Chapter 6

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungah attempts to reconcile with Ryeowook while the bullies of their class reach their peak.

Maybe Tomorrow: Part 1

Peace Offering:
 

SoonYee walked into the kitchen the next morning, immediately feeling awkward. As she sat at the table, Sungah gave her an angry glare, making SoonYee uncomfortable. A few moments of staring passed before SoonYee could no longer take the silence.

"Sungah, I said I was sorry," SoonYee said.

"You also said you wouldn't tell." Said Sungah.

"I forgot! I'm sorry!" SoonYee whined.

"Well, your forgetfulness ruined what I had with Ryeowook."

"And what did you have with Ryeowook, Sungah? All you were doing was leading him on! I felt bad for him."

"You didn't have any right to tell him. I was going to do it!"

"When? When you break up with him? Why do that to him? He's so sweet."

"I should've never told you. You obviously can't keep a secret!"

"Girls, stop it." Their mother interrupted. "Stop acting so immature. This fighting isn't good for your father to hear. Sungah, help me bring him his breakfast."

"Okay." Sungah stood and followed her mother. "I'll get his morning medication ready."

"Sungah. You should've seen poor Ryeowookie's face," SoonYee frowned. "He really likes you, Sungah. Give him a real chance. Please?"

Sungah frowned. She didn't want to hurt Ryeowook. That was the last thing she wanted to do to him. She wanted his forgiveness. What if he wouldn't talk to her? Maybe he needs his space. Yes, space was what he needed. Give him time to think. What they had was much more than anger. Ryeowook was a good person. He would forgive her for sure.

__

Ryeowook made sure he got to school early. He did not want to risk running into Sungah. He sat at his desk, thankful the one next to him was still empty. He wasn't going to talk to her. He didn't want to hear an apology. She was just as mean like all the other kids, if not absolutely worse. Sungah had done something worse than all the others. She made him think he was actually wanted by someone. It was all just a sick lie. No girl would ever want him.

Yet, despite her plan to love him and leave him, he couldn't make his feelings for her simply disappear. Why couldn't one turn their feelings off to stop the hurt? Would that make life too easy? He had cried himself to sleep when he got home the night before, hoping his feelings would be gone by the time he woke. He still cared so much for her. And he hated himself for it.

When Sungah walked into the classroom, she wanted to immediately run up to Ryeowook and beg for forgiveness. He hated her. She knew she only had herself to blame. Remember, he needs his space. Sungah stepped in and sat in her old seat, across the room from Ryeowook. Just give him some time, and he'll forgive me.

Ryeowook watched her as she sat back at her original seat. She hated him. She can't pull her joke anymore, so now she's ignoring him. She's not even trying to apologize. If she was going to be that way, then he would too. Just ignore her. Act like she doesn't exist.

"Hey, Ryeowook," One of the boys sitting behind tapped on his shoulder. He turned and saw it was Dongmin. The guy who's been teasing him since grade school. Now it's worse because he has friends to back him up.

"Hey, Ryeowook." Daehyun, who was sitting next to Dongmin, got his attention. "Where's Sungah?"

"Isn't she your girlfriend?" Dongmin laughed.

"She was never my girlfriend." What hurt Ryeowook most about saying that statement was that it was true.

"But I thought she liked you." Youngsoo stepped in; another friend of Dongmin.

"I don't know, Youngsoo. She's not sitting by him anymore." Dongmin sounded like he was holding in a laugh.

"Did she dump you, Ryeowookie? Oh, how sad." Daehyun faked a pout. Remember what Sungah said. Just ignore them.

"I don't think he's in the mood to talk guys." Youngsoo laughed.

"That's okay. I'd be the same way if the prettiest girl in class dumped me, too." Dongmin just wanted a reaction from him, and he wasn't going to give him one.

It's too early for this. Please stop, Ryeowook thought. He didn't have the guts to say it out loud. Getting beat up was not on his to-do list for today. He looked to his right and saw a small group of girls giggling behind Sungah.

"Sungah. Hey, Sungah." Hannah tapped Sungah's shoulder repeatedly with her blue feathered pen.

"What?" Sungah said. She turned around and looked them in the eye.

"Why are you sitting over here and not over by your boyfriend?" Another girl teased.

"That's none of your business." Sungah turned away from them.

"I guess she's done stooping herself so low." Hannah's friend said as she flipped her hair off her shoulder.

"Or maybe Ryeowook's parents didn't approve of her." Hannah teased. "Have you seen her hair? They probably thought she was a thug."

"Or maybe it's because of her eyelid surgery. Awfully young for that. Sungah, which surgeon did you get your double eyelids from? You should recommend him for Ryeowook."

Hannah reached over and tapped Sungah's shoulder, "Sungah, whoever did your eyes were really good. I think it would help Ryeowook a lot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter