Fear

My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• CHAERIN'S POV •

 

Immediately upon leaving Dara's apartment, at which point I could be left alone with my thoughts, I suddenly got nervous. Up until this point, Dara had told me that things were completely over with her ex-girlfriend, and I believed her. Even still, I believed her; if she'd told me they were just friends, they were just friends. Fine. But the one detail she'd left out this entire time, was that Taeyeon was incredibly good looking.

 

See, that's the problem with some girls. They play games, they fight dirty, they get manipulative and controlling and underhanded, they , you fight, you leave them...but then they look like that. And suddenly "leave them" is a completely different prospect. Not that I had any say in who Dara was friends with, not even who she hooked up with besides me, really; we weren't officially exclusive. And I obviously didn't have any say in who she saw before me.

 

But was that what Dara really wanted? They'd been together for two years. She'd loved her. Now, she said she loved me, but did she really? Did she love me in the same way, after knowing me for a matter of weeks, that she'd loved Taeyeon , who she'd had such a close bond with? What inspired the most fear in me was that I was nothing like Taeyeon . She was serious, driven, focused; a paralegal; with goals, a career, and a lot of money. I was a high school student, a total mess, with no idea where I was going in life. She was strikingly gorgeous, and as far as I could see, I was just average. She'd accepted all of Dara's affection - given, between intermittent periods of fighting - but I was almost afraid to do that.

 

The fact that I was so preoccupied over Taeyeon was really just my fear for what I'd done wrong. I hadn't been overly affectionate. I hadn't always let her in. I'd built up walls, long before I even knew her, that in order for me to be totally open to her and give her what she wanted, had to be broken down.

 

As fa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter