two.

Unspoken Jealousy
Chapter two.
time is free, but it's priceless. you can't own it, but you can use it. you can't keep it, but you can spend it. once you've lost it, you'll never get it back
T

he big clock hanging on the wall of the school's main hall struck four. It marked the end of the long and exhausting school day. In less than five minutes, students were already filling the halls, chattering and whatnots about the joy of finally being able to go home.

The three friends we've met earlier, though, — Jung Hee, Jung Chae, and Jun Hong — weren't exactly an exception of those who are glad about all the learnings for the day being over. They were pretty much as glad as the others were; it was quite obvious judging from the wide smiles on their faces. Like Jun Hong, who smiled once even when he was non-stop-ly blabbering about how bad the penalty he got earlier for talking in class was; or Jung Chae, who — without caring about poor Jun Hong's complaints — kept ignoring him and instead latched herself to Jung Hee, trying to persuade her to go shopping later using her infamous aegyo and sweet smile; while mature Jung Hee only kept quiet and smiled at her friend and sister's child-like behaviours.

"Ah, right," out of nowhere, Jun Hong seemed to have remembered something. Both Jung Hee and Jung Chae looked at him, confused.

"What is it, Junnie?" Jung Chae asked, being agreed at by her sister's curious stare at Jun Hong.

"You, Jung Chae,"

The said girl's eyes widen as she pointed at herself in shock. "Me? What about me?"

"I didn't get to hear the full reason why you were looking so uneasy today. I need answers, Chae; you know what a curious man I am," Jun Hong stated, making the twin beauties in front of him smile.

True, he didn't get to hear the full reason as to why Jung Chae looked uneasy at class that day. As expected, he got moved to detention by their teacher when he got caught half-shouting 'yah' in class earlier, before Jung Chae even had a chance to explain why she 'didn't even know what happened' further.

"Ah, that?" Jung Chae giggled "I already said I don't know. I just felt bad feelings about something — you know, like the kind of feeling people have when something bad is about to happen. But Hee unnie told me it's probably just my hormones acting up, so I'm fine now," she finished with a smile, and an approving nod from Jung Hee who was standing beside her.

Jun Hong sighed. Okay then, he thought. He was just glad that nothing bad had seemed to happen around the sisters. He glanced at Jung Chae, then Jung Hee. He smiled. Jung Hee, that charisma as always. No one can get uncomfortable around her...

The three stood quietly without a reason for a while, before a voice broke the 'silence' between them.

"Jung Hee!"

It was a male voice. It was a voice pretty much familiar to both Jung Hee and Jung Chae's ears (even though not that much familiar to Jung Hong's). And definitely owned by somebody who has a special meaning to both, as Jung Hee and Jung Chae instantly attempted to find the direction where the voice sourced.

It didn't take long to find the male, actually, 100% accurately being the guy Jung Hee and Jung Chae expected him to be.

Lu Han.

The 170-something tall, handsome guy with the girl-like perfectly sculpted features, georgeous doe-like eyes, and a killer smile that can melt probably a few dozen humans in one go. And there he was, plastering that particular million-dollar smile at the three's direction. 

Well, particularly at Jung Hee.

Of course, why wouldn't he be smiling at Jung Hee? She was his fiance, anyway...

Yes, fiance. Engaged, betrothed, affianced... that's what Lu Han and Jung Hee was. But if you thought their betrothal was planned by their parents (judging from Lu Han's status as a billionaire's son as well), then you're wrong. They simply fell in love with each other, and their parents approved, seeing a bright chance to merge their companies together through their children's marriage. It's like hitting two birds with one stone, no? The children getting their happy marriage, and the parents get their investments. Everyone's happy!

And that happiness was written all over the two lovers' faces. Just see how Jung Hee instantly wore her best smile as she leaped her way to Lu Han's embrace, who gladly squeezed her in his arms. The couple looked so happy to see each other, even as they pulled away from the hug (which was starting to attract people's attention, by the way).

Still with a wide smile on his face, Lu Han closed the gap between his lips and Jung Hee's forehead. "I missed you, beautiful," he said straightforwardly. Jung Hee didn't seem to mind. Instead, she just closed her eyes, enjoying Lu Han's gentle touch. She nodded, as if saying 'I know', making Lu Han's smile grew wider.

Such a romantic scene, isn't it? It'll leave a sweet taste inside you even when you're only looking at the couple from a distance. Almost every person would think that they were perfect for each other, and some may even wish that they would just quickly get married and have children as beautiful as their parents.

But of course, not all people think the same way.

It wasn't a thing the couple noticed, though, as a girl and a boy sadly watched them from afar; probably jealous, probably hurt. You've probably guessed by now, but who else would it be aside from Jung Chae and Jun Hong?

Jung Chae sighed. It has been forever did she started to harbor feelings for the man who was now wearing a couple edition diamond ring with her own sister. Maybe even longer than Jung Hee did. Jung Chae couldn't deceive herself to believe that she didn't like Lu Han anymore. Psh, it's probably that one thing that is not going to happen ever in Jung Chae's life! But what can she do when the man she loved was now safely secured in the arms of the person she would even die for?

"So that's why people said the world is only yours when you're in love,"

Jung Chae looked up, her eyes now met with Jun Hong's sad expression. His eyes were fixed to Jung Hee and Lu Han's direction. Hence the fact that she carried the 'tough girl' persona with her, but having a weak heart, Jung Chae couldn't stand looking at her friend's hurtful expression, so she quickly diverted her gaze to anywhere but Lu Han, Jung Hee, or Jun Hong. Jung Chae then chuckled bitterly.

"Cut it off, Jun Hong; we all know you like Jung Hee unnie," Jung Chae stated tonelessly; her smile slowly fading "and now I know why people said who you're friends with reflects who you are,"

Jun Hong turned to Jung Chae, his face showed that he was completely clueless about what she said; probably that last sentence.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we're so much alike, you and I..." Jung Chae answered "we're able to love, but... unable to be loved back..."

A twitch could be seen at the corner of Jung Chae's lips. It was only now that Jun Hong noticed Chae's glistening eyes, most probably caused by a layer of transparent liquid that was starting to blur her sight.

Without Jun Hong noticing, he was now staring deeply at Jung Chae's expression. His heart clenched somehow seeing her like this. Well, she was his friend after all, right? Jun Hong was lost in his thoughts, trying to unravel the hidden meanings behind Jung Chae's words. If there was ever one. Sure, it has been forever since he first started to notice Jung Chae's special feelings for her soon-to-be brother in law that she sealed a little too tightly inside her heart until it squeezed her heart along to the point it must've hurt her badly, so if anything, Jun Hong knew just a little bit too well about what Jung Chae was trying to say.

But if so, why does it seem like there was more to her words earlier than that? And what?

The boy was woken up to reality when Jung Chae faked a few coughs. She was now wiping one or two drops of tears she'd shed. Right, when did she shed those tears anyway?

But that's not the most important thing right now, isn't it?

Jun Hong traced Jung Chae's beautifully sculpted face. She was now — forcedfully, as it seemed to Jun Hong — smiling at him.

"Aigoo... never mind what I said. Let's go to Hee unnie!" Jung Chae beamed.

Psh. You and your faked happiness, Jung Chae. Jun Hong thought as he trailed the girl's movements, running closer to her smiling sister and her fiance.

Jun Hong shook his previous thoughts off.

"Ain't got no time for this now. Just think about it later, Junnie..."