As Long As Your In My Arms

Ice Princess

Chapter 13


no point of view

"Everythings going smoothly I presume Zico?" Jing-Sang questions.


"Yes Jin-Sang the bomb has been planted, and the timers ticking down."

 
"Good. No child of mine will live if they have served their purpose. Min, and he brother should never have lived this long, but this plan will insure that they both die." He replies cooly.


"And with the Zodiac, and Yongguks gangs. weakened I can crush them finally claiming the Korean Black market as mine." Zico eyes turn black as ebony for a moment before returning to brown.


"It's a win win for us."


"Though I will miss my toy, I can always find another girl like her."


Zico leaves the room, and Jin-Sang reclines back in his chair.


"My dear son, and daughter you should have stayed dead."

 

Min


I guess Yongguk is okay. He's different from Zico, he doesn't care that I don't give him a ton of attention. He just wants to see me happy. I don't really remember what it's like having someone be that loving. I know my mother was the same, but it's been so long since she's been gone. I'm falling for him,and with each step we take, each memory I reclaim I fall even more irrevocably in love with him. But something still nags me all the time. Why? Why did Zico do this? What could he seek to gain from all this? A thought keeps running through my head,and no matter how much I try I can't shut it out. I'm going to die.

 

Yongguk


Min seems uneasy,and she's been acting a little strange. I'm worried about her, and I think she's hiding something. Her smile seems a bit off, and she's hiding her arms. I have an idea of what it could be, but I don't want to believe it's true. So tonight I've decided I'm going to confirm it. I wait until I know she's asleep for sure then I enter her room. She's snuggled into her blankets so I have to carefully unravel her making sure not to wake her. When that's done I pull her sleeve up exposing her arm. I gasp a little louder than I should, and her eyes fly open. She looks from me to her arm, and runs. I start to chase after her, but something holds me back. I turn to see Kai behind me.


"Just go here. This is where she's heading."


"A graveyard why is she..."


"She's visiting our mother."


A sudden realization hits. Of course she run to a familiar place. I nod to Kai in thanks, and head to my car. I drive slowly to the graveyard trying to allow Min time to be alone, but it's not long before I'm at the gates. I turn my car off, and hop the fence landing quietly on the other side. I look at the map Kai drew me. The grave is off to the left. I follow a beaten path down into a shady looking part of the cemetery. I find it hard to believe that such a rich man would bury his wife in such a ty place. But as some of the overgrowth starts to clear I can see Min sitting next to a crumbling tombstone. Her back is to me, but I can hear her crying.

"Omma I'm losing it. I'm losing everything, and it's all because of that man. He let you die, he sends evil my way, and now he comes for my life. He's going to kill me I know it. What should I do omma? What should I do?"


She dissolves into tears. I slowly approach her. When I'm right behind her I pull her into a strong hug. She holds onto me tightly.


"I'm scared Yongguk. I'm scared."


"As long as your in my arms you'll be fine."


"Then let me take her from you hands."


I'm slammed to the ground, and Min is ripped from my arms.


"It's time for you to say Goodbye Bang Yongguk."


I close my eyes, the shots ring out, but I know when something falls on me that I'm not the one who took the bullet.