Chapter: XIII

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

"What's going on?" Seungcheol asked once more. His face doesn't look pleased. His eagle eyes never leave Hyuk who's now already standing next to Kiky. Both of them look awkward and surprised to death when Seungcheol barged in.

But wait, what's he doing in Kiky's house?

"What're you doing here?" Hyuk bravely asked. Having no idea of what Seungcheol and Kiky's relationship, that'll obviously be the first thing to come across someone's mind when they see a someone on her house, right?

Seungcheol smirked, is this guy for real now? "Why? I can't be in my own house now, is that what you're saying?"

"Your house? Isn't it Kiky's house?"

"Yah, if you know no then you better shut the up, okay. Kiky's house is my house also! We-"

"He's just visiting" Kiky cut, forbidding Seungcheol to reveal their married status "He's just visiting, as usual. We're childhood friends, that's why he says my house is his also. He just love to visit, that's all"

"Kiky," Seungcheol laughed in disbelief that she still wants to play the act that they're not married "What are you talking about, we're-"

"Shut up, okay?!" Kiky said, throwing deathly glare to Seungcheol. He immidiately shut his mouth tight. As sarcastic as Kiky always been, he had never seen her this mad. What's the matter? Why's she so mad? He didn't do anything wrong, right? If there's anyone to be mad here, it should be him. I mean, what else are you suppose to feel when you see your wife with another man in your own house, right?

"I think we should just leave now" Hyuk said, patting Kiky's shoulder.

"We? Who're you calling we?!" Seungcheol asked in annoyance.

"Me and you, obviously" Hyuk said, walking to Seungcheol and pulled him to the front door.

"What's your problem?!" Seungcheol yanked his hand away as they got outside. Giving more space in case these two boys are going to get violence. But of course, none of us expect that.

Right?

Hyuk placed a hand on Seungcheol's shoulder, trying to calm him down, "Look bro, I-"

"Don't 'bro' me"

Hyuk sighed, "Okay, Seungcheol. I don't think it's the right time for you to see Kiky. Just.. Not now. Give her some time and space.That's the best thing she needs at the moment"

"What do you know, you're just a friend of her"

"And so are you" Hyuk said, making Seungcheol to shut his mouth "Just because you're her childhood friend, known her longer than me, doesn't mean you have a closer friendship than I do. I mean, if you're her bestest friend, then why was it me that she texted just now when she was down, not you?"

Kiky was down? Why? Seungcheol thought.

"And well, if you're really her friend and care for her, you should just do what I said. Leave her for now. She needs some space"

Seungcheol remains quiet from Hyuk's words but yanked his hand away. He shrugged, showing how annoyed he is for Hyuk to always act like they're friends. They're not, of course. For Seungcheol. But Hyuk was just too oblivious about the whole thing happenning that he's just acting as usual. Friendly.

Seeing how unwelcome Seungcheol is, Hyuk could only let out a sigh and excuse himself, "I'll be going now. You should too, soon. Just let Kiky rest for a day. You can visit her tomorrow"

As he said so, Hyuk then walk away to his bike. He quickly hop in and step on the gas. He has tons of questions in his mind. How close is Kiky with Seugcheol, exactly? Why's he visiting her all of sudden when he was with that girl whom he believe to be his gilfriend, and somehow just barged in the house like he has the keys? As close as you are to your friend, do you really act that way?

And the biggest question of all in Hyuk's mind, Why did Seungcheol look so upset when Kiky was just playing with him?

***

Kiky and Seungcheol are now eating their breakfast quietly. No other noise but the cutlery on the plates to be heard. Seungcheol keeps on glancing at her in nervous cause she hasn't spoken a word since yesterday when Hyuk left. Is she mad at him? But why? What did he do?

Out of the blue, as she finished her food, Kiky stood up of her seat and brought her empty plate to the kitchen. Seungcheol raised an eyebrow. It was still one hour and 45 minutes till class started on her school. At least. Why's she ready to go already? He barely get to the half of his breakfast yet she's cleaning her plates already. Is she..

"Kiky are you not going to school with me today?" Seungcheol asked as he walks in to the kitchen "Why're you dressed up already? It's too early. We still have one and a half hour at least"

"I'm going with Hyuk" she said "From todays on"

Seungcheol widen his eyes and followed Kiky who's now picking up her backpack, "What do you mean you're going with Hyuk from today on?! He's gonna fetch you every morning, now? Why?!"

"What do you care. Aren't you being ignorant to me now and try to create some distance? Besides, you should be happy he's giving me a ride. You don't need to worry about me anymore, right?" Kiky said sarcasticly.

Seungcheol remains quiet. She knows that I'm trying to keep some distance with her? 

"He'll be here in a minute" Kiky said as she check on her phone "I'll be waiting outside. Don't come out. I don't want him to know about our status. You better learn to shut your mouth better Seungcheol. One more time you reveal our secret, then I wouldn't hasitate to move back to my parents's house. You wouldn't want that now, would you?"

The boy only glares at her, "I don't trust him"

"You don't need to. You're not the one being fetched"

"But you are and you're my wife, Kiky"

"Stop using that fact if you're not even treating me as one, Seungcheol!" Kiky shouted "If you can do whatever thing you want, whatever thing suits your boat, then I should have the same privillage"

Seungcheol remains quiet. He wanted to defend himself and argue but he knows it'll end up with Kiky to tell him to choose either her or Jeje. Not straight forwardly, but she'll obviously make him makeup his mind. And of course, the boy is still split in two for that question, so it's better for him to shut up this time.

"I'll go now. Don't come out or I'll seriously make you regret it, Seungcheol"

The boy frowned. Not caring a thing, Kiky just left the house with an audible door slam. She wasn't intending to look intimidating or anything cause she knows she can never intimidate Seungcheol. She just wanted to make it clear on what she said. That if he can have all the previllages he can get, then she shall get it too and he has no right to complain.

Besides, they agreed to not interfere each other's life anyway, right?

Seungcheol kicked the couch in anger. Everything went even worse when it's all suppose to get better. What if he can't pull it all together in the end and make up his mind? What if he's stuck forever in his dilemma between the two girls? Blimey, it'll be a living hell everyday, then!

"Dammit!" Seungcheol shouted as he ran his fingers to his hair, messing it up even worse. Why can't he have another ordinary teenage life? It's just too unfair for him, right? And let's be honest, the boy is in his desperate condition now.

***

"Will you ever talk to me about your problems?" Hyuk asked, poking Kiky's cheek which is now placed on the table. It was another theatre practice but the main characters excuses themselves to 'learn their lines privately' and sit down on the corner of the room. Honestly this is the most devastated day out of all of their theatre practices, Hyuk may say. Kiky is always so eager and positive to practice, but just not this day.

The girl muffled, "Stop it"

"Then tell me your problem, would you? I might be able to help"

"No you won't. What do you know about life problems, Han Sanghyuk"

"Well excuse you, but I also have a life and problems in it, so don't underestimate me, Choi Kiky"

Kiky stood up, "Where did you hear that?"

"That what?"

"That name. Choi Kiky"

"Oh, isn't your surname Choi? I thought your full name is Choi Kiky" Hyuk chuckled "Sorry, I didn't know"

"Never call me Choi Kiky" she said sternly. There's not sign of joke or goofiness on her eyes when she said so. She looks pissed. In range, in fact. She just hated that surname. Hate it to her grave. Her name is Kim Kiky not Choi Kiky. No, she would never want to be a Choi.

Especially with that damn stupid Seungcheol guy.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. I didn't know, really. I'm sorry, okay?" Hyuk apologized, looking very scared if he offended Kiky or anything.

"Just- I need some air" Kiky said, standing up from her chair. The boy could only raise and eyebrow in confuseness and bite his lower lip in nervous. Why was she that mad? He honestly don't know her surname, that's all. They've never had a class together, anyway. There's a lot of Chois in this school and somehow Hyuk thought that she's one of them. She just looks like it, you know? But why was she so mad about it?

Another confuse person then come closer to Hyuk and poked his shoulder, "What happened to Kiky?"

"I don't know" the boy shrugged "She'd been like that for days, now. I don't know what's going on. She doesn't want to tell me"

The girl only nodded. She stared at the empty spot Kiky left and look at it confusingly. She's not the type of girl to be all sensitive and mad on her period. No, she's not one of those PMS girls. If she's this mad, then there must be something serious going on. But if she wouldn't even tell Hyuk, who else would she share the problem to?

"Hey by the way, how come you never call Kiky eonni? Or even me, oppa? Show some respect, Liao Yingying" Hyuk joked with a pissed off tone.

"Yeah right, dream on. I will never call you with such entitle" Ying rolled her eyes "But maybe I'll call you Appa and Kiky as Eomma cause you guys act like ahjussi and ahjumma"

"Yah, now that's rude!"

"That's a better respect to show than eonni and oppa, right?" Ying joked "Hyuk Appa"

Hyuk glared, "You're such a punk"

Ying smiled only before leaving her spot. Today's practice is over already as the school bell rings and it was only her and him left in the room. Hyuk immediately stood up and pack his backpack while Ying only stared at her papers. A question marks appeared on her mind as she scans it. Somehow it stopped at the report the lighting manager.

There must be something more about Mingming than just some annoying personality.. But why should I care, right?

The boy didn't appear again for today's practice and somehow Ying got used with that fact. She knows something's going on with that boy's life from his fellow lighting crew. They said they used to have this special meetings for lighting crews only, and from that couple gatherings, Mingming will always leave early if it was held in the morning or will come late if it was in the afternoon. Like he has his own plans and schedules outside school.

"Ying, you okay?" Hyuk asked "Seriously, what's up with girls these days. Daydreams and blank all the time. Is this like some kind of special day for girls to have such day or?"

Ying rolled her eyes, "You're talking non-sense, I don't even understand what you're saying"

"I know. I don't know what I said either" He chuckled "But seriously, you okay?"

"Me? Yeah, yeah I'm good" Ying said and picked up her folders. The two then started walking out of the room "I just have some things to think about"

"Really? Such as?"

Ying shrugged, "Nothing important, but I just feel like I need to think about it"

"Well, seems like you're not gonna tell me either about this little secret, huh?" Hyuk asked, stopping his pace as they got to the main gate "But hey, we're friends now. I'm still your senior and all, but you can talk to me if you want. Kiky didn't be friend for me just for my look. I'm a good guy to be a shoulder to lean on, you know"

"Pft, look? What look are you talking about? I can see nothing but ordinary on you. Somehow below average, in fact"

Hyuk scoffed, "Really, if I didn't know better, I'd think you and Kiky are related. The amount of sarcasm the two of you shows is just- wow"

Ying smiled. The two continued their convo for a bit till Ying's sedan came. Her chaffeur hurriedly opened the door like she's some kind of princess and Hyuk actually smiled a bit about it. Seeing on how fancy her car is, she must've come from a very wealthy family and perhaps those ones which you see on dramas. All those manners and stuffs. Cause judging at how uptight her chaffeur is, Ying's family must be a very very strict and manner base people.

"Well, I gotta go now" Ying said, sounding like she doesn't want to go.

"Yeah, I can see that, Princess YingYing" Hyuk teased.

She rolled her eyes. After biding her last goodbye, she entered her ride. It wasn’t even till 20 minute of ride that Ying told her driver to stop and pulled over. A figure of someone whom she doesn’t really expect to see caught her eyes.

Mingming? She questioned.

The figure was helping a little boy, probably about 4 years old, to climb over his motorcycle. Mingming then hop on to his on bike and rode started his engine, leaving the kindergarten in a speed that wasn’t that slow yet it was quite hard for Yingying to follow him.

Yes, she decided to tag along the older by. Who knows, maybe it’ll give her answers of why he's always late to rehearsals, right?