Chapter: VII

Football ± Theatre ± LAN = Us

 

Kiky said her thanks as the waitress came and placed her slice of cake on their table. It was the very last piece of the famous red velvet cheesecake cake of Café Chu. She happily take her fork out and taste it. Her expression turned into a dreamy one as the delicate sweet and sour taste welcomed her tongue. This surely is one of the best cake she'd ever taste.

The boy chuckled as he look at her expression. He was sipping down his drink as he sits in front of her. It was actually the very first time he ever ask a girl out for a slice of cake. But by far, in all honesty, he thinks he's doing a good job.

"This is heaven" Kiky said as she take another cut "No wonder this café's so popular now"

"I can't believe you haven't come nor taste the food here" Hyuk said, amused "I thought all normal teenagers had gone here. Even for only taking selfies and such pictures"

"Well excuse me, I had school to deal with"

Hyuk chuckled, "You know, now that I think about it, I find your sarcasms are quite funny, actually. Maybe I was just too pissed off the other day to not recognize it before"

Kiky placed her cutlery down. She raised an eyebrow as she scans Hyuk from head to toe. He was smiling casually yet it surely make Kiky even more suspicious, "Okay, drop the nice little sweet words. What do you want, Sanghyuk?"

"What do you mean?" Hyuk asked. This time it was him that's raising his eyebrow "And what's with the 'Sanghyuk' name. I told you to just call me Hyuk"

"Okay, Hyuk," Kiky quoted his name "You were such jerk yesterday and days before, so why're you being all nice and well mannered like this now? What do you want? If you're bribing me so that I'll quite the production, then no can do. I need extra credit for theatre class"

Hyuk scoffed, "Who cares about the production, I just wanted to apologize"

"Apologize?" Kiky asked, unamused "What for?"

"For being such jerk. I didn't mean to cause you such pain about the computer lab thing. I was just, you know.. Under pressure"

"Under pressure?" She asked, raising her eyebrow high "From the game?"

Hyuk nodded.

"You're a one weird kid, Han Sanghyuk"

He chuckled, "Call me whatever you want, but I'm seriously asking you for forgiveness. I mean, come on I'm being a nice guy here. It's not everyday you see this type of Han Sanghyuk"

"Okay," she said, still suspicious about the sudden apologize. But Hyuk showed no sign of goofiness nor joke and it's starting to make her believe him. Somehow. Even after how annoying he was on the other day "You're truly asking for forgiveness?"

"Yeah"

"No any hidden means or anything?"

"Nope" Hyuk said, fully determined "No other means, no hidden will, no nothing. Just pure apologize"

"Serious? Seriously serious with no other purposes nor force?"

"Well," Hyuk finally started to say the truth "Mr. Namgung kinda told me to just break down the ice wall between us since we're gonna be working together for the next months, so.. Yeah. He kinda told me to do this. But I'm doing it on my will, though! I mean, the apologize and the cake, it's all sincere. I could just forget what he said about the production but well.. I'm here"

Kiky sighed. She stared at Hyuk once more before finally making up her mind, "Call. You're paying this cake anyway, so yeah sure. Apology accepted"

The boy chuckled and sip his beverage again. It's quite awkward to see how the two finally settle down and just try to be 'normal' friends. They hated each other an hour ago, so. Yet the two then eventually got in the moment and start to talk like real friends. Who knows that such little action can make two different people be friend with each other, right?

They started to talk about their classes and how strange it is for them to not know each other. They'd been the student of Starlight High School since the freshmen year, then how come they don't know each other? Moreover, they used to be under the same club, the photography and peer helper. Also, one school's theater production where Hyuk became the understudy and Kiky became the property manager. Yet still, they don't know each other till few days ago when they fought for the computer lab. So near yet so far, huh?

Running out of topic, the two then discuss about their upcoming drama performance. Finally to get to the main reason why they setlled down, they thought. It feels a lot better now to talk about it after their 'problem' got settled down. No more sarcasm, no more rude tones, no more awkwardness, just pure friendly atmosphere. 

"Oh, Romeo, Romeo. Where for our thou, Romeo" Kiky read her script "Deny thy father and refuse thy name.. Okay this is not how it's suppose to sound like"

"Yeah.. Well the script is from the original story and it's.. Quite hard to act with it. The language used is just.. Too old"

"I know," she agreed "It's old. Like your face"

Hyuk shows a smug grin, "Hey! That wasn't on the script!"

"Yeah, but that's the truth" Kiky joked, being as comfortable as ever "But yeah, it really is old. Why can't we just do Grease or Wedding Singer or even, High School Musical! I mean, they're old, but not that old"

"Well Romeo and Juliet is classic and I think all of your suggestions just now are just typical teenage love story, isn't it? I know none but High School Musical" Hyuk chuckled.

Kiky raised an eyebrow, "You're kidding me, right?"

"No"

"No?! You haven't watch Grease or Wedding Singer?! Oh my God!"

"What, I'm not a huge fan of romance stories, so"

"Yeah right, you're more of an all Sci-Fi movies now, aren't you?" She rolled her eyes "But come on, everyone must've at least watch Grease and Wedding Singer once in their life time! It's like watching Titanic, you know? You haven't live till you watch these movies"

"You know a lot of movies and theatre related stuffs, don't you?" Hyuk asked, amused.

"You can say so. I'm just a big fan of movies, but well, yeah kinda" Kiky shrugged, feeling like she's just complimented when she's actually not "You know what, since you're being a nice boy today and paid me my cake, I'll return the favor by treating you to watch the Wedding Singer musical next week. Also, we can watch Grease in my place, if you want"

Hyuk raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yup. But if you're coming to my place, bring some food cause I'm not gonna serve you any"

"No biggie. I can bring the whole store in, if you want" Hyuk said, grinning "Where's your house, by the way?"

"It's on-" Kiky stopped her words. She just realize that at the moment, she doesn't have any house. She's living under Seungcheol's parents's house and of course, she can't bring Hyuk to that house. Her parents's house? It's still quite a big risk if she brings him there. I mean, wouldn't her parents question who he is? Why would she bring a stranger instead of Seungcheol to her parents's house, right?

"Kiky?" Hyuk questioned.

"O-Oh um, well.. I'm living at my cousin's house now so I think it'll be inappropriate if I bring a friend over cause you know.. They're kinda strict and everything. Why don't we postponed the coming to my house thing until I move back to my real house?"

"Sure thing. We're not in a rush for it anyway, so yeah, of course" Hyuk smiled.

Kiky sighed. Good thing he bought my lie, she thought "But we're still coming for the next week's musical, right? I'm paying this one and you can't say no!"

He chuckled, "Sure"

***

"Kiky noona?" Hansol questioned as he saw her coming into the house "Where were you? Who's that?"

"Oh, he's just a friend of mine" Kiky said simply "Is Abbeonim and Eomonim home?"

"No, they're out for a dinner with Dad's colleagues" Hansol said, not moving his eyes from the very last spot he saw a guy fetching Kiky home. He was wearing the same uniform as Kiky, so no doubt that he was from his school. Hansol couldn't see his face cause he was wearing a helmet, but he's surely was smiling when Kiky said her thanks for driving her home. It just somehow showed from his body language "Was that your close friend, noona?"

"Yeah, just now.. Kinda.. I mean, sort of" Kiky said, smiling. This surely makes Hansol grow his suspicion even more "Is Seungcheol home?"

"Yeah, hyung's upstairs.."

"Okay then, I'll go up, okay?" Kiky smiled, leaving Hansol who's only nodding his head. Still stoned like from the sight he just saw.

Oh my God, don't tell me Kiky noona's also in a relationship.. Hansol thought. As much as he wants to ignore his brother's marriage, he just can't shrug off the fact that that brother of his is too ignorant about his own wife. He cares too less yet gives his full attention to someone who doesn't even worth that much. And by this, Hansol meant Jeje. Something about Seungcheol's relationship with Jeje that made him despise it so much, yet he just can't call what it was. He's probably just disappointed on Seungcheol for committing into a relationship when he's already arranged for a marriage. I mean, wouldn't you feel so? He expected his hyung to be and know much more better than that, but well.. Seungcheol has his own choice, I suppose.

Coming back to Kiky, she happily opened their bedroom and was greeted by the pissed off look from Seugcheol's face. Yet, she didn't realize it, "Hey, Seungcheol!"

He hummed. 

"I just tried the best cake in the world, oh my God" Kiky said happily as she sits on the edge of the bed "We should've ordered it for our wedding cake. I mean, our wedding cake was also good, but this was just.. I don't know how to explain it, it's just really really good!"

Seungcheol scoffed as he shifted from his laying position. Truth to be told, he was actually watching Kiky when the roar of Hyuk's motorbike engine fills in the air. You can literally hear it from 2 blocks away and Seungcheol couldn't stop himself from jumping over to the window and peek from upstair. He saw the two, stopping right in front of his door house. The two got a lot closer, he thought, "Really? Where?"

"Café Chu! Have you been there? It's a very nice place, I'm telling you! And the food there.. Oh my God, heaven! If we were to ever have our personal chef, then I want the café Chu's chef to be ours" Kiky said dreamily "But anyway, have you been there?"

"Yeah, just now" Seungcheol said, completely forgetting that he was in a secret mission to follow her earlier "I mean, yeah.. I've went there with Jeje"

"Oh.. Have you tried the red velvet cheesecake? It's really good" she said, trying to hide her pissed off tone when Jeje's name was mentioned. Not that she hate her or anything, she just find it annoying how everytime she talks about something, Seungcheol would always link it with Jeje. 'Jeje and I'd done this' 'Jeje and I'd gone to this' 'Jeje and I'd eaten this' everything done with Jeje. Is she her girlfriend or her nanny?!

"No. But we'll surely try it once we go out again"

Kiky nodded. Everytime Seungcheol talk about Jeje, the atmosphere would turn bitter. She wasn't jealous, for God's sake no. It's just that, wouldn't you feel irritated everytime someone else's name's mentioned on every story you're talking about?

"Oh, good then" she said "Have you eaten?"

"Yeah, just now after practice. Me and Jeje went to grab some food"

Again with Jeje, she mumbled to herself "Okay then. I'll go down and find something to eat. The cake didn't really fill up my stomach"

Seungcheol nodded, but before Kiky left the room he stopped her again, "Would you like to come for a party this Sunday? The squad's throwing some celebration, you should come. I mean, it's my requested rule, right? For you to come to my parties and hang outs"

"Sure" she smiled.

"Great" Seungcheol recalled "You'll be our special guest, then. Jeje'll be pleased to know you'll come"

Pft, yeah right. Why would a girl who's boyfriend's married to another girl be pleased when she's coming to their party? And oh my God, Jeje again. Can we at least have one single conversation where Jeje's not involved?! Kiky grumbled to herself but she only nod at Seungcheol. She doesn't have a right to forbid him to do so cause if we take a look at it again, it's his right to talk about whoever he wants. And, who knows, maybe it's just his personal thing to talk about his girlfriend, right?

Kiky then finally exit the room. She took a deep breath, trying to control her annoyance. I swear to God, if Seungcheol was to marry someone else, I bet that person had already turned him into a dead meat. I mean, who wouldn't be pissed off if someone else's names constantly mentioned on your conversations?! Oh God, help me..