Chapter 10

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungah finally decides to be honest with Ryeowook about leaving, to Ryeowook's dismay.

Maybe Tomorrow: Part 1

Saying Goodbye:

 

"Hurry up mommy!" The little boy yelled to make his mother hurry up.

He ran inside and sat in front of one of the pianos, ecstatic to see it.

"Come on, hurry up daddy! Don't make me late again!" He heard a young girl yell from behind him.

The boy turned to see a little girl pulling her dad's arm. The girl, he had never seen a girl like her. So beautiful, so unique. She sat down next to him, and he felt afraid. This pretty girl was sitting next to him. Her hair was blonde, unusual, but so long and lovely. She wore multiple pink and purple flower pins in her hair, making her look, radiant. He thought quickly, he had to talk to her. He just had to.

"Hey." The boy blurted out. "N-Nice flowers."

"Who are you?" The girl looked at him, confused.

"Oh, I'm, Ryeowook." The boy answered.

"You must be new here." The girl replied. Ryeowook didn't say anything. He was shy, and she was so pretty, and she was talking to him."Got nothing to say, Ryeowook?" The Flower Girl smirked. "You're weird, but I like you."

"Really?" Ryeowook's eyes lit up.

"Yeah." She smiled sweetly. "Now play the piano with me."

"I don't really know how yet," Ryeowook replied.

"Well I do, so I guess it's time for me to help teach you. You better not be hopeless."

"I won't."

"You swear?"

"I swear."

__

"Hurry up, Ryeowookie!" Sungah tugged on Ryeowook's arm to make him get to the bench faster.

"It's not like the rink is going to run away, Sungah." Ryeowook laughed as they sat down.

"I know. But the faster we get these skates on the faster we get on the ice so move your cute ." Sungah quickly pulled the skates on. "Now skate with me."

"I don't really know how yet," Ryeowook replied.

"Well I do so, I guess it's time for me to help teach you. You better not be hopeless." Sungah grabbed his hand, pulling him along.

"I won't be, I swear." Ryeowook laughed in return.

"Good." Sungah pouted but grinned immediately after. "You're so cute."

The ice rink was fun. Once Ryeowook got the hang of it, they were able to skate side by side, holding hands. Ryeowook would hold both of Sungah's hands and pull her around the rink, both laughing as he did so. They would switch and Sungah would pull him along, in which she eventually fell when they came to an abrupt stop. They were on the ice for a good twenty-five minutes until Sungah suggested they get a warm drink.

"Ryeowookie," Sungah smiled as she sipped hot chocolate. "I want you and your parents to come to my house for Christmas. Just us and our families. How does that sound?"

"I'd love to." Ryeowook smiled sweetly. "My parents wouldn't mind either."

"Ryeowookie?" Sungah giggled. "You have whipped cream on your lip."

Ryeowook blushed. When he went to wipe it off, Sungah stopped him and laughed, holding his hand. She leaned in and gave him a kiss to get it off.

"I got it." Sungah giggled as Ryeowook blushed even more.

__

It was Christmas time and there wasn't a single snowfall as of yet. That was a shame. Ryeowook would've loved to play in the snow with Sungah.

"Wookie, you're here!" SoonYee opened the front door with a huge grin on her face. "Get in here!"

Ryeowook and his parents entered and SoonYee gave Ryeowook a tight hug.

"So glad you could come!" SoonYee giggled and ran off to the couch to watch tv.

SoonYee looked so cute. She wore a cute black dress at knee-length, and the top covered her shoulders and collar bone, while her long black hair was pulled into her usual ponytails to show her baby face.

"Wookie, we have great news! It's a Christmas miracle!" SoonYee clapped. "Our dad is getting better! He's actually improving, can you believe it? He gets out of the hospital in a few days, isn't that great?"

"That's so great!" Ryeowook smiled. "I'm so happy for you guys."

"Excuse me," He tapped Sungah's mother's shoulder. "Where's Sungah?"

"Right here."

Sungah emerged from the hallway and he looked at her. He suddenly felt his heart thumping a mile a minute in his chest. His eyes widened at the sight of her. She wore a beautiful red dress. He loved the way the short sleeves hung off her shoulders and showed the smooth pale skin of her collar bones, neck, and shoulders. And her legs, her perfect legs that looked as soft as baby skin.

He felt his body freeze and tense up in the spot he was standing in as if he couldn't move. She wore small red flower pins in her beautiful long blonde hair that was curled to accentuate her natural waves. He felt like he's never been more attracted to her in his life. She was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. The compliments everyone gave her were such understatements, it frustrated him. She was not just "pretty" or "beautiful" or "cute", or even "gorgeous". How would he describe her? Well, how would you describe perfection? She was perfection. She was an absolute angel, flawless. She was everything.

"Look at Ryeowook with his mouth hanging open!" SoonYee laughed, pointing at Ryeowook. "He thinks Sungah looks hot!"

Ryeowook's face turned red. He shut his mouth and looked at the floor. "Hot"? Not a word he would've chosen.

Thank you SoonYee, thanks so much, Ryeowook wanted to run and hide. Sungah-thankfully- walked up to him and grabbed his hand.

"Room tour?" She pulled him into the hallway and into her room, taking him away from everyone. She shut her door and turned to him. "I thought I'd save you from any more embarrassment SoonYee might and will give you."

"Thanks," Ryeowook replied.

He looked around the room. Sungah owned a lot of pink and purple. Her desk was covered in school papers, books, music sheets, and loads of her own amazing drawings. At least ten dresses were scattered on her bed and floor as if she couldn't decide which one to wear at the last minute.

"Ryeowookie," Sungah tapped his shoulder. "Everyone complimented me out there, except you."

When he tried to look at her again, he couldn't take it. Looking at the floor was much more comfortable.

"W-Well, you-you know..." Ryeowook's voice faded out as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Sungah laughed, "Do I need to remind you that you're my boyfriend now, and you are allowed to compliment me without it being awkward?"

Ryeowook lifted his head and looked at her again, feeling like he would faint if he stared too long.

"S-Sungah," Ryeowook stuttered, "You...You are an angel. You're always so beautiful."

"And," Sungah got closer to him, making his face grow hot, and his body tensed up again, making him feel as if he couldn't move. "Do you want to kiss me right now?"

Ryeowook nervously nodded his head, feeling as if he could no longer speak. Sungah got closer and put her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her. She stopped when their lips were just centimeters away from touching.

"I've done enough of the work," She looked into his eyes. "Now you finish it."

He knew it's what he wanted. He knew it's what she wanted. Now, the opportunity was right there. Kiss her first. He finished it. He closed the tiny gap between them and kissed her. He couldn't even believe that she was his. In the middle of her room, he held her in his arms and kissed her. He just might be getting better at this. He tasted the cherry flavor on her lips, he loved it. He held her closer and pulled away.

"You're too good for me, Kim Sungah." He put his lips to her hair, feeling it's soft texture. Sungah playfully hit him and laughed, hugging him back.

"That's not true." Sungah held him tightly. "You don't realize how wrong you are. You're more amazing than you know."

He blushed at her words. She lifted her chin up to look into his eyes. That familiar sparkle in her eyes just lit up her beautiful face. She gave him a soft but quick kiss, hugging him tightly once again.

"You know what?" Ryeowook rested his cheek on her head.

"What?" Sungah replied.

"When I found out that you were planning to leave me, I was hurt. I was determined to make you love me for real. I didn't think you would," Ryeowook held her tighter. "But when you said you'd never leave me, the day I sang, I feel like I've done it. Like, like I've convinced you that our feelings for each other aren't from a fantasy. They're real."

Sungah broke down inside. What had she gotten hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter