Chapter: VIII

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

"Your drink, Miss"

"Why, thank you"

The boy smiled, "My pleasure"

It was none other than Hansol and his girlfriend, Claren, who were sitting on the swings. Tell you what, these two are the youngest couple in this story, yet the two makes the sweetest and most pleasant story out of others. They might be young, but they never play around with others feelings, they said. 

It's actually such an irony how the young ones can appreciate love and others feelings better than the ones who're supposedly to be more mature. The older ones, instead of realizing how serious matter they're into now, they still play around, spending time with someone who doesn't worth it yet the other person who had the purest feelings always get ignored.

Well, what's a story without such complication, right?

"It's such a big party hyung's throwing today. I wonder where he got the money from" Hansol wondered out loud "Mom and Dad would never give him this much of budget. Unless he invites or throw the party with Kiky noona. But well, I highly doubt he even invited her"

"Oh yeah.. How's Seungcheol oppa and Kiky eonni? Are they getting any better?" Claren asked.

"Better? They got even worse" Hansol bitterly chuckled "She was drove home by some guy the other day. She said he was a close friend, sort of. Well, I couldn't see his face cause he was wearing his helmet, but I suppose the two are quite close from their body language. The kind of close you need to be suspicious about"

She chuckled, "Why should you be suspicious? It's her business, not yours. I mean, you can't interfere Seungcheol oppa and Kiky eonni's relationship. They're married, not just some simple dating matter. And I think it's her right if she's really dating that guy. If Seungcheol oppa can still date Jeje eonni, then why can't she?"

"Yeah well, if the two of them are still in relationship with others, then how will they ever unite?" He questioned "They married each other not only for the sake of status and just exchange wedding ring, they're suppose to at least grow some feelings or something"

"Well the wedding happened not under their will, right? Just give it sometime, maybe they just need more space now"

"You think so?" Hansol asked, looking at Claren with a hopeful look.

"Yeah" Claren nods and sip her drink "Besides, why're you worrying about your brother's relationship? You have your own to think about"

Hansol raised his eyebrow high, "What do you mean?"

"I just- I don't know" she sighed "These days, all of our conversations would mainly be about Seungcheol oppa, Jeje eonni, and Kiky eonni. I mean, there would be no single day when it's just simply.. Us. I know you're worried about Seungcheol oppa and I totally understand that, but that doesn't mean you need to worry about him 24/7. You have your own problems to think about, oppa"

"I thought I've told you about how short tempered hyung and Dad could be. I just don't want the same thing happened again, the time when they got into such violence" Hansol defended.

Now one thing you should know about the Choi family. They. Never. Ever. Want. To. Be. Blamed. Well not blamed, but they're just too stubborn to change their mindset. Once they're into something or do something their way, it would be highly impossible for them to change just one bit of it to a better side. No matter how kind and nice you ask for it. 

And even for Hansol, the all nice and shy and more quiet trait he has compare to Seungcheol, he's still a Choi and he never ever wants to be told on what to do or be reminded that what he's doing is wrong. He might be able to handle it better than Seungcheol who'll just literally smash something near him or something, no. Hansol's a lot more calm headed than that. But it's still a hard task to do to remind him about something he's wrong at.
Just like now.

"I know, but you're taking it too serious" Claren said. She then placed her drink down and held his hands, trying to calm him if he's starting to get irritated "You have your own life to think about. Let Seungcheol oppa deal with his own. I'm sure he can get over it somehow"

Hansol chuckled bitterly, "You just don't understand the situation, Claren. If you place your shoes on Seungcheol hyung's then you'll know a little. It's hard. It's not as simple as it sounds"

"I'm not saying anything was simple. I know it's hard, I get it. And I'm not blaming Seungcheol oppa or anything. I was talking about you. And yet, I'm not blaming you either. I'm just saying that you need to slow down and just let things flow by itself"

"I am trying to let it flow!" Hansol yelled, standing up from his seat. He was fuming in anger, but he still tries to hold it in. He knows that what Claren's saying's for his own good, but he can't deny the fact that his brother actually acts a lot more childish than his age. And he of course couldn't stop stressing about that.

Claren sighs. She knows that it'll somehow lead to this, to Hansol being mad at her when all she wanted to say was for his own best. Their own best. But well, you just can't ever tell a Choi what to do.

"You know what, just nevermind" she said, standing up from the swing too "I'll just go get some more drink. I'll be around the snack bar if you need me"

Hansol could only glance at Claren who's now walking away. Another truth about Hansol, everytime he gets into an argument with Claren, he'll feel the wave of guilt to rush over him when she walks away. Claren's the type of person to just walk away from a problem once it gets heated up. Avoiding the atmosphere to turn even worse. And everytime Hansol sees her walking away after a fight like just now, the guilt would build up inside him that he would curse himself for being such a stubborn guy. It wasn't the first time argument like this happened. It was the thousandth time in their relationship. It's a good thing that Claren can handle him well. But then there'll be a question, how long can she bear with his stubbornness?

Looking back at Claren, the girl's now sighing to herself as she pour another punch to her glass. She somehow felt regretful for what she said. She should've just understand Hansol. It's not a simple matter for him to face his brother, playing around with his marriage, of course. I mean, how many boys on his age has a brother who's already married and yet still has another girlfriend, right?

But well, what can she do? She knows how stress out Hansol is, and all she's asking for was for him to reduce his worry towards Seungcheol and Kiky cause it's starting to get unhealthy for himself. She notices how everytime he opens his phone, it'll only to check if Seungcheol had replied to his text, asking if he's home already cause Kiky must've been home and in need of acompany. Sometimes Claren thinks that it was overreacting of Hansol to do so. I mean, normal people would have. Kiky and Seungcheol are grown up people, for God's sake! They can figure out things themselves, right? But then again, she has no power to change a Choi's mind.

It's just that.. There's something Claren needs to talk to Hansol about and she doesn't even know how to start. She wanted to hold it in and wait for the right time to tell him, but he just never seem to be really in the conversations they have. I mean, he'll be physically there but his mind would wander around his brother or his sister in law. She understands that Hansol's stressed up and in need of personal space, but Claren also has something in mind which she fears that if she hold it any longer, it'll only lead to the worst scenario.

When she was looking around the venue, Claren noticed someone who was standing all alone on the gate. She looks confused. She wasn't wearing the team's shirt nor the jersey. She was wearing plain white shirt that stood up the most cause the entire squad are dressed in red-black t-shirt.

"Kiky eonni?" Claren asked as she approached the particular girl "What're you doing here? I mean-"

"Oh, Seungcheol invited me. Eventhough I think I'm not welcomed anymore"

Claren gulped. Her palms start to get sweaty cause she knows she was being quite rude to someone she doesn't know that well, "I-I didn't mean-"

"It's okay, I was just joking" Kiky smiled "Is Seungcheol here?"

"Oh um, yeah he is but I'm not sure where he's at now" Claren said.

"Is he with Jeje?"

"Yeah.."

Not a surprise huh, Kiky thought "Well I need to greet the host first before enjoying the party. Or maybe left"

"Eonni.."

Kiky smiled, "Is Hansol around, then?"

"Um, yeah.. He's at the swing. Last time I saw him"

"Why're you not with him, then?"

"I just needed some air" Claren said.

"Argument?" Kiky guessed, right at the point "Bet it's because of his stubbornness, huh? Well what can you do, The Choi Brothers are as hard as an iceberg. Be nice to them, then you'll never get your toughts to be heard. Be as hard as they are, then it'll only lead to the ship to sinks down. It's just never an easy adventure to spend time with the Choi Brothers"

Claren chuckled. For a moment there she realized that there's finally someone who can understand her struggle sometimes. I mean, Kiky needs to face Seungcheol, not as his girlfriend, but as his wife. Every single day, to add up the pain. Imagine how more complicated it is for her.

Not to mention, Seungcheol heats his head a lot faster than Hansol.

"Kiky!" Someone called from afar, making the two to look at the source of voice. It was Seungcheol who's now waving his hand on Kiky with that big stupid grin, Kiky said. Of course, on his left arm was clinging his one and only girlfriend whom look a bit bitter yet still force to show a poker face.

"Well, guess who made his appearance faster before I left this place" Kiky mumbled to Claren.

Claren smiled, "I'll see you around then, Kiky eonni"

Kiky nodded. She turn her body back, facing Seungcheol and Jeje's who're now staring at her. He was smiling welcomely while she was just giving a flat expression. Not that she expected any better expression from Jeje, but at least a smile would do, right?

Here goes nothing, Kiky thought as she walks to the couple. She plastered the not-so-obvious-fake-smile as she gets closer to the two. No matter how irritated she is to Jeje, she's not entirely in fault for making Seungcheol always bring her up to every conversation they had. It was Seungcheol's fault.

Always blame it on Seungcheol.

"I thought you wouldn't come" Seungcheol said, grinning. He was about to pull Kiky for a hug. A random sudden close relationship he shows when the two doesn't even share that much contact at home. Maybe he was just too excited that she actually show up for the hang out.

But well, before Seungcheol could take a step further, Jeje tightened her cling on Seungcheol's arms. Her stare was blank at Kiky but she obviously shows unpleasant feedback on what Seungcheol was about to do. What was he thinking anyway? "Hey, Kiky. Welcome to the party"

"Thanks, Jeje" Kiky replied, quite surprise from the quite so called warm welcome from Jeje "I didn't know it was a red-black dress coded party. Sorry for ruining the theme"

"It's okay. We should've told you" Jeje said "Or maybe give you our team's shirt or jersey cause obviously you don't have it. I mean, you don't go to our school"

Seungcheol glanced at Jeje with confused look. What does she meant by that? That Kiky doesn't belong to the party at all? "Doesn't matter. We don't have any dress code. It's just that the squad wanted to wear the uniform. But well, doesn't matter. I didn't think you'd come"

"Yeah well, I promised to come so" she shrugs.

Seungcheol grins. Something about Kiky's presence made him all hyped up. He was just happy about the party before she came, but now she's here, he becomes all excited to a whole new level. And what's with the sudden hug thing? Is he trying to make Jeje jealous or something? He doesn't seem like so. Then what was it for?

Jeje on the other hand, only nodded from Kiky's words. She was never a person to be so cold and ignorant. She was known for being an all sweet candy girl. But somehow she always shows this ice like action toward Kiky "Kiky, I.. I want to say sorry, for everything. I was too rude and you know.. I shouldn't have acted that way. On your wedding day. I was still under surprise and well.. Sorry"

Kiky shrugged, "It's fine. No biggie. I would've done the same or even worse if my boyfriend is to marry someone else. I understand, totally"

Jeje smiled. Now eventhough the two had apologize and forgive each other, the two still shows awkward relation everytime they were about to talk to each other. Even Seungcheol who was in the middle has no idea how to break the atmosphere. I mean, two of his girls who're known to be not friendly to each other had just apologize to each other. Who knows if they're gonna explode anytime soon? What if it was just an act, right?

Seungcheol should surely just shut his mouth tight.

But one thing the three of them didn't know about. Someone was accidentally listening to their conversation. Not that he mean to, but he was passing by when the two were talking and immediately stopped when Jeje mentioned 'wedding'. He stopped and listen to the rest of the words where he could somehow recall that Seungcheol's married. To that girl whom he has never seen in his whole life as being Seungcheol's friend before. Yet, eventhough he's married, Seungcheol's still dating Jeje which leaves a huge question mark on this boy's mind.

"Mingyu hyung!" Hansol called, making the boy who was eavesdropping finally snap back to reality "Have you seen Claren?"

"Oh, um.. No. Haven't seen her all day"

"Are you sure? She told me she's going to the snack bar" Hansol said, stretching his neck as he looks for his girlfriend.

"Nope, haven't seen her at all" Mingyu said awkwardly "I need to go. I think someone called me"

The boy then awkwardly walks away, leaving Hansol to raise an eyebrow high. Hansol definitely came in on the wrong time to cut off Mingyu's eavesdrop. But well, he'd listen to the most important part that Seungcheol's married to Kiky yet he's still dating Jeje and the two girls know each other eventhough they don't show good friendship.

One more person to know the secret marriage.