Chapter: X

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

It was the first day for Seungcheol and Kiky to move in to their first flat. It wasn't a really big house like their parents's, but it was quite a space for them to fill in remembering that they didn't bring that much of stuff other than their clothes and small belongings. Basic furnitures such as bed, fridge, and tv are set already but they still need to buy carpets, bathing equipments, and cutlery.

Being an all fit guy, Seungcheol always place in the big boxes while Kiky could only take the small ones. Their parents didn't allow any helpers cause they think the two need some time to be closer and when would a better time come if it's not now, right?

About more than half of the boxes are placed inside the house already. It was still in the living room, but at least they're able to take it out of Seungcheol's car. Only having two people to move the boxes doesn't really help with the efficiency of time and energy. But what else can they do? Ask for their friend's help? They don't even know that Seungcheol and Kiky's are married whatsoever, then how would the two of them answer if they friends ask about their status, right?

"I need to go before 3" Kiky said as she take another box out of Seungcheol's car trunk "I have an appointment with a friend to watch a musical tonight, but we might go around before so I need to go by then"

Seungcheol exhaled in tiredness, "Today? But we're starting our move in just now. I can't move all the boxes my myself"

"I know, I'm just telling you that I'll leave this evening" Kiky said, sitting on the car's trunk with the box on her lap "And I'll help you out with the boxes till it finishes. We just need to speed things up so it'll be done before 3. I'm not gonna leave you alone"

"Then what am I suppose to do when you leave? Kiky, don't leave me. It's a new house, maybe there's a ghost or some kind of spirit inside" Seungcheol joked, clinging on her like a scaredy cat.

"Come on, stop the act. You look gay" Kiky mocked "Call Jeje or something. Ask her for a date or just lunch or something, I don't know. You're the one in relationship, why am I the one to give advices"

"Jeje's busy today. Some girls day out or something with her cheer squad" Seungcheol whined "Don't leave me alone, please. What am I gonna do inside? There's literally nothing but fridge, sofa, and bed. I doubt we can turn on the tv"

"Just call your teammates and go for a fun practice. Come on Seungcheol, you can figure that out yourself" Kiky said as she stood up. She begins to walk inside the house and leave Seungcheol alone.

"Yah wait!" Seungcheol said, bringing a big boxes on his hands and follow her "Can't I just come with you? I'd love to watch a musical too. I've never been in one before"

"No, you can't come" she cuts shortly.

"What, why?"

"Because, I don't want you to come" She said sternly and place her box on the couch "I'm not going alone and it'll be such shame if I bring someone on my own when I didn't tell him anything"

"Him?" Seungcheol asked, looking at Kiky sternly "Him who?"

She sighed, "A friend of mine. Why do you always get so curious about my personal life? I thought we agreed to not interfere each other's life"

Seungcheol scrunched his nose. He hates everytime Kiky would say 'not to interfere each other's life. He was just trying to show his care. He promised to treat her as what she deserves, anyway. And for him, caring for her is also part of it. Yet, everytime he tries to show it, she'll always push him away and tell him to just mind his own business.

You're a one tough girl to understand, Kiky. Seungcheol thought and sighed, "It's with that Hyuk guy, isn't it?"

Kiky raised an eyebrow, "What and why do you care about it? So what if it's him and if it's not? Can't I go with anyone I want or do I need to ask for your permission next time, Dad?"

"I was just asking. No need to be all irritated and such" Seungcheol scoffed but disappointment was visible both on his expression and his tone "Do you need any lift to go there or pick up after?"

"No need, he's picking me up" Kiky said simply, being totally insensitive to his feelings "And we're gonna eat out too, so I really think you need to go out with your friends now. Or do you want me to cook you something now? But I doubt we have any cooking materials. Can't you just call Hansol to come with you or something?"

Seungcheol gritted his teeth in annoyance. With every other words Kiky said with such flat tone makes him wanna punch or flip a table. It's her usual tone, he knows. But somehow he just can't bear with it this time. Probably after he knows she's going with that Hyuk guy.

Well Kiky didn't admit but it's still obvious.

"You know what, just go. I don't need anything" he said "And I mean like, right now. There's only 2 boxes left. I can handle it"

"Really? I can go now?" Kiky asked with big smile.

"Yeah yeah, go"

"Aw, you're the best!" She said, grabbing her purse. She texted Hyuk and smile even wider when he replied in no time "He said he'll be here in less than 5 minutes. He was just around the neighborhood. Wow, what a nice fate, huh"

Fate my , Seungcheol thought. He then grumply come out of the room and to his car. He let out his annoyance to the boxes that it actually shakes the things inside of it. It was big boxes but it wasn't as heavy as the others. It was only small souvenirs and home decoration things, I guess. But Seungcheol doesn't care even a bit for it. If it breaks, then just buy the new one, he thought.

Yes, he was that irritated.

When he was about to come in the house, a loud roar from engine can be heard all over the street. He turn his head to the source of noise and raise his eyebrows high. It was a huge motorbike. Bigger than the rider, in fact. And talk about the noise and air polution! The bike's surely one of the biggest reason for the Earth to be heated up. I mean, look at it! 

"Hyuk!" Kiky called from inside the house. She happily jogged to the person and a huge grin appeared on her face as the guy lifted his helmet. He was smiling too. As happy as how Kiky looks.

So that's the Hyuk guy's face, Seeungcheol mumbled to himself. He'd seen Hyuk and his bike for quite some times now but it was never this clear nor this near. It was only shilouette of him or a view for quite distance. And now he can see the clear vision of this Hyuk guy, Seungcheol is surely not pleased with it.

"This is your house? I thought you said you renovated it, not moving in" Hyuk asked to Kiky "Quite a lot boxes, I can see"

"O-Oh, yeah.. I have quite a lot of stuffs" Kiky lied "I stayed in my aunt's house for quite some time so there's quite a lot of things I brought there"

Hyuk nodded, feeling no suspicion to grow. He look around the house. It looks cozy somehow, eventhough he's only looking from outside. The garden was green like they're just been planted, the walls were painted in a nice khaki color that matches the wooden floor, and the windows were wide and clear that it must've been nice to stay in mornings.

His gaze stopped as he take a look on the garage. There was a black sedan parked with it's trunk open. Someone was also standing there. A guy, to be precise. He was staring at Hyuk like he could run over his car on him. What's his problem? "Who's that?"

"Who?" Kiky asked. She gulped when she saw where Hyuk was pointing at. She was confused on what to say, also from the look of Seungcheol's face. He looks pissed. Even beyond. More like he can break the house in this very second. But why would he be pissed, right? "H-He's a friend of mine. He was helping me moving back so"

"Oh, I see. You could've called me and I'll come and help, you know" Hyuk said. He then waved his hand, surprisingly, to Seungcheol and called, "Aye, bro!"

Seungcheol only raised an eyebrow, did he just greet me? 

Oh my God, Hyuk, no.. Kiky mentally facepalm "Hey, um.. Why don't we just start going now? We can have extra time to grab something to eat before the musical?"

"We'll still have plenty of time" Hyuk said, putting his helmet on his bike as he step away from his bike "We should thank you friend first now, right? I mean, he's helping you out and you're gonna leave him with your stuffs, so"

"I-I don't think-"

"Hey bro!" Hyuk greeted and bro-hugged Seungcheol like they've known each other before "I'm Hyuk, Kiky's friend. Thanks for helping her moving in. She should've just told me"

Seungcheol raised his eyebrows in shocked and answered in questioning tone, "You're welcome?"

Kiky then rushed to the two. Hyuk was looking oblivious and friendly as ever but Seungcheol was seriously showing uncomfort like he wants to just slay Hyuk's head off of his body "Hey I think we should leave now, like right now. Cause the venue's gonna be full with people soon I bet and-"

"What're you talking about? It won't start till 7" Hyuk chuckled "Aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend, Kiky?"

"Oh, um," Kiky bite her lower lip "Hyuk this is Seungcheol, my friend, and well Seungcheol, this is Hyuk"

"I'm her drama partner and pleased to meet you, bro" Hyuk smiled friendly.

Bro my . Never call me bro if you're going out with my wife, you . Seungcheol thought and gritted his teeth. Hold up, why am I being so pissed off?!

Kiky facepalm mentally once more as Hyuk mentioned the drama partner fact. She hasn't told Seungcheol a word about what kind of drama it is, but it's obvious now that she's spending a lot of time with him and boy, Seungcheol obviously doesn't like that fact.

Wait, hold the gas, why would he care if I spend my time with Hyuk anyway, right? Kiky thought.

"So anyway, why don't you just come with us, Seungcheol? I mean, to the musical" Hyuk invited.

Kiky widen her eyes. A sly smirk appeared on Seungcheol's face from the invitation but before he can say a thing, Kiky cut, "No, he can't come! I mean, I only booked 2 tickets and it's a quite popular musical so I doubt there's any available seat now. So um, yeah.. Sorry, Seungcheol"

What the- You're saying that just because you don't want me to come, Kiky! Seungcheol widen his eyes and telepathic-ly shouted at her but of course, she understood nothing "You know what, it's okay" Seungcheol said "You two can just go. I don't want to ruin your quality time. Thanks for inviting me, Hyuk, but.. Maybe next time"

"You sure, bro? We might still find a seat for you somehow"

"Yeah" he nodded "Besides, it looks like Kiky doesn't want me to come anyway, so"

"Oh well, it was such a pleasure to meet you, Seungcheol. Kiky rarely talks about her friends. I even doubted she had any" Hyuk joked "But yeah, maybe next time. Or you can come to our drama perfomance later, right? I bet Kiky wouldn't invite anyone, anyway"

"B-But-"

"Yeah sure, I'll come" Seungcheol said. This time cutting Kiky before she could say another word to turn him down "I'll come for your drama performance. Might as well see what the two of you had been rehearsing on, right?"

"Yeah" Hyuk chuckled "So anyway, well be leaving now. Nice to see you, Seungcheol"

"Same here" Seungcheol said in an unfavored tone but Hyuk and Kiky had walk away. Kiky though, keep on looking back the moment Hyuk actually agreed to start going. Somehow she feel bad for Seungcheol now. Was she too harsh on him when she said he couldn't come? But that's just her natural sarcastic tone, right? 

Why does the two of them suddenly feel so sensitive to each other?

***

Seungcheol was out of breath from the game. Somehow he wanted the let out his anger from every throw he did. Yet, none of the ball actually made a score. He's far behind from his opponent. 47-23. Basketball was never his favorite, but he was never this bad in any game related to sport. Was it because of Kiky?

"Time out" He announced. It was a one to one game but it feels like a real NBA game from his pants. He slomped down on the field and lay down. His sweat literally makes mark on the ground. The boy is surely tired, huh?

"You okay, hyung?" The boy asked, sitting next to him.

"Yeah, I'm okay" he said shortly "Can you pass me the water, Mingyu?"

The younger boy nodded and handed him the bottle. Seungcheol gladly took it. He didn't drink it, he just poured it on his face, hoping that it can somehow soothe his messed up mind. Mingyu could only shake his head and chuckled, "You know that's our last cold water, right?"

"Yeah well we can buy another one" he said simply "I have so many things in mind right now"

"Yeah, I can imagine"

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow, "Imagine what?"

The younger boy sighed. Seungcheol instictly sat up and show him a questioning look. Mingyu only look down as he started his words, "I'm sorry hyung, I didn't mean to but.. I kinda overheard your words with Jeje noona on the other day. At the party. With, um.. What's her name? Kiky noona?"

Seungcheol froze.

"Is it true, hyung? That you and Kiky noona are married?" He asked.

The older boy didn't answer. He look away, arguing in his mind on whether he should admit or not. Mingyu's a reliable guy, he knows that. But is it okay to tell him now?

"I didnt't mean to interfere your personal life hyung, but.."

"Yeah, I understand" Seungcheol smiled weakly. He then take out the necklace he's wearing under his soaked wet shirt. It was the necklace Kiky gave with their wedding ring as the pendant "And well, yeah.. I'm married"

Mingyu didn't look so shocked but her body language still shows that he's a bit surprised "Wow.. I thought I just misheard stuff and- Wow.. I don't know how to react now"

Seungcheol sighed, "Just don't tell anyone. Any of the teammates. I don't want them to know.. Yet"

"When are you gonna tell them though, hyung? You know that eventually, they'll know about this, right?"

"Yeah.. But just not now. It's enough problems I'm facing at the moment"

Mingyu nodded "But hyung.. I don't mean to add another problem or anything but.. You're still dating Jeje noona? Even when you're married?"

"I know, it sounds so wrong but.. It's just complicated, okay. I didn't think it'll be this hard but, urgh. everything now. My life is ing messed up"

The younger boy only nodded. He knows that his hyung is starting to get angry and he doesn't want to be turned into a basketball ball once he reached his limit. Seungcheol can seriously be a real monster and he can never control is temper. But still. There's one more thing left on Mingyu's mind that he needs to ask and get straighted out with.

Jeje.

"Hyung," Mingyu said quietly "You know that I like Jeje noona, right?"

Seungcheol turned his head right away. His stare turned sharp and deadly. His body language turned into an all alert one but his facial expression doesn't show much surprise. Maybe he knows the younger boy's feelings all along, huh?

"And I won't let you hurt her, hyung" Mingyu continued "She chooses and loves you, that's something I couldn't change and can only accept about. But I wouldn't let you hurt nor let you make her drop a single tear. No, Jeje noona's far too precious to get hurt. And I respect you as my leader and my own brother hyung, but if you let Jeje noona slip out of your hands.. I wouldn't hesitate to steal her away from you. And I'm not even kidding"

Seungcheol remained quiet.

"I know Jeje noona will still choose you over me, no matter what I do. And I still respect you as my hyung, but I'll do anything to make Jeje noona happy, even if that would cost me something I don't favor in the first place"

The older boy still didn't make a noise. His gaze was still sharp and piercing right into Mingyu's soul yet the younger boy didn't show any fear nor hesitation. He was dead serious about it. He'll do whatever he can to make Jeje happy. Even if it'll cost him to be kick out of the team or worse, have a physical fight with Seungcheol when it's obvious who'll win.

It's just something you need to sacrifice for your true love, right?