Ying & Yang

Ice Princess

Chapter 15
  
Min


I'm back home. Well not really because I'm dead, and I haven't been home home since mom's death, but the house is decrepit, and rotting yet something calls me to enter it.  My foot steps through our gate, and a gust of freezing wind seemingly pushes me to the house door. I brush my hand over the door knob. and it's just as cold as the air. The door creaks open to pitch blackness, but some unknown force seems to be pulling at me. I enter slowly questioning if I should really be here. The door slams shut making the decision for me. I stand there for a moment in the darkness taking the familiar feel of the house in. Even in the darkness this house is so familiar that I have no need for a light. I follow the grand staircase up to my old room. It feels bare, and empty as if my father tried to erase my existence.

"Come to me child." a voice rings through the darkness.

Leaving my room behind I try to find the source of the voice. Finding no evidence of another on the second floor I head to the third. The only room up there is the attic. A room that never gave off a good feeling to me. As I reach the third floor the temperature drops even more. I reach for the door knob, and energy surges through knocking be back. The door swings open violently, and light emerges from the room.


"Enter child."


My feet move on their own. I pull myself off the ground, and enter the attic. The door closes behind me with a soft click, but my eyes are focused on the sight in front of me. A blue dragon lays chained, and caged up. Injures run the length of his body, and I wonder who could have done this to him. 


"You cause me this harm, you locked me away, and you have bound me with these heavy chains."


"What? I didn't do it I don't even know you."


"It is sad one can't recognize who I am."


"How would I know you your just a stupid dragon who got caught by someone."


"I was caged by your heart, and chained down by your fears, and unless you release me you will have me trapped for death to come, and take me."


"How can I release you when I can't release myself. I can't do what you ask I can't."

 

"If you refuse to believe in your power then we will both be bound here in this purgatory forever."


"Help me out give me some clue. I can't help if I don't know the problem."


"To release me you must release yourself."


"But I don't know how to release myself I can't do it. I really am worthless like father said."

 

Tears start streaming down my face. My father said I wasn't needed anymore, he said I should have died, and maybe he was right.


"Let go. Let it all go, and trust in me."


Trust something I'm not very good at. Something I'm not sure I can do. Something I have to. I close my eyes letting every bit of my life spill out in my mind. Slowly I release all the hurt all the pain.


"You can't forget. Don't forget. Don't forget what made you who you are." A voice whispers to me. 


Why would I hold on to pain suffering, why allow the nightmares to return.


Then a memory of my mother flashes through my head.

 

Flashback:


"Min always remember there can be no happiness if one has not experience pain."


"But mom why?"


"Because without pain there can be no joy. As much as you father hurts me, because he gave me you all the pain I receive from him is worth it."

 

End Flashback


Dad put mom through so much, but every time she looked at me she could smile. If I choose to forget my pain then how will I remember my happiness. If it wasn't for my pain I would have never found my family. I would have never found Yongguk. I can't forget I can't. Because every failure, and trial was leading up to my great awakening. All roads lead to Rome right? So I need to start my journey there.


"Dragon I can't release myself from my pain, but I will find a way to release you."


Just like that everything disappears at once. He is free, and appears happy again.


"I did it! I really did it!!!!"


"You could always do it, but you needed to accept yourself for  all of you. Pain, joy, Sunshine, rain, Ying, and Yang. We all gain great things, but if we can not understand how those things are achieved then they are never truly received."


"I wish Yongguk was here to see me he'd be proud."


"Did I not say free me, and death will not take me?"


"Wait so you mean."


"I am your guardian spirit assigned to you as you were born. We decide whether our masters should live, or die. I see you finally understand who you are. That's all I ever wanted for you to see. Now I will release thee from this purgatory."