prologue.

Unspoken Jealousy
Prologue.
a woman without her sister is like a bird without wings
I

t is not a secret anymore as to whom the Jungs are. One of the most powerful and influential families in all of South Korea, owner of the numerous branches of a well-known franchise mini-market, and home to two of the most sought after bachelorettes in all the land: twin sisters, Jung Hee and Jung Chae.

It was also a basic thing to know on how 'perfect' the sister's lives were. How could it not be? They were rich, pretty, supposedly smart, and most importantly, they were well-loved by many. Born as the only two children of Mr and Mrs. Jung, the both of them were spoiled with luxuries and amenities ever since the second they got in contact with earth's air. Though, none of them grew to be spoiled or arrogant; well, they were pretty much normal from the looks of it.

But even though the two twins were both beautiful, smart, and pretty much two of the most popular girls in their respective school, deep inside their hearts, they knew it wasn't enough to satisfy their hearts.

Despite being twins, both girls were very diferent from one another, and none can live if not under the shadows of the other. Jung Chae, being the younger one, was very much maknae-like. she was cheerful, lovable, and socialite. Many people are comfortable around her, especially when she starts to crack jokes or say nicely appealing phrases. Well, Jung Chae had always been the linguistic genius, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise to know that she's good with words.

Jung Hee, on the other hand, wasn't as much into socializing as her younger twin does. Rather than blending in with other people, she preferred to lock herself inside her room, sketching, or playing the piano or the cello, both instruments she can decently make enticing notes with. Though, it didn't seem that Jung Hee even needed to socialize at all. Her persona being the quiet one, the sophisticated one, the poised and gentle one, the girl-next-door one; seemed to be enough to build a particular charisma that attracted many people to come closer to her.

Though, with completely different personalities, both girls have lived 17 years of their lives alongside each other in peace, without any particular effectful incidents. In actual, the girls were actually really close. Close enough to the point they would say 'yes' as an answer to the question 'would you die for your sister?'. So it's obvious enough how the girls loved each other. It's just that their sisterly love has never been put to an ultimate test.

 

 

Well, at least up until now

 

***