Chapter: VI

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

"Okay, the balcony looks great" "Where are the trees?!" "Hey, who told you to place those props there? Move it!" "Yah, who's responsible for the paint? It needs more color!" 

Someone begins to shout around as she orders the theatre crew. Everyone was running their off from the constant nags and complains from their stage director, Liao YingYing. It's only the first rehearsal yet she's already demanding the crew to place the props on their exact arranged spot. No single mistake shall be done on stage, especially on the stage element. She'll make sure that no matter what it takes, the stage shall be as perfect as what she'd arrange.

"Yah, where're the swords?! Who's responsible for the swords?! Lee Chan. Lee Chan, who the hell are you?! Get your work right and get the swords ready!" She yelled as she scans the papers she was holding.

"I swear to God I'll shove my shoes on if she keeps on nagging for further rehearsals" Hyuk groaned in complain.

"Just leave her alone. She might just have a bad day or something" Kiky replied, scanning her script.

Hyuk grabbed her script, "There's a lot of words in this script"

"It's a full production script, what do you expect" Kiky snorted "Seriously, I still don't understand why you're in this production. As the male lead, in fact! I swear I can name 10 other dudes that can act and work with this production a lot better than you"

"Ouch. Do you always judge people before you know the, in person, Kiky?" Hyuk said, faking a pained look "But well, I'm also questioning myself why I'm here. I could just be at the computer lab and play some video games"

Kiky rolled her eyes, this guy is seriously such pain in the .

"Yah, who's responsible for the lighting?!" Ying shouted again "Where's my lights?! Where's the ball light for the ball scene?!"

No one answered, having no feels that they're responsible for that particular element. This surely makes Ying groan in annoyance before she walks to the end of the stage and grab the papers of the crews and what they're responsible of.

"Yao Mingming.. Yao Mingming, where are you?!" Ying shouted.

"What?" A boy answered lazily. He was a lot taller than Ying and look a lot older than Ying. His blazer was covering his ' Off' shirt, not the school's shirt. What was this boy thinking? Was he leaving for school or some kind of gang party, this morning?

"Where's my light?" Ying asked, demandly.

"What light?"

"The sections of lights I need for each scenes. Where is it?" Ying asked, trying to control her annoyance in "I've emailed it to you 3 days ago along with the rest of the crews's responsibility"

"I'm working on it" he said shortly and shrugged.

"Well you're not working hard enough" Ying retorted "Have you scan through the script? I've written in detail what lights are suppose to be on on each scenes"

Mingming glared, "Yah, I'm older than you. Show some respect"

"I'll show you my respect once you've done your works professionally"

"What are you, the CEO of this school or something" he scoffed.

"No, but I'm the stage director. It's my job to make sure everything goes perfectly for this production"

"You're just the stage director, don't act like you're anything more than that to order us that way" Mingming said in a stern tone "It's only the first rehearsal anyway, don't rush too much if you want best production. Everything that's rushed would never end up as best as your expectation"

"Better to work hard since the beginning" Ying argued.

"But this is too much" he complains "You nags here and there without asking if any of us need help. I bet lots of us do. Your instructions weren't that clear on the email" he said and pointed at his script "See this? What kind of instruction is this? I can barely understand what am I suppose to do for this scene"

"Come on, your job's to just edit the lighting for each scenes. Click on the mouse to change the color once the scene changes. What's so hard about that"

Mingming smirked, "Miss, you really are such an arrogant person"

"I'm not arrogant, I'm just trying to make this rehearsal works as what we've planned" she said, glaring back at the older boy with no hesitation. Ying then grab his script, rewriting the instruction on that particular part where he complains about with the exact same words before pushing it back to his chest "Just follow the script. It's not that hard, Mr. 'I'm working on it'"

Ying then rescans her papers as she walks away. That Mingming boy would surely have more arguments with her later on. She can feel it. This production would be just quite pain for her. I mean, true that it's just the first rehearsal. But this production isn't the only thing she's working on. Nor are the rest of the crew. They all have their life and own school projects so the rehearsal times are the only time they can work everything out cause she knows, no one would ever bother to look at their scripts once they're out of the studio.

As she walks away, she noticed that the crews were staring at her. Ying sighed and tightened her jaw, "What are you looking at?! Get back to your job!"

***

The school bell just rung. Students were pouring out of the school, getting more than enough of school for the day. Their working hours'd just ended. They can't wait to just get home and rest or go back to their video games. It was quite a tiring school day. Quite a pain, you can say. So what else you await for when you're finally out of the jail, right?

Well, everyone was happy to go home. All but two.

"You've got to be kidding me" Kiky said as she stared at Hyuk who's already on his ride "Are we riding this? We're seriously riding this? You're joking, right?"

"Well, yeah. I'm not gonna piggy back ride you to the café" he stated.

Kiky was still in awe and disbelief from what she's staring at. It was a bike. A motorbike. It was a real huge black motorbike that's she's sure if it ever falls on her, she'll be a dead meat in no time from its weight. It looks incredibly beautiful cause clearly that Hyuk guy takes good care of his ride, but to ride it? Is that even safe?

"But- A motorbike?!"

Hyuk rolled his eyes and pulled her closer to the bike, "Yes. Now hop on before more people comes to the cafe. It gets more crowded after working hours"

Hesitantly, Kiky then hop on the motorbike. It wasn't her first time riding such bike, but this one was huge. Gigantic, perhaps. She didn't expect such skinny guy to ride this kind of large vehicle. I mean, what if he falls from it? He's gonna be such thin chips! 

"Ready?"

"Sort of" Kiky said, unsure "Are you sure this is safe?"

"Yeah. I ride this thing everyday. You won't die" Hyuk chuckled for once. His chuckling voice actually sounds mesmerizing, like a child's chuckle. Kinda suit how childish he looks. But his rude manner kinda makes it hard to believe that he has such cute laughter.

Almost like in dramas, Hyuk then put on his black helmet. For once he actually look really good in Kiky's eyes. His typical style, plain uniform and blazer with headphones hanging on his neck, never caught her attention. But boy, look how masculine this boy is, now!

"You're not gonna hold on to me, are you?" Hyuk asked as he placed his hands on the stirring wheel.

"No" Kiky said, unsure. But should I? Kiky thought.

He shrugged, "Your choice"

As soon as he said so, Hyuk then stepped on the gas. The roaring of the engine then fills their ears. Kiky screamed in horror as the bike moved in a really fast speed. Her hands then instantly wrap Hyuk's waist and cling on him for her life. She could've fall in no time from the speed!

The boy smirked under his helmet from how close Kiky's body's pressed to him now. Not that he's a ert or anything. He just find it amusing to make such girl like Kiky screamed in horror. Who knows that such 'Ms. Know it All' like her can be scared away this easily by his motorbike? He should just threatened her with his bike once she starts to have such mouth and nags him around, from now on then.

Through the busy road of Seoul, Hyuk drove his bike skillfully that in no time, the two of them are already in front of Café Chu. The place was quite full from people in their working suit till those students from different schools. The café had always been popular among workers and young people, so no wonder the place's quite crowded even when it's not the weekends.

"Oh my God" Kiky said as she stepped down from the bike "That was horrible, what the hell! Yah, I feel like God was about to take my life away but you were in such speed that His angel got quite some trouble!"

Hyuk chuckled, "Nice experience, right?

"Nice experience, my " Kiky retorded "I think you left my soul and my lungs and my heart on the other street when you turn at. Oh my God I can still hear the ringing sound of the car engines on my ears. Yah, you're trying to kill me now, aren't you! You could've drive slower and safer, yet no. You choose to just step on the gas hard that I can already feel my soul leaving my body slowly"

"You're exaggerating" Hyuk rolled his eyes "Okay fine, maybe I should've driven more slowly. I didn't know you're gonna be this scared. I mean, who knows such girl like you can be easily scared away by my ride?"

"Well have you not seen how gigantic your bike is?!" Kiky shouted. She rolled her eyes and place her hands on her chest, in sign of annoyance "Oh my God, my hair!" She said as she glance through the windows of the cafe. Her hair was in a mess. Much more worse than a bird nest, she thought. She hurriedly comb her hair with her fingers and try to make it tidier, even when it actually doesn't change that much.

"It's not that bad" Hyuk said "Come on, let's just come in"

"No wait, I look horrible" She said and shove Hyuk's hand that was place around her shoulders away "Why did you drive in such speed, anyway"

"To get here faster" he said as a matter of fact "Come on, you look pretty as awalys. Let's just come in before there's no more tables left"

Hyuk now pulled Kiky by her wrist to enter the café. He didn't even see Kiky's blushing face. He just complimented her. He said she was pretty. Eventhough he's such an annoying guy and he must've just said it as a shrug, it still mean a lot. I mean, wouldn't you feel flustered when someone said you're pretty?

The two then enter the café and immediately order their drinks. They came in the café like a legit couple. A random person would never expect the two to actually have such bad first meeting. They suit each other, anyway. I mean, judging by how the two looks like when they're together, you'll definitely vote for the two if it was such a dating competition.

But there's something they didn't know about. There was actually someone tagging along with them from afar. He had quite some trouble when Hyuk rode his bike too fast that he lost track of them for a moment. But good thing he knows where the two are going, so he could still catch up.

His eagle eyes never left Kiky and Hyuk from the window of his car. He wasn't even sure why he followed them, but he just did. And to be honest, he doesn't like the view he's seeing. The way Hyuk look, smile, and touch Kiky doesn't please him a bit. Yet, it only makes him frown in I don't know.. Anger?

No, that's not the word.

Jealousy?

But why would he feel so? He has no right. He agreed that he wouldn't take mind of Kiky's personal life, then why is he following her now?

Suddenly, this boy's phone rang. He clicked his tongue when he saw the caller and pick up, "Yes?"

"Hyung, where are you? The practice's about to start in 20 minutes" the other person said "Coach doesn't look so happy today, so I think you need to be on time"

"I'm on my way. I just need to buy something out of school. I'll be there in a minute. Thanks, Hansol" he said, lying.

"Okay, hyung. Just don't be late. I think Jeje noona's also looking for you. I can hear her shouting your name all over the field"

He chuckled before hanging up. The boy, Seungcheol, couldn't hold his laughter when his brother told him that. Hansol had never been a great fan of SeungJe couple and it's just funny how he oftenly complains about how fussy nor too childish Jeje is in front of him. His little brother knows exactly how him and Jeje get into a relationship. Hansol's one of his team member, anyway. But instead of giving him support cause he knows how such pain his hyung has to face, Hansol only complains and reject their relationship just like their parents.

Okay maybe not with such harsh comments and actions, but still.

So many people to go against their relationship, huh?

 

Enough Kiky. I need too back and meet Jeje now. She's the one I promised to be prioritized, anyway. Besides, me and Kiky had agreed to not interfere each other's business so why bother? Seungcheol thought. He let out a big sigh before stepping on the gas of his sedan, leaving Kiky with Hyuk for whatever matter they're doing or gonna do.