in all wisdom that the parents of the bride and groom couldn't hold their tears back. It feels like they were just kids, living under the same roof with their parents as normal teenagers.

Oh wait, it really was yesterday.

But that's not the point now. Everyone was just lost in the moment as the sweet words of the priest's speech welcomed their ears. Everyone was really sinked down in the atmosphere from hearing the speech, feeling the emotion, and looking at the couple on the altar. They were standing beatifully like they really match each other. But there was something weird about them. They move and whispers too much.

"I swear to God if you don't stop moving, I'll kick your once the vow's done" the girl, Kiky, threatened at the non-stop moving soon-to-be husband of hers. The priest's speech had gotten half way there, yet the groom, Choi Seungcheol, is still busy moving here and there out of his suit. He keeps on loosening his neck tie, even when it doesn't do much cause the suit is already ironed that way.

"Talk about tight suit! This suit is damn too tight for me to just simply breath normally" he whispered back as he pulled the collar a bit, breathing the air.

"Just bear with it! It's not gonna take that long. You won't be out of breath once the vow's done" she rolled her eyes "Such a baby. I can't even imagine living with you for the rest of my life. It's gonna be a living nightmare from now on"

"Hey hey hey, I'm not in favor about this marriage too, okay? Don't fancy yourself too much, lady" Seungcheol hissed back as he steal glances at her who's standing right on his right. The two keeps on hissing and threatening each other as they glance and whisper to each other, yet trying not to be obvious with it. Their family, friends, and guests are right behind, anyway. You wouldn't want to make such shame to talk on the altar when the priest's doing his speech on your wedding day, right?

"I swear to God, I can rip myself out of this suit, right in this second"

"Don't you dare embarrass me on my wedding day, Choi Seungcheol" Kiky glared "Even when I'm not enjoying this vow at all"

"What's it for you if I rip my shirt off? How would I embarrass you if I do so?" He raised an eyebrow "Oh right, you're gonna be my wife"

Kiky rolled her eyes and quietly scoffed, "Just don't do stupid things or I'll break your neck tonight"

"Wow, I thought we were gonna break the bed tonight, not my neck" Seungcheol joked. 

Kiky moved his head a bit to his direction and glared. Getting too much of his goof, she then pinched his arm quietly. Seungcheol then instantly moved his right arm that was holding Kiky's hand from the pain. He look at his side, throwing glares at Kiky who's now looking up at the priest that's starting to stare at these two young bride and groom.

"What was that for?!" Seungcheol hissed.

Kiky shrugged a bit, "I've warned you, don't do stupid things. Don't you dare embarrass me, Choi Seungcheol"

Seungcheol mimicked her words while rolling his eyes. The priest's now really glaring at the two while reading his speech. These two people might be young, but they should've known better how to act on the altar. I mean, have they not attend any wedding ceremony before?

"Damn, this neck tie is surely no joke"

"Just bear with it for a moment!"

Seungcheol glared, "Easy for you to say! You're not the one having to wear this extra tight suit! In fact, you don't have anything hanging on your neck at all beside that necklace" he complained. His rants then suddenly changed into a joke as his goofy smile appeared, "Actually, nice dress you're wearing, Kiky. It shows your bare shoulders and great view of your neck. I can see your assets quite well from up here"

"Yah!" Kiky shouted and slapped his arm. The priest then stopped his speech and glared down at her. Their parents are now shaking their head in embarrassment as they've predicted that these two teens would act childishly on their wedding vow. They were just wiping their tears just now, thinking that everything went really well without any of the kids to goof around, but then of course, you shall never say a word too quickly before it happens, right?

Kiky then lower her head in embarrassment as red blush crept on her cheeks. Sure she said she'll punish, but not up front and make herself embarrass like this. The fact that Seungcheol's quietly laughing at her also makes her cheeks redder. Both from embarrassment and anger.

The priest glared at the two before continuing his speech once more. Seungcheol shrugged and move his arm lightly before leaning to Kiky and whispered, "I guess you don't need my help to embarrass yourself, Kim Kiky"

Kiky bit her lower lip, trying to contain her emotions in before she erupts and wreck the whole wedding. Seungcheol is surely such pain on the neck. A massive one, to be exact. And she honestly couldn't imagine herself spending the rest of her life time with him.

God, please help me..

***

Kiky and Seungcheol forced their brightest smile out that their jaws are falling down in no time. Their fake smile could seriously buy the guest's idea to believe that they're actually doing this marriage by their own will, not because of the force from their parents nor for the sake of their parents's old promise. None but their parents and close friends know about the truth behind their marriage. The truth about how they don't base their marriage with love. The truth about how none of them were actually in favor for this marriage. The truth about one of them to still have a relationship with someone else.

"Who did you invite for this wedding?" Seungcheol asked as he sips his champagne.

"None. I invited no one" Kiky said short and flatly "I don't want anyone to know about this wedding. It's enough guests to invite anyway. I don't want any more people to know about this fake marriage"

"Fake marriage? We're not doing this as a fake one. We're legally married, remember? It was just a few minutes ago" Seungcheol mocked as he showed her his left hand, giving the proof that they're married already, their wedding ring. 

Kiky slapped his hand away from her face, "Call it whatever you want. But for me, this marriage wasn't based on love or any other nice sweetie pie feelings, so it's a fake one"

Seungcheol shrugged. For a moment there, Seungcheol actually scrunched his nose in objection when Kiky said that their marriage was a fake one. True that it wasn't base one love or any such feelings, but it wasn't a fake one either. They're legally married, anyway, so it's not count as a fake one, right?

"What's with the face?" Kiky raised an eyebrow "You weren't offended by my words, right?"

Seungcheol scoffed, "Pft, yeah right, you wish! I don't mind with whatever thing you're gonna think or call about our marriage"

Kiky didn't answer but she rolled her eyes in annoyance for sure. The two haven't met each other for such a long time that they grew hatred and annoyance rather than happiness and joy for their reunation. It was only about 2 weeks ago that the two actually reunited. They know each other after years, only from other's words and social media, nothing direct like a face to face meeting or anything. The biggest reason for them to object the marriage in the first place.

"Are you inviting anyone?" Kiky asked.

Seungcheol nodded, "I don't know if she'll come, though" he said, biting his lower lip as he stretched his neck, looking around for the particular person.

"Who?"

"Why're you so curious?" Seungcheol asked, raising an eyebrow as he looks down at her "It's someone you don't know. I'll introduce you to her if she comes, so don't worry"

"I wasn't worrying" Kiky mumbled. She looks away and stared blankly at the guests who're now talking to each other. Her? So it's a she? Who?

"Oppa!" Someone shouted from behind. The couple then immediately turn their heads from the source of sound. As they turn, Kiky could only widen her eyes. She was a beautiful young lady, no doubt in that. Her hair was done in a messy curl, complementing her brown brunette hair. Her facial features were define and were even more sharp by the simple yet classic make up she applied. Her body was skinny yet curves are still going on on the right places, here and there, making her a one true goddess. "Oh my God, Seungcheol, you look so great in that suit"

"Hey babe" Seungcheol called with a smile.

Babe?! Kiky widen her eyes. Who's this girl? Is she the person Seungcheol personally invited? Who is she though? And why was he calling her babe? Was she.. Oh my God!

"I was far late now, don't I?" She pouted "I didn't even attend the ceremony.. Now there's no way I could object this marriage anymore"

"Hey hey, we've talked about this, right? No commotions on the wedding day and just live our lives as usual. Nothing's gonna change my love for you, even when I'm tied up like this, right?" Seungcheol said and play with that girl's hair curl. The girl then hugged Seungheol childishly as she smiled at him with her big bright smile. Seungcheol surprisingly reply the smile and for once after all day of fake smile, he actually shows a sincere smile for her. Only for her.

Kiky stared at the two blankly. She was lost in the moment, literally. She was the one wearing the wedding gown yet it was that girl that looks like the bride for Seungcheol, not her. The bright smile, the skinship, the happy expression, the chemistry, everything shows that she was the one who's suppose to be on Kiky's shoes, not herself.

After a long minute of the sight of Seungcheol hugging that random girl, Kiky finally regain her right mind and cleared , trying to slap him back to reality. Eventhough they don't share the same feeling as what Seungcheol and that girl's sharing, she's still the legal wife of him and she has a heart that got a bit irritated from the sight of him hugging another girl. "So.. I suppose this is the girl you're inviting for the wedding?"

"Oh um, yeah.. This is the girl" Seungcheol said proudly as he introduced her "Kiky, meet my girlfriend, Jeje. Jeje, this is Kiky"

'This is Kiky?' That's it? Where's the title that I just got married to you 20 minutes ago, huh? Kiky complained to herself yet she forced a smile and pull out her hand in a polite manner, "Pleased to meet you"

"Same here" Jeje said shortly before looking back at Seungcheol "Seungcheol, why should your wedding be placed today? We're suppose to celebrate our anniversary today, right? It was postponed already yet now you're declining it again. Are we gonna have our anniversary or not?!"

"Jegiya, you know that I wasn't in favor for this wedding nor did I have any power to arrange it. I'm sorry, okay? Truly" Seungcheol said, tucking some of her hair strands behind her ear.

Jegiya? As in Jeje - Jagiya? Pft, what a lame nickname. Kiky scoffed.

"Jeje eonni? What are you doing here?" Another girl appeared. She was hand in hand with Seungcheol's little brother, Hansol. The two came in with a real confused and surprised look from the presence of Jeje. None of them seems to expect her appearance. I mean, well duh, who would expect to see your brother's girlfriend to come to his wedding when she's not the one marrying him?!

"Oh, Claren you're here too? How come you didn't tell me? We could've gone here together!" Jeje said happily. The Claren girl only look at her boyfriend, Hansol, with a puzzled and knitted eyebrows look. 

Looking at his new sister in-law, Hansol quickly cleared his throat and try to explain everything, "Kiky noona, Jeje noona here's the head cheerleader from our school. She always come for our football practice and matches, so does Claren, here"

"Yeah, it's kind of like those 'love blossomed on the field' kinda thing" Seungcheol said an placed an arm over Jeje "The football captain and the head cheerleader date each other. If only you go to our school, Kiky. You could've come to our first month celebration. The whole squad was literally having their life time on the party we threw"

Kiky rolled her eyes. Seungcheol can seriously be full of himself at times. I mean, it's not that Kiky's jealous or anything, but how can you ignore the annoyance when your so-called-husband is placing an arm over his girlfriend?! Even when their marriage wasn't based on love or anything, it still hurts y'know.

"Yah hyung, cut it out" Hansol said as he pushed Seungcheol's hand away from Jeje.

"What's your problem? Leave us alone, okay!" Jeje complained and lightly shouted at Hansol "This marriage's a fake one anyway, so it's not a mistake for me and your beloved brother here to act like normal couple"

"B-But eonnie, I don't think-"

"Shut up, Claren. Or do you want me to kick you out of the cheer squad for the next match?"

"Noona, I don't think black mailing-"

"Guys, stop it, okay" Kiky finally spoke up, glaring at the 4 people that're starting to create some scene "I don't care about what's your relationship with each other. Your present, your past, your future, I don't care. If there's anything that I care in the moment would be how too close you and your girlfriend is, Seungcheol. Everyone are starting to stare, so if you want to keep yourself out of trouble, you better cut it off. I'm not in favor in this marriage too, but you agreed to make our parents happy, so cut it off. Now"

Seungcheol shrugged. He slowly pull his hand away from Jeje, making her to glare at him in anger, but what can he do? What Kiky said was 101% right and he couldn't help but to feel embarrassed that people're starting to whisper about his close contact with other girl when his bride was right in front of him. As much as he hates the marriage, he's still a man with manner and shame.

"O-Oppa!" Jeje complained "I thought you-"

Kiky rolled her eyes. Before another drama could form, she excuse herself out of the scene. If the guests are gonna glare and gossips around about their marriage, she wouldn't want to be involved in it. Seungcheol himself would be an enough person to get in trouble, she doesn't want to take part in that one. "I'll just go and greet the guests" she said, walking away.

"Wait, Kiky!" Seungcheol called, but Kiky just scrunched her nose and continue walking away. If he thinks calling herself now could make her stop and walk back, then Seungcheol shall think twice about it. 

"Why's she jealous over us. You guys are just tied from a damn arranged marriage" Jeje mumbled. But to her surprise, Seungcheol actually looked at her direction and glared. "What?"

Seungcheol clicked his tongue and walk away, leaving Jeje, Hansol and Claren at the spot. Not that he felt bad or anything for making Kiky leave, but due to his self egoism, he approach Kiky back to redeem the bad thoughts and whispers from the guests. He wouldn't want to get into any trouble after the wedding. Especially when the two of them are still living under the same roof as his parents for the first week of their marriage.

"Where's your brother going?" Jeje asked to Hansol.

"Noona, I think you should just leave Seungcheol hyung alone today" Hansol said "It's not the right time for you to be with him. I know you guys are still a thing, I get that, but-"

Jeje glared, "Easy for you to say. You're not the one having your partner to marry someone else not in their favor"

Jeje then walks away from the spot in annoyance. Everyone seem to always blame her these days. Why can't they just understand that she's actually in grief too that Seungcheol's marrying someone else he doesn't even have a feeling for? It's not like she wanted to replace Kiky's place and marry Seungcheol now, but his status now is still rightly her boyfriend, so what do you expect a girl to feel?

Hansol sighed and turned to Claren who was also as lost as he is, "Why am I always wrong?"