Dara's Pov

My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• DARA'S POV •

 

"I don't even wanna go," I protested from behind the door. "They're all your friends. I don't even know half of them."

 

"You know me," she offered as if it were any consolation.

 

"That doesn't matter. You'll be hanging out with all of them, and I'll have to meet them and pretend I'm happy to be there so they don't get all upset..."

 

"You'll have to pretend you're happy to be there so I don't get all upset. This is for my work, Dara, and you're my girlfriend. Act like it."

 

"But tomorrow's the first day of school, and I have to get there early." I tried as a different excuse. "My job is important, too."

 

"Well you can get there as early as you want, Dara. Tomorrow. After tonight."

 

"You're being unreasonable," I pouted though she couldn't see me from out in the hallway. "Well, you do it often enough. Let me have a turn."

 

"Fine," I sighed, opening the door in a high-low black satin dress with a plunging halter neckline. "Tonight is your night to be unreasonable. How do I look?"

 

She took me all in, and I admittedly loved having her check me out. "y," she confirmed as she spun me around. "Too y. Change."

 

"Taeyeon!"

 

"Dara!" She imitated, her expression emoting that she didn't know why I would be upset. "I can't go out with you looking like that. I can't worry all night about all my colleagues checking you out."

 

"What percentage of your colleagues are lesbians?" I questioned incredulously.

 

"What percentage are straight males with eyes?" she retorted.

 

"You don't have to worry about me and straight males, Taeyeon," I said slowly and condescendingly, with edge in my voice. "If you haven't realized, I'm not interested."

 

"It doesn't matter! Look, will you please just put on something a little more conservative? We have to leave in less than an hour."

 

"Ugh, you are so impossible!"

 

"It's my night, remember?"

 

"Ugh!" I repeated as I shut my bedroom door. I heard her walk off to the living room, probably to let me cool off, and so I sat on my bed and gave my attention to my phone, which had been ringing. It was Bom.

 

"Hey, Bommie," I smiled into the phone, hiding how pissed off I was. "What's up?"

 

"Hey," she replied, sounding nonchalant. "I was wondering what you're doing tonight. I feel like going out."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter