Chapter: IV

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

A boy was walking to his class when suddenly someone appeared on his sight. A happy grin gradually appear as he's sure on who that person is. She was standing on the front gate, stretching her neck as she looks like she was waiting for someone. Her thin body stands straight in front of the gate, looking goddess-like as ever. The boy then tidy up his uniform, smell his own breath and body, before finally walking to the particular girl.

"Good morning, Jeje noona" the boy greeted.

"Oh, hey Mingyu" She replied flatly. She only look at him for a mere second before looking back at the front gate, scanning for a particular someone. "Have you seen Seungcheol?"

"Seungcheol hyung? No, I haven't. He's not the type of person to come in early, right noona? I thought you know that" he said "Anyway, are you coming to the game tonight? I'm gonna be the striker for today's game"

"Game? What time? Is Seungcheol gonna play?" Jeje asked, completely missing the main point Mingyu was saying. He was promoting himself, trying to make her impressed after all he'd done and still trying to do. He might not be as talented as Seungcheol nor as famous as he is, but he's trying, okay. He's trying hard to improve. But mainly, to impress Jeje.

Yes, the boy likes the noona.

"He's suppose to. But I'm not sure. I tried to ask him if he'll come on the weekend but he seems busy"

"Oh yeah, he really was busy last weekend" Jeje said bitterly. She was still sour from the fact that the wedding was held just yesterday. It seems like all the time she's spent with Seungcheol was wasted for nothing. She knows that the two of them are still dating, but that doesn't mean much now, is it?

Mingyu knitted his eyebrows from the sudden flat tone, "Why, noona? Did you guys fight last weekend?"

"No," she said shortly "some things just happened out of our hands"

"Some things? Like what?" Mingyu questioned. He really is confused now. He'd always been there everytime Jeje needs a shoulder to lean on once her relationship hit a rock. But this time, it doesn't look like she needs someone to talk to or more like, there's no one she can talk to about the particular topic. What was it? Mingyu's surely curious, but looking at the expression and tone Jeje showed, he knows that it's not the perfect time yet to ask. "So anyway noona, are you coming? I can use some support and cheers for the game. I mean, the team can"

Jeje smiled, "I will, then. Seungcheol wouldn't skip any game and betray his team, right? Might as well spend some extra time with him. It's not like I can get any later, anyway"

"What?" Mingyu asked again, confused on what she's talking about.

Jeje didn't answer. Instead, she just walk inside the school, heading to her own class. She left the confused Mingyu just like that and it actually took him quite some time to realize that Jeje's not on her last spot anymore. She left.

"Dammit!"

***

"Kill Joe, go cover me. I'm coming in" ", I need the first aid kid" "I'm running out of ammo, dammit!" 

Kiky raised an eyebrow as she walks in the computer lab. All the computers went blank with the word 'LAN connected' or something like that. She couldn't recall what it means cause she's not an IT girl. All computers literally went down, unless one.

"Excuse me, do you know what happened to the computers?" She asked to the boy who was playing some kind of game on the only working computer.

The boy, being too busy with his game and how loud his headphone was settled, completely ignored Kiky and just continue his game.

Scoffing, Kiky then tapped his shoulder, "Excuse me"

"Kill those zombies, oh my God, !"

"Hello?"

"What the , it hit me!"

"Hey, excuse me?"

"Someone help I only got 3% life left"

"Yah!" Kiky finally shouted, making the boy to pause his game and look at her puzzled, "Do you know what happened to the computers?"

"Yes?" He answered, still puzzled.

Kiky waited for his continued words, but he only stared at her. Is he stupid or what? "Well?"

"Oh, I used them for my game" he said, finally continue "We're having an international LAN battle now. I need to connect all the computers so it won't bother my game" The boy looks really proud of what he did that he ignored the annoyed look on Kiky's face. This guy is surely a pain in the .

"Don't you think you're a bit, I don't know.. Selfish?" She said, giving extra pinch of sarcasm on her words "You're using the school' computer, anyway. These computers are placed to help students with their works, not some games like whatever your playing"

"Well excuse you, but this is my work" he said and place his headphone back.

"Yah, I'm not done talking!" She nags, making him to rolled his eyes and turn his seat again "Stop your game or at least, give me one of those computers to work with. I need to do my IA. It's far more important than your stupid game"

"Your so-called-important IA is not that much of importance for me, so"

"Yah!" Kiky yelled again "Why're you using the school's computers, anyway?! Don't you have your own at your house?!"

"Well excuse you, again, Ms. Always Right, but this is after school. The school policy exactly stated that the school's equipment are to be used by the students of this school. Any entertainment purposes are allowed after school time, so this is not a crime" the boy said "Talking like you're a rich , why don't you work on your IA at your house?!"

"I need to get this done before 6. I don't have time to get home and go back to school to hand it in!" Kiky yelled.

The boy shrugged and turn his chair back to front he computer. He placed his headphone back and continue his game, "That's your problem, not mine. First come, first serve"

"Yah!" Kiky shouted, but the boy ignored. He's surely playing with fire right now and there's no water around to calm it down. Kiky's really in a rush for this assessment, or else her semester grade would fail. She wouldn't want that for sure. All these times to take a break from games and hang outs with her friends would turn into nothing if this assessment's graded into a F. 

Being ultimately pissed off, Kiky then search for the power switch. She doesn't know that much of how computer works, but she knows that once a computer is turned off, it's gonna configure back to the original condition. At least, that's what she hope to happen cause that's surely what she's gonna do.

Once she found the power switch for the computers, Kiky switched it off, making the whole computers to went black. A sly smirk appeared on her face as darkness fill in the room. Almost like she's in a horror movie. After about 30 seconds, she then turn it on again, making the boy who was playing fumed in anger, "What the hell?!"

"What?" She said, innocently.

"You turned the computers off, that's what!" He yelled "You ing retard! I could've won this game yet you turned it off! You made my whole team lose, you idiot!"

"Well excuse you, but I've asked politely for only one single PC yet you gave me none, so you gave me no choice!" Kiky shouted back "Besides, you can just wait for another stupid game of yours later. I can't wait for this IA to be sent cause I don't want to redo this grade. What would it costs for you to redo the game? Nothing, right? So serve you right!"

"You-" before the boy could finish his words, his phone suddenly rang. He took it out and bite his lower lip as he saw the text. It was from his game mate, saying he needs to be back to the game ASAP. Someone's covering him now and he only got 10 minutes window to come back to the game or else the whole team's doomed.

"What? I'm what?" Kiky challenged.

"You-" the boy snapped back to reality. He glanced at his watch. He literally has no time left. There's no time for him to deal with whoever this girl is. He can deal with her later. That is if they meet again, of course. But well, "I got no time for you"

Kiky raised an eyebrow. The boy then dashed off of the computer lab as he grabbed his bag. He doesn't even care that he knocked the chair down till it turned upside down. Kiky could only clicked her tongue in annoyance, what's up with that kid?

***

The smell of sweat blends in with the wind. The energy was quite wasted yet it's still the practice only. But these people know that without such practice, they wouldn't improve one bit. They wouldn't be what they've always aimed. They wouldn't be the real champion.

Ignoring his tiredness, a boy happily jogged to the cheerleading team. The girls are also as the boys, but they obviously doesn't smell nor produce sweat as much as the boys. I mean, come on, they're boys.

"Noona!" The boy called happily "I brought you some water. It's cold, you better drink it now. I know you're very tired from the practice. You looked so pretty, by the way. I mean, the moves were pretty"

The girl smiled, "Thanks, Mingyu. Have you seen Seungcheol?"

"He was with us for the practice but I don't know where he went" Mingyu said "Why, do you need anything with him, Jeje noona? I can deliver you the message if you want"

Jeje ignored the younger boy. She was too busy looking for Seungcheol, again, as she stretched her neck. She hasn't met him at all today and it was seriously getting in her nerve. Remembering that yesterday was the wedding day, Jeje would obviously want to get some explanation from Seungcheol, even when he had explained it clearly in the first place. But still she's just a typical girlfriend with tons of insecurities, you know.

"Oh, there he is!" Jeje said happily as she jogs to the particular boy. She (again) left Mingyu alone at his spot as she runs away "Seungcheol oppa!"

"Oh, hey babe!" Seungcheol said and run to her. He immediately pulled her into a hug and for once, without caring that Seungcheol's really sweaty and muddy, Jeje replied the hug. She doesn't care about how unhygiene Seungcheol is at the moment. All he cares about is his presence now "God, I miss you so much! Where have you been?"

"Where have I been, my . Where have you been?" Jeje glared "I've searched all over the campus for you, all day long and yet I couldn't find you until now!"

"Oh, that.. Sorry, I was busy talking with my teachers all day. Some of my assessments went really wrong so I need to talk it out"

Jeje glared, "Are you sure? You're not cheating on me now, are you?"

"What, no of course not" Seungcheol chuckled and place an arm over her shoulders.

"Good then. It's enough problem caused by that wife of yours already" She retorted "Here, have some water. Drink it while it's still cold"

"Thanks" Seungcheol said, gladly receiving the cold water bottle before gulping it down. Yes, this is exactly the water Mingyu gave to Jeje just now. She might not know it, but it was quite a pain for Mingyu to search all over the campus for cold water cause all vending machines were off for refills and the canteen was closed already. Yet, she gave away the water "By the way, don't talk about Kiky in that way. She's not that bad, you know. I mean, she's not causing any trouble for us. She's just.. You know, there. For no harmful purposes"

"Yeah, but she's still a girl that spends 24/7 time with you, so like it or not, I'm still gonna mark her as a threat" Jeje warned.

"Come on, you know my 24/7 time is only for you. Just because we live under the same roof, doesn't mean I'm gonna grow any feelings for her, right?" Seungcheol said "Come on, you know me better than that babe. I won't cheat on you"

Jeje still pouts.

"Okay, you know what," Seungcheol said and placed his hands on her shoulders, making her to look at him straight on the eyes "There's a game tonight, and how about, after the match, we go for a dinner? Just the two of us. We can go to which ever restaurant you want or we can just go to our usual one. You can count it as a pay off from the bad days and stressed I've caused these days too, how's that?"

Jeje considered, "Just the two of us. No disturbance from your wife, or parents, or even Hansol"

"Deal" Seungcheol said with a grin.

Slowly but surely, Jeje's pout then turn into a happy smile. After all these weeks, she can finally spend some real time with Seungcheol. The wedding preparation had took him more than 2 weeks that on every date they've planned, it'll always get cut off nor ditched cause he needs to choose the suit, the wedding cake, wedding ring, blah blah blah. Now that he purposed her such offering, of course Jeje wouldn't decline it. But still, she needs to make it clear that for this time, no disturbance shall be in present. The two shall spend their dinner together, with no outsider to interfere. Only the two of them.

With a wide grin, Seungcheol then intertwin their hands before walking out of the field. The two finally look like a happy couple again after such separation. Quite a view to stare at cause the squad even thought that the two actually broke up. 

Yes, they were really in such crisis.

But in contrast with the happiness the two felt, one soul was bitterly smiling from the corner of the benches. He saw the whole scene. How Jeje happily jogged to Seungcheol, how he placed his arm around her, how she handed him the water bottle, how the two finally get close again, everything. He knows that Seungcheol's his captain and he would never betray him. But at some point, he just wished that perhaps, Jeje could see or give him a chance to show that he can treat her better than what his captain does. Better than what Seungcheol could ever do.

Noona, if only you can see me the way you see Seungcheol hyung..