six.

Unspoken Jealousy
 
Chapter six.
to love someone is nothing, to be loved by someone is something, but to be loved by the one you love is everything.
A

 beautiful young female was soundly asleep on her silk-covered bed. Her chest along with the piece of white blanket covering her body moved up and down periodically, following each and every one of her calm and stable breath. Her face showed no fault nor sins. It was almost as if she was only a baby, peacefully deep in her slumber.

By the young female's bedside, sat an undeniably handsome young man, totally matching the perfectly sculpted figure of the sleeping beauty lying in front of him. The male had been staring at the girl faithfully since a couple of hours prior, never letting his soft and warm gaze off her.

That man was Lu Han.

He had made sure that he was there by his fiance — Jung Hee's — bedside by 6 in the morning, trying to make sure that he would be the one her beautiful eyes' first vision be when they open up. He had been sitting there for two hours now, and there was no signs still of her waking up.

Lu Han sighed. He understood completely that Jung Hee had been through a very tough time these past week — first with the accident, and her sister's sudden death trailing right behind. It had hurt him much like some knife had been stabbed right through his heart over and over after he saw what impact had swiftly found its way to Jung Hee's personal, how he found the traumas much too toilsome for Jung Hee to carry. Deep, deep in his heart, he was desperately asking himself what he could do to make Jung Hee's pains fade away somehow.

Slowly — and without even his full permission — Lu Han's finger seemed to move by themselves, finding their way to Jung Hee's soft cheek. As he caressed the smooth surface of her face, it was as if Lu Han was realizing it for the first time, that Jung Hee's face and body was almost full with slowly fading scratch marks. Lu Han's heart clenched at the sight; it had hit him with realization that the accident almost 7 days ago wasn't a mere hallucination, and that it would open up the wounds in Jung Hee's heart everytime she'd look at them.

For a minute, the tall male kept his lover's cheek lovingly, and ever so softly, as if he didn't want to harm the girl even with any slight harshness from his touch. His eyes never left her sleeping face.

"Is this world even fair? how can a girl still look so much like a godess in her condition like this?" Lu Han thought. He had always known that his fiance was pretty, but he didn't know she was this pretty.

After quite some time — a minute or two, probably — it seemed like Jung Hee had realized the constant touches on her cheek. She flinched.

Lu Han was called back to reality when a soft sleepy moan escaped Jung Hee's vocal chords. He didn't take his eyes off her as he slowly pulled his hand away from her face. An almost inaudible whimper was heard slipping out from her lips next. Lu Han observed as Jung Hee's expression gradually turned uneasy. That was when the realization hit him.

She was sleeptalking.

Sure, she couldn't really 'sleeptalk' anything since she couldn't even talk, but judging by the way she shifted uneasily on her bed from time to time, Lu Han easily concluded that she wasn't sleeptalking a good dream after all.

Lu Han started to panic, afraid that Jung Hee's behavior right now would be the starting point of the indications that something worse and complicated was going on with her. He was this close to grabbing the phone and calling the emergency number when he saw a tear rolled down Jung Hee's cheek, the exact same cheek he less than two minutes ago. But with that only, Lu Han felt as if his organs came to a halt altogether.

People who didn't know might wonder: why is he showing that much of a reaction? It's normal for people to tear up when they lose someone they love, right?

But that's not the case.

The thing is, that Jung Hee never cries. Even through the hardest times, she'll still manage to keep her warm and angelic peronality. So when Jung Hee cries, that would mean she was having some major, MAJOR stirs in her heart and mind; major mental stirs.

And truth to be told, this was the very first time Lu Han had seen Jung Hee's tears.

Lu Han bit his lips. He contemplated whether to wake Jung Hee up or to just let her be. should he wake her up? Yes, he thought so.

"Jung Hee?" he called her, toning down his voice to the softest frequency he could manage to get as his right hand reached to her shoulder, trying to shake her up from her slumber.

But Jung Hee wouldn't wake up.

So Lu Han tried again; shaking her shoulders again and calling her name again, while praying that she would wake up anytime soon. he just couldn't stand seeing the pain and tears on her face.

"Jung Hee! Wake up! Jung Hee!" He called her name frantically, but to no near future avail.

 

Finally, after at least 7 minutes of trying to wake Jung Hee's lost soul up, the girl finally opened her eyes. And oh, how relieved was Lu Han at the sight of Jung Hee's rounded eyes opening again.

Jung Hee almost shot out right from her bed, literally, as she woke up. Tears kept running a river down her cheeks from her red and swollen eyes. Her once stable breath was now outpacing the rhythm of a steam train, if we can put it in a dramatic way. 

"Jung Hee..." Lu Han croaked out, softly, trying to get her to realize that he was there; he wasn't just a standing mannequin.

And it seemed like Jung Hee finally managed to realize the presence of that particular someone else beside her, by her. Jung Hee turned her head to the source of the voice that called her name, so fast Lu Han assumed that she thought he was a ghost or something. But of course, her speculations was wrong, because she didn't meet with the scary, bloody face ghosts usually have, but instead she met with Lu Han's affectionate gaze, staring at her lovingly.

Though, it didn't seem like Jung Hee was any more delighted to see Lu Han's face. Her gaze that landed on him was pretty much empty. Instead, Lu Han had to witness as her dry lips started to tremble, and another drop of tear started running down her cheek.

Out of reflex, Lu Han quickly crashed unto Jung Hee, hugging her compassionately. His hands continuously rubbing her back to at least give her some strength as he felt warm drops starting to stain his shirt, as a result of Jung Hee's silent weeps against his clothing.

Lu Han let her be for the next few minutes, making sure she had released each and every drop of tears she had been bearing down since who-knows-how-long since this was the first time Lu Han had seen Jung Hee's tears, even after she found out about Jung Chae's death.

"Feel better now?" Softly, Lu Han made sure that she was done weeping before he pulled away from their hug. Feeling Jung Hee nodding against his chest, Lu Han took it as a permission to let the girl go from his embrace.

Lu Han pulled a chair closer and sat on it, his eyes never left Jung Hee's.

"Want to go for a walk a while with me?"

 

***

 

She fell down.

 

 

She got up, and ran again.

 

 

"Don't run."

 

 

There's that voice again.

 

 

She was starting to tear up.

 

 

"Who's there? Why is she running after me?" She thought.

 

 

 

"You know you can't run from me."

 

 

 

Seriously, she was going crazy.

 

 

 

She kept running for her life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

'zaap'

 

 

 

It was now dark. She couldn't even see herself.

 

 

 

"Please, please don't harm me..." she begged inside.

 

 

 

Suddenly, there was bright, white light coming from her backside.

 

 

 

 

"What is that?" She asked herself, turning her body around to the source of the bright light.

 

 

 

 

Her eyes were blinding. The lights were too bright.

 

 

 

 

"Does the voices I heard sourced from there?" She asked again. But to no found answers.

 

 

 

 

At least not until something — or someone — finally spoke up from inside the light.

 

 

 

"You..." a female voice spoke. It was the exact same voice she had heard from earlier "don't forget what you promised me..."

 

 

 

 

 

"Jung Hee!"

 

 

Wait, now there's a male voice? And it sounded so realistic.

 

 

"Jung Hee! Wake up! Jung Hee!"

 

 

Isn't that... Lu Han's voice?

 

And he's telling her to... wake up?

 

So that was all a dream? Only a dream?

Oh, thank goodness!

 

 

Now... how to wake up?

 

 

 

 

Out of nowhere, Jung Hee felt her body shaken almost furiously.

 

Suddenly, it wasn't so dark anymore.

She can see light! She can freaking see light!

 

She didn't even know how she did it, but the next thing Jung Hee knew was that she was now awake, sitting on her bed, panting hard, and she felt warm mini rivers gracing her cheeks.

No need to tell, she knew she just cried while 'sleeptalking' the dream she had earlier.

 

"You... don't forget what you promised me..."

 

Suddenly, the voice from earlier disrupted Jung Hee's relief. She now knew to whom the voice belonged to, but it didn't pleasant her even a bit.

 

"Jung Hee..." a male voice softly called.

 

Wait, she wasn't alone?

 

Jung Hee turned her head to the direction of the so-called voice in the speed of light, somehow afraid that the girl from her dream — her sister, sadly — would suddenly appear beside her from thin air. Even though she knew it wouldn't be possible that her sister would posess a voice so manly, but it's just to be safe.

It wasn't difficult for Jung Hee to realize the figure beside her was: Lu Han, her supposedly fiance.

She stared at him blankly, wondering why and how he managed to get to her bedside, and how she would act around him. While Lu Han on the other side, only stared at her lovingly (and freaking dreamily)

Too bad her thoughts were cut short by the horrible, horrible realization that she and Lu Han were — sadly — not alone in the room.

Peeking from behind Lu Han's shoulder was an almost-white figure that Jung Hee had seen in her dream earlier. With the face of her own late sister, Jung Hee couldn't react as the figure's hand slowly made its way to Lu Han's shoulder, and now was longingly staring at his ever-perfect face.

Seeing this scene, it had hit Jung Hee hard.

Right, she had a promise to fulfill.

It hadn't been this scary to fulfill the promise she had made to the almost-transparent figure behind Lu Han then. But why does the thought of it frightened her like never before now?

Without her consent, Jung Hee's eyes started to feel hotter and hotter. Her lips were starting to tremble. And without her knowing, tears started b down her cheeks.

Her tears had probably blinded Jung Hee's eyes for her to not notice that Lu Han was stepping closer to her. Next thing she knew, she was in a warm embrace she noticed as Lu Han's.

Jung Hee's heart nearly stopped.

 

Why does this feel so right?

 

In fact, it felt too right it should be illegal.

 

The girl knew — too well, in fact — that what she felt just now was illegal.

But she couldn't care less.

All she wanted right now was for time to stop.

 

She wanted to be in his embrace forever.