Chapter: XII

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

"Hey, do you want some food? I'm making pasta. Want some?"

"Not hungry"

"How bout drinks? I made green tea latte last night. I kept some on the fridge for breakfast. It's your favorite, right?"

"Not thirsty"

"Um.. Do you want to catch a movie today, then? There's one movie I'm dying to watch for"

"Not interested"

"O.. Kay.." Kiky said, raising her eyebrows. She walk back to the kitchen but her eyes were glued to Seungcheol who's casually sitting on the living room's couch. He looks comfortable as ever but something with his action these days and how he change his tone, make Kiky grows her suspicion. He become cold and answered in short words. He never asks where she's going, whom with, what time will she get home, nothing. Well it's not like she likes it when he cares too much. It was just too sudden for him to act so distant.

The boy on the other hand, was glancing at the kitchen from the corner of his eyes. He knows it was too sudden for him to act this way. He feels sorry for it, but he can't help it. Mingyu's threat the other day was really eating him alive that he chooses to focus on one girl one. Jeje only. And in order to do so, he needs to make some distance with Kiky.

It's part of his promise to Jeje too, right? Not letting her fall for him and vice versa. It's not like he's already starting to fall for her, but for it's just better to draw a straight line now than later, right? And besides, Kiky wouldn't like such ignorant guy, right?

Right? Seungcheol thought.

Just when he was about to come to the kitchen, a new text message appeared. It was none other than Jeje.

'Hey, babe! Just wondering, are you free this afternoon? I saw this one really nice sweater for you but I don't know your size. I don't want to buy something that's too small for you, just like what I did last time. So, can you come? xx'

Seungcheol hesitates. Shall he go? Well he can't just stay at home and ignore Kiky all day if he really was going to keep some distance. It'll be too much pain and he'll crack but opening a convo soon. But shall he go? What if Kiky call Hyuk and go out together later on? Wouldn't that cause even more stress in his mind?

Damn you, Kiky. Everything seems so smooth before you cameback to my life, Seungcheol thought. I miss you and very am happy to see you again, but you're causing me too much things to think about. 

Should I go? I promised myself to build some walls between us, but is this the right way to do so? Why do I feel like whatever I'm doing is wrong in either or even both or Jeje and Kiky's eyes?! Why do these girls have to control my mind, now?!

Seungcheol sighed, but I promised Kiky to treat her the way she deserves and ignoring her.. Ignoring her is surely something she doesn't deserve. She didn't do anything in the first place, so why should I ignore her? But how will I keep the promise to myself and Jeje's?

But isn't it too sudden for me to just build walls now? Kiky might think of me as a weirdo now or at least some unstable teenage boy with raging emotions. What the hell, I'm actually gonna turn into one if this madness doesn't stop anytime soon! Come on Seungcheol. Get your together and don't let these girls torn you apart like this! They're the ones that're suppose to stress over you, not the other way around! You're the Choi Seungcheol anyway, right?

God, I need some air. Should I go, or should I not? What if I go and that Hyuk guy come in to kidnap her? Last time they went out, they didn't come back home till mornight. Mornight. Is that even a word? Well screw it, I don't care. What I care about is whether I should go or not.

Should I? 

Why do all way outs give risky and deadly results in the end?! Why can't there just be one way to do where everyone will be happy and no hard feelings occur?! Why can't any of those girls to understand that I'm in such pain to think about them?! Don't they have mercy to me?! Don't they know how much pain I've suffered already just to think on how to treat them?!

"Seungcheol, I think you sh-"

"Okay okay, I'm going!" Seungcheol said as he stood up. He walk to the bedroom and change himself into casual outfit. Finally he made a choice. After such long thoughts and pressure, of course. But was it really the best decision to make at the moment?

Kiky though, was raising her eyebrows even higher from Seungcheol's weird action. What's he doing? Where's he going to? She was just about to remind him that he needs to put out his dirty jersey laundry from yesterday's practice so she can wash it later. Yet, before she can even finish her words, Seungcheol already walk up and get ready to go to some place she has no idea where.

What does he thinks he sees her as to just do whatever thing pleases his shoes? What a punk. Who does he think he is? If this Kiky has just a tiny lesser patient like she does now, the two must've been signing divorce papers already.

Turning herself back to the kitchen stove, Kiky expressed her irritation on her pasta that it make the macaronis turn smoggy. Well she just can't help it. The annoyance Seungcheol's creating is surely getting in her nerve. Once or twice then it's okay. But this had happened for the nth time and she's sure that this is going to continue for God knows how long.

"Not hungry. Not thirsty. Not interested" Kiky mimicked as she stirs her pasta "Well screw you, Choi Seungcheol. If I was just a tiny bit less nice that who I am now, you might already find yourself in your graveyard now. But well guess what, I guess we can postpone that. We can postpone your funeral, yeah. For how long? I don't know. I don't ing know how long can I stand your friggin annoying . Damn you, Seungcheol. Damn you!!"

***

The mall was quite full with people. Well of course, what do you expect, it's Sunday. People were walking here and there, coming in and out of stores and random chit chats were feeling your ears. Some might really spend their money and buy some stuffs while others were just window shopping. Whatever it is, the mall was surely crowded that day.

One boy was walking alone as he try to find something to reduce his boredom. He had had his coffee, bought new pair of headphones and not to forget, 5 new video games. He was satisfied and has no other thing to get yet he doesn't want to get home just yet. Especially when there's no one in his house. 

If only I asked her to come with me today.. We must've had something to do now. Or at least, I can just listen to her rants. Her damn high pitched rants. Funny how I miss her now when I used to complains about her presence before, the boy thought and smiled.

He was about to come into another game house shop, but a couple caught his eyes. They were so close, almost like newly weds people. But take a look at them better. They don't look that much older than him. Maybe on the same age, in fact.

Oh wait, they are the same age.

Isn't that.. What's his name again? The boy thought, ah, Seungcheol! Is that his girlfriend? Damn, he really knows how to pick a girl.

As curiosity increases inside him, the boy, Hyuk, eventually follows the couple as they stroll around the mall. He honestly thought that there might be something between Seungcheol and Kiky since he was the only one Kiky asked for help when she was moving in. Kiky said that her parents don't live with her, so if she asks Seungcheol for a hand, he must be someone she's deeply close with, right? Or at least, someone she trusted on. Still shows some special relationship than a friend.

One by one, the couple and their tag along enter the shops. Hyuk could be careless about the two when they entered the second shop cause it was such a stupid thing to follow someone you barely know, but something was catching his mind.

You see, everytime Seungcheol's girl was away, checking on the stuffs in the shop or paying it, Seungcheol would always check his phone. His face would turn bitter when there was no notifications. It'll turn a lot brighter at times, probably when some notifications pops out. But then it'll turn back dark out of sudden. Was he waiting for someone to call or text him? Sure he looks like he's enjoying his time with his girl, but that's only when she's around. When she's gone, only for 30 seconds, he'll look like he's in pain for being out of his house.

"Is he being a two timer, or something?" Hyuk mumbled. Before he can think any further, a text appeared on his own phone. He immidiately check it and raised an eyebrow.

'Can you come over? I'm a bit down'

Why's she down? She was all okay last night when we texted each other.. Hyuk thought as he read Kiky's text. Was it because of Seungcheol or.. Are they really a thing or something?

Wanting to know the truth and also for the sake of their 'friendship', not with any hint that the boy is worried for Kiky, Hyuk then immidiately replied, 'Be there in 10 mins'

***

Hyuk looks down at his arm where Kiky placed her head at. He feels awkward to the ultimate supreme level but what can he do? She's somehow down, right now. She didn't even reply his joke when he first come in, so all he can do now is to wait till she speaks her mind out and just be the shoulder for her to lean in.

Literally.

He tried to poke her cheeks, play with her hair strands, tugged her shirt, but nothing works. She's just there, leaning on him like she's in deep thought or perhaps, turning into a zombie? Hyuk was surely worried by now, but he knows he can't force Kiky to spill her hesrt out unless she wants to. She's not the type of person that can be pushed to express their emotions with, and that's one of the most important thing he learned about her.

Kiky hates to be pushed.

"Why are people so annoying" Kiky said after minutes and minutes of just audible sighes and dead stare on the walls "I find everyone annoying. Why do they even have to exist? They're annoying as hell. Don't you find them annoying too, Hyuk?"

Hyuk raised an eyebrow, "Are you seriously asking me this right now? Are you surely this depressed?"

The girl sighed.

"Yeap, you are" He said, sitting up. Hyuk turns his sitting position on the couch that the two of them are now face to face. He placed his palms on her face's sides and stare at her deeply.

"What are you doing?" Kiky asked.

"You said people are annoying, so now I'm gonna show you why you need other people in your life" He said, placing a pillow on his lap.

"How?"

"By copying you" Hyuk answered and copied her facial expression "You look so ugly when you pout"

"You're uglier"

He chuckled, "How can I be uglier when I'm just copying you?" 

"You're mean" she said which he followed in sync.

"Hey, stop it!"

"No, you stop it"

"Stop copying me!"

"Han Sanghyuk!"

"I'm gay"

"Okay now, I won't say that" Hyuk chuckled and let go of his hands on her face.

She laughed eventually, "Why? You're suppose to be following me! Copy whatever I do and say, Sanghyuk!"

"Okay fine, let's restart" He said, cupping her face again. This time Kiky also cupped his face. The two start to make faces and let the other copy. She started off with a pout, then she fake cry, smile brighter than the sun, then twisted her tongue which Hyuk could not copy.

"Haha you failed" she said, but Hyuk followed her words. Not admiting his failure.

They continue making weird faces and fortunately it boosted Kiky's mood a bit. She's not as gloomy as before, seeing her smile and the look on her eyes. Now the two just purely do this game for fun, not to entertain one who was feeling down.

Which obviousky make Hyuk feels more than relieve. Something about Kiky that made him so happy this minute, so annoyed next minute, so worried 30 seconds later, and so protective on the other time. She's surely playing with his emotions and he's just not sure why. Does hanging out with girls always give this kind of impacts to other boys?  He's not the tupe of boy to be easily influenced by others, especially on emotions part. So is this feeling still in its normal level or are we talking about another topic than friendship now?

But on the other hand, as Kiky and Hyuk were really drowned down to the game, the crack of the front door wasn't even audible. The two just continue their game and laughter. None of them realize that someone else entered and was now in the house until the person himself spoke up with confusion on obvious annoyance on his tone, "What's going on?"