When The Dust Clears

Ice Princess

Chapter 10

 

Min

He dropped me off at the front door. They had given me fresh clothes, and allowed me to bathe, and wash my hair. All signs of my abuse were now hidden. The only thing that wouldn't disappear is the mark. His mark showing that he's mine, and I'm his. A single letter was now display on my skin, the letter b. I can't erase this mark, I can't erase the disgust in my eyes when I look at it. This mark will always be the constant reminder that happiness just wasn't meant for someone like me. Before my hand touches the knob, I'm engulfed in a tight hug by Lucas.

"Thank God your safe we were so worried."

I chuckle I'm safe, but it came with a price. He pulls back scanning over me. His eyes fall to the right side of my neck. I pull the shirt up trying to hide it, but it's to late. He yanks the fabric back,and there's a deafening silence.

"Yongguk come on Min's..." Kai comes to a halt when he seesI'd the mark with Yongguk following behind him. 

"Hey guys what's wrong? Why do you guys look so upset? Min when did you get the new tattoo.

"It's not a tattoo gentlemen you see me, and the little lady made an agreement. I'd free her, but she had to become mine. And now that I've claimed her, and she's claimed me your out of the picture Yongguk." Zico smirks wrapping an arm around my waist.

"This is a joke right? Please tell me your playing around Min."

I can feel my eyes burn, and the ache in my chest starts up.

"I'm sorry oppa, but Zico is who I chose."

Everything goes still for a moment, then Yongguk starts shaking. His hair turns a lighter shade of red. I step in front of Zico blocking him from Yongguk.

"If your gonna kill him you'll have to kill me as well."

I can see Yongguk die little by little as he sees me defending Zico. 

"And Lucas I'm leaving, I just wanted to tell you in person rather than send a message. Tell Mei goodbye for me."

I turn on my heal, and start to walk away.

"Please stay.....stay with me.."Yongguk squeaks.

"I'm sorry, but I'm moving on. So should you."

I look at his face one final time memorizing every one of his features. Making sure I have a perfect memory of what he looks like. Because this will be the last time I see his face again. I yank my arm away, and grab Zico hand pulling him along to our car. Tears I can hear them hitting the ground behind me. I push my own tears down. I push it all down every emotion, every fleeting moment we had. I push it all into a cage. A cage of ice so all I'm left with is the cold. I feel nothing else, but cold as I enter that godforsaken car.

 

Yongguk

 

Pain is a word no one is quite capable of understanding until they have fallen in love. Though love is wonderful when you lose that love you finally understand what pain is. I guess next you learn to despise, and hate. But it's not the one you love who you hate. No that can never happen. Instead you hate yourself. You begin realizing every crime you committed against the one you love. You begin to see you relationship at its seams, and you watch them tear apart right in front of your eyes. These faults of yours not his, or hers make you blame yourself, they make you despise your very being. But the worst part may be the emptiness. The feeling of never being whole. You can mask the pain, and put airs to show how much you love yourself. But the emptiness it shows, in your eyes when you are trying you best to distract yourself. In your smile when you see others as happy as you once were. You don't see it, but they do. Friends family they all can see how purposeless you are. They watch the the emptiness take over everything you do. And when they finally think that you've suffered by yourself enough, it's to late. Your already gone lost between worlds. Now your still alive you still eat,and breath. But you are nothing more then a shell. You no longer contain what makes you, you. Because he, or she took that when they left you.

 

Min

 

All I am, all I'll ever be is his. I am no longer the fearsome dragon of the Zodiac. No instead I'm whatever he wants me to be. Murder, girlfriend, slave, friend whatever he ask for I am. Because I'm no longer me. I could be who I am with Yongguk, but with him I am powerless, with him I am nameless. Just another pretty face in the crowd. Just another good girl gone bad. I am a murder still, I was a daughter, I was a young girls mother, and I was a lover. But even when I was labeled with these titles back then I was still me. Now I'm not sure what I am. A puppet, a toy that he'll grow tired of? Maybe I'm just nothing, worthless, trash. His, and my father's favorite words. I wonder if this is how mother felt? Utterly desecrated, alone, unloved. But at least she had me I loved her, I was there for her, and I could never hurt her. But you see I have no one. I exist only for the purpose of being alone, of being used. I'm sure even Yongguk wanted to use me for something. No one, but mother ever truly loved me. Lucas, Mei, Yongguk all of them never truly loved me. But I guess I can't be mad. Because I don't even love myself.

 

Yongguk

Kai enters my room, but I don't even bother to look up. I hear his footsteps come close to my so I decide to at least give him eye contact. Instead I'm met with his fist. It feels like the whole world collides with me, but I also feel something familiar. It feels like her it feels like Min, but I know that can't be right. I look up at Kai, and the feeling gets stronger. Which makes no sense at all. Lucas told me that vampires auras are only similar if their family,b it there's no way Kai is.

"Kai why do you..."

"Remind you of Min because I'm her older brother whose ready to kick your for not jumping to save her."

"Haha very funny Kai now seriously why do you remind of Min?"

"Because I am really her brother believe or not. I was a well kept secret in my family. Locked up in the attic. Though our mother tried desperately to free from my confines our father was having none of it." He spits bitterly.

 "He wanted a girl so a little boy was a big no no. He wanted to be able to manipulate his child so he could us her to his advantage. A boy he thought would be to hard to control. He was right in his own respects. I was a defiant child. The first chance I got I ran away. He didn't care obviously more worried about trying to get a daughter."

 "He also thought I would die soon anyway, but Lucas found me on the streets. I had joined up with a local gang and let's just say I wasn't as nice as I am now. Anyway I was a real , and that ended up getting me shot. Lucas found me, and took me in.

"When I heard Min was born I went, and visited our mother in secret. I told her everything about what I was how I've been doing. Then she told me about how she feared that Jin-sang was plotting something. I said I would watch over the both of them, and make sure they wouldn't be harmed. But what I didn't know was he knew everything. He wanted to study the vampire, and he was gonna use Min to do it. You see my mothers torture was no accident, and Min being left barely alive wasn't either. He had expected I would ask Lucas to save her, and that he would do it. You see he murder our mother, and made Min into his lab rat."

"But if that's true then..

"When she proves no longer useful he will kill her too. I'm sure Zico knows this too he probably just couldn't resist stealing her from you."

Something seems to move within me it's like the gears of a factory being restarted after years of collect dust. I feel like me again. I can feel my soul my spirit return. It's because now I have hope, now I know I still need to fight for Min. Because if I don't who will?"

 

Min

I don't know why but yesterday I felt compelled to try something dangerous. And you know what it made me feel so much better. Who knew popping a few aspirins, with some alcohol could make life feel not so ed up. In that moment I was happy. I was actually happy. I couldn't believe that something so euphoric existed. Then I crashed, and I crashed hard. Reality punched back, and it was the most undescribable pain I've ever felt. It's like all my demons came out, and started attacking. So I decided I would try something else today. I was able to sneak a knife from the kitchen. I stare at the blade for hours feeling uneasy about this. But I need something anything to help relive this pain I feel. I need some sort of release. Otherwise I may just decide to kill myself.

 

No point of view

She's holds the knife to her arm gripping the handle tightly to stop her shaking. She's scared, scared because of what she's becoming. No would have ever imagined her like this. Depressed, broken, lifeless. No one could have predicted how easy it would be to break her. Not even herself. She knew she had demons, but everyone does. She thought she had them under control like so many do, but she was wrong. They were just waiting for the right chance to pounce. So here she sits dragging a knife against her pale skin. Watching the blood spill, and stain red. She never thought she would actually be doing this. And she certainly didn't think she'd like it.