Trust

Ice Princess

Chapter 5

Trust- firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

"relations have to be built on trust"

synonyms: confidence, belief, faith, certainty, assurance, conviction, credence; reliance

"good relationships are built on trust"
 


Min

After the emotional rollercoaster from two days ago, I'm actually kinda of glad to be getting back to my normal schedule. That is until I see one particular idiot when I get out the limo.

"Min my dear I missed you so." Zico announces while hugging me.

"Zico why the are you touching me?"

"Because I want to show you my undying love for you."

"And I want to show you the barrel of a shotgun, but I'm not doing that."
"Damn girl why you so cold?" Kyung ask.

I roll my eyes, and pull away from Zico. He pulls me back into his arms.
"Zico let go."

"No."

"Zico let me go."

His hold seems to tighten, and I start to feel a little panicked. But I keep that hidden.

"Zico I swear to god..."

"Kiss me, and I'll let you go."
"Hell no."

"It's the only way I'll let you go."

Suddenly I feel a warm familiar hand pull me away from Zico, and into him.

"The lady said let her go Zico."

"And look who it is Mr. Prince charming himself ladies, and gentlemen it's Bang Yongguk!"

"I'd rather be prince charming than an ."

I watch the two of them intently.

"Besides we were only having a little fun right Min?"

Yongguk looks down at me, and I shake my head no. He looks back up at Zico.

"You enjoyed it, and you know it." Zico sneers, he turns and starts to walk away, and we do the same. I hear something sharp cut the wind.
 

Yongguk

Min grabs me spinning me away from where I was walking I look towards her to see why. But stop short of asking. She has one large cut under her eye, while he side appears to be cut badly. I look towards Zico to see two metal fans dripping blood.

"Nice save Min, but can you do it again?"

She staggers towards me, but I know she won't make it this time. I close my eyes, and wait,but nothing happens. I crack them open to see everything has stopped. Even the fan blade has stopped short of decapitating me. 
"Kai just let me kick his one good time!!!!"

No!!! Riyuk just calm down. unfreeze Min, and Yongguk so we can make sure their okay."

Someone places a hand on my shoulder, and I can move again. He does the same to Min, and she falls to the ground in pain.

"Yongguk are you okay?" Kai asked worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, but Min got hurt saving me."

He nods towards me, and goes over to Min.

"Riyuk call Shin, and I swear to god if you touch Zico I'll kick your ."
The guy named Riyuk rolls his eyes, but complies.

"Shin we need you here ASAP Min hot hurt, and she way to weak to heal herself."

He pause listening to the other line.

"We're in front of SM hall. Min bleeding out so hurry."

"Come Min stay awake you fan go to sleep." Kai says trying to keep her conscious.

I look at Zico completely frozen, completely helpless, it makes the anger burning within me turn into desire. The desire to end him. All it would take was one fatal wound, and he would be through. I reach for the gun I keep on me. When my hand grips the cold metal I feel anticipation build up in me. But a hand stops me. I look over to see Himchan.

"Yongguk it isn't your place. Right now you place is by Min's side, and that's the only place you need to be."

My hand Leaves the gun, and I look to Min. She's breathing harshly, and there's a boy who I guess is Shin. I walk towards them my feet feeling like lead. I fall to my knees next to Kai.

"Don't worry she's tough. She been through a lot worse before she was even a part of this life."

I look over at Kai confused
.
"What do you mean by that?"

He looks from me to Min, and bites his lip.

"Yongguk I think it's time you learned Mins history."

"What happened that's so important Kai?"

"Well..."

"Well it begins with her past. Her father was a genius scientist. Does the name Jin-Sang Park ring a bell?"

"Yeah he was, and is a genius biologist correct?" I answers.

"That is Min's birth father. And also somebody who threatens her life. You see the way I came to meet Min wasn't the way I had planned it."

"What do you mean?" I asks.

My curiosity about her growing deeper.

"Lucas wasn't planning on meeting her until she was an adult, but her father complicated things. Min, and her mother had been kidnapped. Now you would think a loving husband, and father would glad to sacrifice himself for his family. That wasn't the case though." Kai says sourly.

" He had used them as human shields so those after him wouldn't get to him. Now this went on more than once but this time was different. The people who had them were willing to use any means necessary to get what they wanted from him."

"So what exactly happened that day? What does it have to do with how Min is now." I ask quietly.

"Well they had sent a video to him of his wife being tortured he ignored it. Finally they killed her all in front of Min's eyes. By the time Lucas got there Min was on the verge of death so Lucas turned her. Lucas tried to save her mother,but it was to late. There had been to long of a time frame to turn her." he goes silent as if giving honor to Min's mother.

" So  he took Min with him, and had those men killed. He called her father explaining that she was with me and was safe. Lucas asked him to come get her. The two weeks later he came, but it wasn't to take Min back. It was terrible what he said about her. Then after he said that Lucas realized Min had been listening. That night she changed. She became extremely cold hearted, and would isolate herself. Lucas adopted her in the hopes he could help fix that."

"What exactly could her father have said to change her so much? I mean she's been like this for what 10 years?" Himchan suddenly questions.

"She's served her purpose, and for all I care she could have died that day with wretch of a mother." Min ran away crying to her room. She locked herself up,and wouldn't eat, or allow any in to see her." Kai replies sadly.

Lucas was appalled,and enraged all he could think, and say was:

"how could anyone say that about their child. It just doesn't make sense to me."

"When she finally came out of her room she had changed from the bright cheery girl I had meet two weeks ago into a cold person. She wouldn't even talk to me, or Lucas's, but slow she opened up to my Mi Sun Lucas's wife. When his wife had Mei something changed in her. She suddenly wasn't as cold as she used to be. And was always there for Mei. Things were slowly improving."

"Then when Mi Sun..." Himchan started, but didn't finish.

"Then his wife Mi Sun was murder. One day some unknown men showed up at the house. She made Min take Mei, and run to find Lucas while she stayed behind. Min found Lucas and he rushed home. But his wife was dead. Min cried for the second time in all the time I've known her, but the next day that cold hearted child had returned. The only people she showed any type of emotion to were an are still Mei, and Lucas."

"That is until you came."

"So that still doesn't explain why you need us."

"Well her father seems to have taken an interest in using her as some type of lab rat. I'm not sure how, but he knows she has powers, and is no longer human. There have been  five different attempts to kidnap her though she is clueless to this. Lucas needs someone that he feel like he can trust to watch her, and insure her safety. Min is truly like a daughter to him, and she is like a mother to Mei. We all care about her very much. We don't want her to keep being hurt because of that man."

"So what about that one over there." I hiss.

"Not much we can do he's one of the big three leaders like your dad, and Lucas. They set the rules, and can do what they want. Though unfortunately his gang is the most powerful so he holds most of the power."

"Well power he could have killed me, and Min. If did something like that I be hunted down.

"You know better than I do that power is everything in this world whether your human, or nonhuman gaining power in the underworld is the only way to make it." Kai growls his eyes flashing red,and hair from brown to blonde for a moment.

I begin to ask, but he answers for me.

"Yes I'm a vampire, all of the Zodiacs are."

I nod at him then look back at Min. She's peaceful now though very pale. 
"Is she okay?"

"Yeah she's stabilized now, though it was close because of the damage to her liver. I'm Shin by the way. My powers healing if you couldn't tell."

I nod towards him, but turn back to Min. She's beginning to stir. Her eyes open first they scan around looking for something until they land on me. She seems to relax, and slowly sits up. When she sees Zico a low rumble emits from her. Her eyes start turning blue, and her hair begins to turn white.

"Oh everybody get out of here now!!!!" I hear someone yell.

Time begins to move again, and the fan flies past where I was, and back into Zico's hand. He looks down at Min, and smirks his eyes hinting something I don't understand. I can feel it getting cold around us so I grab Min's hand.

"Min calm down you have to calm down."

"He almost killed me,but more importantly you so he needs a taste of his own medicine."

I grab her face, and turn it towards me. We're now inches away from each other.

"Min stop it, and trust me."

Min

"Min stop it, and trust me."

And I stop I can feel my powers coming back into control as I look into his eyes. I'm lost in them, his eyes hold so many things. But right now they hold certainty, assurance, and  reliance. Right now the hold trust.

"Okay I'll trust you."

Then I black out.